Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

What you should be asking is where are the marriage vows they wrote. Safechuck showing some random ring that he could have bought himself isn't proof. I mean, Safechuck kept the ring safe for 20 something years, but lost the vows?

If they existed then the vows should be there but if he claims he lost them then theres not much you can say.

I don't believe for one moment he kept rings as a momento from someone who supposedly abused him.
It's just I don't think the fact no vows were produced strengthens our argument.

This is what happens when you dehumanise someone over decades. You can say the most unbelievable B.S ie wedding rings and vows etc and its seen as fact. Anyone else and ppl would be going yeah right with the biggest wtf eye roll

I think they knew by making the film that the neverland part the weekest part is of James story because of the incredible lack of evidence they could show about it (three photos, birthday party, the rings).
So they brought the most graphic crazy details into this to manipulate the emotions of the viewer so far as possible that he don't reconize when they only watch LN once (what the most people do) the lack of evidence they are showing.
Even the first version was not strong enough so Reed decided to bring the wedding ceremony in.
We know this was the last thing they filmed.
They made this also cause they know it whould trigger the media extreamly who always wanna sell the storys that MJ abused kids in the "kiddie-candy Land" Neverland and not somewere else!

Was the wedding ceremony part of James lawsuit?

Last edited:
This is what happens when you dehumanise someone over decades. You can say the most unbelievable B.S ie wedding rings and vows etc and its seen as fact. Anyone else and ppl would be going yeah right with the biggest wtf eye roll

Exactly.This is simply a continuous attack on someone,who even in death shows no sign of letting up but we all know why,money.

I have said before,I am waiting on someone else going with the same lies,millions at stake and the accused not here to defend himself while alot of the public will believe them and the media will certainly be more than happy to publish any stories they wish.

The can of worms was opened and its now spilt everywhere.

I saw that jewelry store video years ago. The speculation was that Michael was shopping for an engagement ring. Liza Minnelli said that Michael proposed to an African artist around that time.

Yes, page 18. Mentions wedding ring and a signed document. Nothing else.

(Doc is in 'Legal Resources' in Trials / Tribs)
ok did they say there that the ceremony took place in neverland?

Did they say that MJ abused James in all the same occasions in neverland he mentioned in the film?

ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4248909 said:
Yeah they said that they sold it to over 130 countrys.

Huge cash cow for wade, james and reed!
It doesn't really matter if they will get exposed publically in a few months and their lawsuits never can be sucessful then.

I’ll sit with a case of Prosecco and I’ll watch that beautiful and interesting movie 🍿

Til this day they will have made a lot of money from leaving Neverland!

And a part of it goes directly to the Estate, they’re in debt.

Thats why it is important to not watch it on tv for us fans.
They didn't deserve one cent and the tv stations who air this crap too.

As far as I’m concerned I won’t watch it, not even if someone put a gun to my head, I can’t handle I’m sorry.

I'm not sure if it's been shared here before, but there is an interesting article about HBO's documentary- production 'philosophy', which dates from July 2015.

If Reed took 2 years to make this Doc, then they probably started filming around Dec 16, so the article is reasonably close in time to LN being commissioned.

If HBO pay around $1million per hour, we know why this film is 4 hours long!
I was also struck by the 'Relatability and Relevance' quote. Heard that before from Robson's deposition, but I'm not sure of the date he wrote it. Likely to be from when he was writing his book, circa 2012.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3045903...r-emotional-truth-in-documentary-storytelling

05.07.15 BY KC IFEANYI

(NB Extracts only, here, as it is a long article.)
Includes quotes from HBO director Brett Morgen’s latest documentary, Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, and Sheila Nevins, President of HBO Documentaries.

Inside HBO’s Quest For Emotional Truth

“There is no objective truth, which is why movies that are built on Wikipedia biographies are failed attempts to begin with,” Morgen says.

It’s hard to divorce yourself from personal experiences. Even when presenting someone else’s life, you’re looking at it through a lens of your own design. What makes a documentary compelling–or not–is how a director chooses to relate that emotional truth in an artful way. HBO has been a champion for such directors, acting as a megaphone for projects the network acquires, or building out its own films in-house.

HBO’s eminent voice in contemporary documentaries has, in large part, to do with Sheila Nevins, president of HBO documentaries. Her boiled-down strategy: relatability, relevance, creative clarity, and, echoing Morgen, emotional truth.

RELATABILITY
“We have to cut through the morass of media,” Nevins says. “One of the ways to cut through is not just star appeal, but by touching the population where it hurts and where it also energizes them. You have to zero in in some way–you have to find a way into it.

RELEVANCE
Nevins, more than anyone, can attest to how far documentaries and documentary storytelling have come. When Nevins first started at HBO in 1979 after leaving a job at ABC’s 20/20, she admits she didn’t know anything about making documentaries, and put into production films that recapped the decades. “They were so boring,” Nevins recalls. “And then I saw Jaws was doing well, so then I did a story about sharks. And when War of the Roses was doing well, I did a story about divorce and alimony. So I stole from the movies [audiences] were buying–ideas that could be documentaries. We look for the things in the changing world that most people would be interested in at a given time. So it’s not a consistent thing–it’s what’s in the atmosphere of importance at a particular time and place. You have to feel the day–you have to feel the todayness of the day.”

Although HBO is vague on its exact budget for documentaries–a New York Times story reported the network pays, on average, “mid to high hundreds of thousands per hour, equal to the highest end of PBS” for documentaries–what really matters is tapping into and nurturing filmmakers’ creativity or being able to spot potential for acquisitions like with Going Clear.

TRUTH
“And it’s like, no you ****ing idiot.”

Morgen is in the middle of recounting a recent post-screening Q&A when someone in attendance took his statement that he’s not concerned with facts to mean he’s creating films based on lies. “It’s an acknowledgement there’s no such thing as an objective truth. There’s no such thing as an objective fact. But there is something called an emotional truth. That’s what I’m after, and I use real people’s lives, and I am so hardcore in my research. I did not phone this shit in. I want to **** every frame that comes before me–I want to know it inside and out.”

There can be an expectation for documentaries to cram every small detail of a subject’s life into a film, with no cherrypicking allowed. When documentarians speak of “truth,” however, what’s stressed constantly is the emotional undercurrent of facts. As Canadian filmmaker Michel Brault once put it:
I don’t know what truth is. Truth is something unattainable. We can’t think we’re creating truth with a camera. But what we can do is reveal something to viewers that allows them to discover their own truth.

“I heard Laura Poitras say something very interesting recently about Citizenfour,” Safinia recalls. “She said, ‘I am a journalist, but instead of telling just the facts, I’m telling the emotions.’ I thought that was so powerful, because you can tell the same story, but you can decide to tell it through a different lens.”

For Nevins, producing game-changing documentaries like Montage of Heck is only part of the equation to maintaining HBO’s prominence in the field. It’s also, “How do we get into the heartbeat of that particular ethos of a particular time in a way that’s uniquely ours, and people won’t say, ‘I saw this documentary on television . . . ‘–they’ll say, ‘I saw this documentary on HBO.'”

Last edited:
Berry gordys niece has put out a statement against robson. Does anyone have it as its on my F B but i can only see half of it and cant copy as i use f.b lite.(old phone) talking about joy contacting mjj prod for money etc

Do you have a link to the post or her name?

This wedding ring video is going to be a major blow for me because I feel like we have been making progress, and now they're going to think they have actual evidence that Safechuck is telling the truth.

What's worse is the media will pick this up instantly even though they have ignored everything from us. Feel like it's going to knock us back a few steps, and I've been extremely positive till now.

ok did they say there that the ceremony took place in neverland?

Did they say that MJ abused James in all the same occasions in neverland he mentioned in the film?

I'm sorry, but I've put the resources in the Trials and Tribs section so people can look up all the info they need. (It takes a long time to answer individual questions and I'd like to look at other media etc in the time that I have available).

The link is here:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/273431049/Safechuck-Civil-Complaint

This wedding ring video is going to be a major blow for me because I feel like we have been making progress, and now they're going to think they have actual evidence that Safechuck is telling the truth.

What's worse is the media will pick this up instantly even though they have ignored everything from us. Feel like it's going to knock us back a few steps, and I've been extremely positive till now.

Perl Jr. Did know about this video and was wondereing in one or two of her last videos that it was not included in LN.
1. Reason: They didn't know about it existance
2. Reason: They didn't got the copy right.

I think one of the haters saw Perl, found the video and send it to the tabloids.

Very.b;4248931 said:
As far as I’m concerned I won’t watch it, not even if someone put a gun to my head, I can’t handle I’m sorry.
Yeah, I am with you on that choice, I won't watch it either when it airs tonight here in Sweden about an hour (1st part). So unfair, pathetic and appalling documentary. I wonder what the repercussions are here in Sweden, I have avoided reading Swedish news media completely since beginning of this month...
But at least they played Billie Jean in a particular radio station today and other songs for the recent past days.

MJ went shopping for toys and books (for children) on a regular basis. The media will make something of anything.

Unless they interview the shop owner, confirm a date, get CCTV of MJ in there with Safechuck and match the ring style with the stock / sales ledger, the media have no evidence of anything.

Interestingly, Twitter fans are posting sections of film and interview where Robson and Safechuck are obviously trying not to laugh, and for Safechuck, he's not-quite managing to suppress a smirk when talking about the 'marriage' both in the film and during the Oprah interview.

Last edited:
MJ went shopping for toys and books (for children) on a regular basis. The media will make something of anything.

Unless they interview the shop owner, confirm a date, get CCTV of MJ in there with Safechuck and match the ring style with the stock / sales ledger, the media have no evidence of anything.

I get that, I dont need to be convinced of anything myself. I'm just saying that its going to be so infuriating when they pick this up after ignoring our side of the story.

How could a fan be so careless to post this publicly?

Good lord, this shit is pathetic really. So Michael went to a Jewelry store, God forbid he did that.

I saw that jewelry store video years ago. The speculation was that Michael was shopping for an engagement ring. Liza Minnelli said that Michael proposed to an African artist around that time.

He did? Interesting. That's news for me.

Interestingly, Twitter fans are posting sections of film and interview where Robson and Safechuck are obviously trying not to laugh, and for Safechuck, he's not-quite managing to suppress a smirk when talking about the 'marriage' both in the film and during the Oprah interview.

The problem is this is not a toy shop but a jeweller's,it could be Safechuck with him and it is on CCTV.

Either way,its not damning evidence of anything but rather just helping support JS story.

You guys know rapper The Game right? He had a great tribute song when Mike passed away.

His instagram:

screenshot_20190312-2fwk1c.jpg

There is someone who did bodylanuage analysis on James and his family in LN.

I didn't watch the videos but from the reactions in the comment sections the result seames to be positive for us.
The uploader has many bodylanguage videos on his channel.
So he seames to be an expert.

Here are the two videos:

https://youtu.be/7jR-yEHI0GI

https://youtu.be/o-FPG0d5168

I think she will do this for Wades part too.

She thinks James is telling the truth. Says nothing in his body language shows lies.

She thinks James is telling the truth. Says nothing in his body language shows lies.
She needs to see his interviews. Lying all the way. The thing about these "experts", one will see it one way and another will see it way one.

Have you watched the documentary? Because you're talking about rings and stuff and I don't wanna see one second of this documentary. James is saying something that is true? :/

It's hard to follow everything and I'm new to this forum and English is not my main language.

The problem is this is not a toy shop but a jeweller's,it could be Safechuck with him and it is on CCTV.

Either way,its not damning evidence of anything but rather just helping support JS story.

The story was bizarre to start with. You would need a weird imagination to create it out of nothing. As barnes said he liked rings etc. so maybe mj did buy him something as he bought many ppl things. Safechuck had a foundation for the story and built his B.S around it.

Back