Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

OMG! :hysterical:

Let me just quickly embed it here for everyone to enjoy.

EVPZZeyUwAILvAW.jpg

ScreenOrigami;4286006 said:
My favorite new reaction video for all things LN. :laughing:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2 minutes after I open up Twitter every morning <a href="https://t.co/YjVuo1tach">pic.twitter.com/YjVuo1tach</a></p>&#8212; Philip DeFranco (@PhillyD) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhillyD/status/1247561102025621505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ha, perfect!

Em.. Reddit..I wouldn't touch that site with a 10 ft pole...
for the sake of preserving my own sanity.
If you asked me..think they're bunch of Rabid conspirarcy theorists...
devour the carp outta of you, in so much as having merely
sounded with some semblance of an iota of opposing them

There's actually a lot of great communities on there. And I think most of Reddit seems on MJ's side usually, too.

On Wendy Williams show of her at home, she has a picture of MJ by her left side from Billie Jean video.

There's actually a lot of great communities on there. And I think most of Reddit seems on MJ's side usually, too.

Agreed; I'm a fan of Reddit. Certain areas are like the Wild West of the internet, but there are some really great communities.

I can recall probably a few years ago.

I remember she said she said after the Film family youtube channel was launched that she would love to have Bigi on her show reviewing movies so that could be one of the reasons she defended MJ. Also it is not hard to see through Robson and Safechuck. I think a lot of people were paid to promote is, she was not one of them. I hope TJ and Taj will be where to give to give Michaels children advice even now then they are no longer minors. I would hate if someone like her would use them.

I wouldnt say the jacksons are the best ppl to advise going by their history. Anyone throws a few bucks at them and its come on in oprah etc etc etc.

did anyone watch the live chat from taj and danny oliver? it&#8217;s like 4 hrs long.

can someone please help and write down the bullet points of what he told? :)

I remember she said she said after the Film family youtube channel was launched that she would love to have Bigi on her show reviewing movies so that could be one of the reasons she defended MJ. Also it is not hard to see through Robson and Safechuck. I think a lot of people were paid to promote is, she was not one of them. I hope TJ and Taj will be where to give to give Michaels children advice even now then they are no longer minors. I would hate if someone like her would use them.

Wow. i'm the same to. i hope and pray that the family will look after Michael kids. and tell them about hollyweird and the outside world. because this world is crazy. and of course people gonna go after them because they his kids. they been actually going after them even when they were babies.

i do believe all of this was plan as well for money.

I wouldnt say the jacksons are the best ppl to advise going by their history. Anyone throws a few bucks at them and its come on in oprah etc etc etc.

Your right. look what some of them did when Michael was alive. randy. his dad. etc. i feel bad for his kids because they didn't know any better at the time. you can say everyone use Michael. except janet, his nephews etc.

Your right. look what some of them did when Michael was alive. randy. his dad. etc. i feel bad for his kids because they didn't know any better at the time. you can say everyone use Michael. except janet, his nephews etc.
I agree but TJ and Taj are among the Jacksons I actually trust.

Given that Reed appears to be planning 'LN2', here's a new film distribution company linked to Reed, to keep an eye on:

Former Kew Media Executive Launches Abacus Media Rights; Lands BBC & HBO Film &#8216;Superbug&#8217;

Jonathan Ford, the former Kew Media Distribution executive vice president of sales, has launched his own distribution company Abacus Media Rights. Ford left Kew Media Distribution before it collapsed earlier this year following months of financial mismanagement at its parent, the Canadian company Kew Media Group.

He has established Abacus with backing from investment vehicle Amcomri Media Group, which already owns 101 Films, a film distribution firm that served Kew Media Distribution with a winding-up petition after it ran into financial difficulty.

Financial details were not disclosed but Amcomri said Abacus Media Rights has &#8220;a substantial funding line&#8221; to support acquisitions &#8212; and it has already landed its first slate of shows.

These include the upcoming BBC and HBO modern medicine documentary Superbug, which is made by Leaving Neverland producer Dan Reed&#8217;s company Amos Pictures. CBC drama series Trickster, made by former Kew Media Group company Sienna Films, is also among its launch titles.

Amcomri chairman Paul McGowan will sit on the board of Abacus Media Rights, while Ford has also hired Anton Romalijski (director of sales), Lesley Whittock (director of marketing and acquisitions) and Claire Hoskin (director of business affairs) to join his team.

Ford said: &#8220;This is a competitive industry and I wanted to set up a company which is streamlined and innovative, an open and fully transparent organisation. With a respected, experienced team working alongside me, and with the backing of Amcomri, we are looking forward to working with great production companies, building strong partnerships and launching into the content market with some essential viewing.&#8221;

https://deadline.com/2020/04/jonathan-ford-abacus-media-rights-superbug-1202909829/

MJ feeling the LN backlash in Belgium

Radio 2 the biggest radiostation in Belgium held it's yearly top 80 of the 80s and MJ got a serious uppercut by the voters.

Beat it dropped out
Billie Jean dropped from 4 to 40
Thriller from 10 to 33

A week before that radio 1 held it's all time top 1000 and the same 3 songs (his only songs) all dropped very badly in that list as well. By comparison David Bowie had 19 songs in the list, Beatles 22, Elvis and Prince 10+ songs.

Yet when I read this forum you'd think MJ is doing better than ever in the public eye... Yeah right.

Re: MJ feeling the LN backlash in Belgium

No need for its own thread. All threads are automatically posted to all social networks!

I mean you’ve got the whole world dancing like Michael Jackson thanks to Drake’s new song so I’ll focus on that rather than a stupid radio poll but each to their own.

It's reality, if you want to keep living in the fantasy world where MJ is universally loved then keep dreaming. This is just as newsworthy as Drake referencing MJ in his new song. Dam2040 if you think Drake has a nr 1 hit because he sings about MJ then you are deluded and I don't feel bad saying that.

It's reality, if you want to keep living in the fantasy world where MJ is universally loved then keep dreaming. This is just as newsworthy as Drake referencing MJ in his new song. Dam2040 if you think Drake has a nr 1 hit because he sings about MJ then you are deluded and I don't feel bad saying that.

Who has ever said MJ was universally loved? No person in the world is universally loved. Also nowhere in Dam2040 did he/she say that drake has a nr 1 because he sings about MJ. Go and re-read what he/she posted.

Who rattled your cage again? I was enjoying the respite! haha

Who rattled your cage again? I was enjoying the respite! haha

Well it just confirmed my feeling (at least where I am from) that LN did a lot of harm to the legacy and stature of MJ and public voted radio playlists prove that my feeling was right. That's all I want to prove because I honestly feel lots of MJ fans are blinded by the real impact the doc had.

It's actually very interesting to see how powerful a personal testimony of an (alleged) victim works in the psyche of the masses. The backlash in 93 was non existent, he stayed big and powerful on his throne and that's because Chandler never talked about what allegedly happened so it had zero impact.

JichaelMackson;4286820 said:

MJ was not universally loved, even before LN. There were a lot of people who thought he was a paedophile before the airing of LN.

Ultimately, LN didn't have any negative impact on MJ's sales and streams. If anything, his sales and streams have gone up since LN. He is still a regular feature on big music charts such as Billboard 200, UK albums charts on a weekly basis.

But you being the Mr Negative that you are decide to focus on some radio station's viewers not voting enough for Michael's music to be higher on the list, as if that is some proof of Michael being cancelled in Belgium.

Lets look at the most recent Belgium charts and see how Michael is doing in that country:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BELGIUM - Flanders - Top 200 Album Sales<br><br>THRILLER #100 (+75) <a href="https://t.co/KcPONno5IU">pic.twitter.com/KcPONno5IU</a></p>&mdash; MICHAEL JACKSON Sales-Charts-Statistics (@Pierpinto) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pierpinto/status/1249597379663351810?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BELGIUM - Wallony - Top 200 Album Sales<br><br>THRILLER #186 (re) <a href="https://t.co/HPvGgmy602">pic.twitter.com/HPvGgmy602</a></p>&mdash; MICHAEL JACKSON Sales-Charts-Statistics (@Pierpinto) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pierpinto/status/1249596522783801346?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As you can see, Michael is doing fine in Belgium. Sure there are people who think he is a paedophile, but that has been the case since 1993. It's nothing new.

Please stop focusing on the negative always and look on the bright side sometimes.

Well it just confirmed my feeling (at least where I am from) that LN did a lot of harm to the legacy and stature of MJ and public voted radio playlists prove that my feeling was right. That's all I want to prove because I honestly feel lots of MJ fans are blinded by the real impact the doc had.

It's actually very interesting to see how powerful a personal testimony of an (alleged) victim works in the psyche of the masses. The backlash in 93 was non existent, he stayed big and powerful on his throne and that's because Chandler never talked about what allegedly happened so it had zero impact.

Dude have you been looking at the positive MJ stuff lately? yes Michael has haters. but lately I been seeing positive stuff about MJ. if you enjoy negative MJ stuff. go ahead. but the rest of us don't wanna hear about anymore people are dying. me, you,or anyone on this site can die. and you worry is negative MJ. how about you go spread hope like the rest us during this pandemic.

Last edited:
Back