Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

filmandmusic

Proud Member
@staywild23

I don't understand why this was a question either, all the other questions were related to his career or sport and then ad random pops up MJ. Maybe he is somewhat of an MJ fan and the interviewer knew about this, I don't know...
My quoted sentence is the exact translation of the question that was asked. Wouldn't it be terrible if Michael Jackson came to be known as the great child molester and not as a singer/dancer :eek::ROFLMAO:

It is all good that he still gets played and that people kind of accept it despite what is being said about him. But these things shouldn't be said in the first place. I'd rather see MJ's name cleared than ever hearing him on the radio again to be fair. This injustice is what's bugging me not the fact that his legacy may or may not get damaged.

Yeah I also saw Depp's name frequently recently but I haven't been following this case either. I'm not interested in these things except when it is about MJ lol.

staywild23

Premium Member
It is all good that he still gets played and that people kind of accept it despite what is being said about him. But these things shouldn't be said in the first place. I'd rather see MJ's name cleared than ever hearing him on the radio again to be fair. This injustice is what's bugging me not the fact that his legacy may or may not get damaged.

Yeah I also saw Depp's name frequently recently but I haven't been following this case either. I'm not interested in these things except when it is about MJ lol.

I have to say, I completely agree with you. While I despise the idea of him not being forever remembered for his artistic legacy, I hate even more the idea that people believe such horrifying things about him especially when he was genuinely such a good person who backed up all of his messages with action, not just lip service. That actually emotionally wrecks me. I can't think of anyone less deserving of this media abuse than him. In addition to his name being totally cleared, I also feel he really needs wide recognition as a humanitarian. I applaud all of the beautiful efforts of the fans who have made documentaries on YouTube and whatnot, but we need a really high quality doc on a major streaming service to cover all of this stuff (his innocence, humanitarianism, and all). He deserves that.

And yes, I get it. MJ has been my primary focus, in general, the last few months and I don't see that changing anytime soon haha.

Hess

Proud Member
MJ should not be boy-cut becuase he is innocent. easy as that.

He was totally vindicated - found not guilty in a huge trial that went thru everything, the most intense raid, they went thru all the books, magazines found, there was absolutely no proof, nothing that even remotely proved MJ to have done anything wrong.

SO to even suggest to ban or boy-cut MJ is stupid and ridiculous - and luckily, I have seen absolutely noone do so in Denmark.

There was a few radio stations boycutting just when the trash moc was released, but they started playing MJ's music quite fast again.

staywild23

Premium Member
Saw this interview a couple of days ago and thought it was really interesting! Apparently Jaime Kennedy has a YouTube channel (who knew?) and interviewed Dan Karaty who was a friend of Wade Robson's and spent time with Wade and Michael together in the early 2000s. Dan straight up says that in knowing Wade and in meeting Michael, he thinks LN is bullshit.

It was honestly a very interesting interview in which both men speak pretty respectfully about MJ throughout. I think Jaime maybe makes one joke, but it was pretty tame from what I recall. I overall really enjoyed listening to this, so thought it might be interesting to others too!

PoP

Proud Member
MJ should not be boy-cut becuase he is innocent. easy as that.

He was totally vindicated - found not guilty in a huge trial that went thru everything, the most intense raid, they went thru all the books, magazines found, there was absolutely no proof, nothing that even remotely proved MJ to have done anything wrong.

SO to even suggest to ban or boy-cut MJ is stupid and ridiculous - and luckily, I have seen absolutely noone do so in Denmark.

There was a few radio stations boycutting just when the trash moc was released, but they started playing MJ's music quite fast again.
If they dare boycotting Michael, you should boycott them back. I boycotted radio stations from Quebec for that until later they put his music back in.

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I think Dan somewhat stopped saying he doesn’t believe Wade. He was a regular face on talent shows in Belgium, I guess he didn’t want to lose his tv work…

unless this is a recent interview

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Tomorrow in headlines. Michael not only had sex with children, according to our sources and of a once big MJ fan he also cut up children during it. We contacted the Estate for their view on the matter but they continue to defend this vile, evil , devilish person. Both the fans and the Estate present themselves yet again as deluded lunatics without shame.

Sorry if nobody finds this funny because it is ‘t but I am cynical like that 😂
Sorry hess, I know it is a mere typo 🤓

staywild23

Premium Member
I think Dan somewhat stopped saying he doesn’t believe Wade. He was a regular face on talent shows in Belgium, I guess he didn’t want to lose his tv work…

unless this is a recent interview
I’m not sure when this interview was filmed, but it was published 2 days ago on YouTube! So it’s presumably pretty recent, which is part of what I found so interesting about it! I don’t know a lot about the response to LN since I had never heard of it until becoming a fan, but if this is recent I think it speaks to maybe there being more comfort for people wanting to speak out against it. Interesting nonetheless!