Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

On social media (Instagram), some MJ fan accounts that I follow posted a tweet by Dan Reed that LN will be on Netflix in March...absolutely heartbreaking. We will just need to complain again like the other day until they remove it again. ??

i'm really starting to loose hope on this but we still have an court case happening soon. hopefully the estate will do something about it. i feel so sad for the family. screw America laws and i'm in America. ugh. :no:

Netflix been full of it since last year that's why they loosing so many subscribers. never had Netflix never will.

I’m waiting to raise complaints about LN in March then I’ll end my Netflix. Absolute trash for promoting lies like this.

I haven’t touched Netflix because of that garbage French film, you’ll know which I mean. If LN is on Netflix, then Netflix is dead to me. Streaming services just suck!

NatureCriminal7896;4317986 said:
i'm really starting to loose hope on this but we still have an court case happening soon. hopefully the estate will do something about it. i feel so sad for the family. screw America laws and i'm in America. ugh. :no:

Yeah screw the laws! California laws are the most f:censored:ed laws in America still.

Last edited:
On social media (Instagram), some MJ fan accounts that I follow posted a tweet by Dan Reed that LN will be on Netflix in March...absolutely heartbreaking. We will just need to complain again like the other day until they remove it again. ??

Ohhh, boy. That's not good.

Anna;4318068 said:
Ohhh, boy. That's not good.

I’m thinking we should put a strategy in place for how to complain / maybe have a petition / open letter. fans did that on Instagram quietly but effectively and they noted the complaints.

xo_lola_xo;4318070 said:
I’m thinking we should put a strategy in place for how to complain / maybe have a petition / open letter. fans did that on Instagram quietly but effectively and they noted the complaints.

Not sure there's much we can do. Loads of people complained about Cuties and Netflix did nothing, even with extensive backlash, press coverage, and loads of people saying they'd end their subscriptions.

I hate to miss out on Stranger Things and The Witcher but if there is truth to that I will definitely cancel my subscription.

EDIT: Apparently it's only the UK version of Netflix that's getting it, but still.

I think when Wade's case is thrown out, we will have more even more power to speak. This seem to be the UK Netflix, not USA. I still believe this is an agenda with some in the industry/media in the UK. They even rehashed that Jarvis crocker nonsense. The UK media seem to be a bunch of bored folks looking to use MJ to make money for their boring/racist press. So obvious.

Anna;4318077 said:
Not sure there's much we can do. Loads of people complained about Cuties and Netflix did nothing, even with extensive backlash, press coverage, and loads of people saying they'd end their subscriptions.

We shouldn’t be discouraged I think. It’s all possible. The fans cited misinformation, spoke to customer services and some ended subscriptions. It was taken down after a day 👍🏼

I think when Wade's case is thrown out, we will have more even more power to speak. This seem to be the UK Netflix, not USA. I still believe this is an agenda with some in the industry/media in the UK. They even rehashed that Jarvis crocker nonsense. The UK media seem to be a bunch of bored folks looking to use MJ to make money for their boring/racist press. So obvious.

True I agree

xo_lola_xo;4318097 said:
We shouldn’t be discouraged I think. It’s all possible. The fans cited misinformation, spoke to customer services and some ended subscriptions. It was taken down after a day 👍🏼

If they're putting it back up in March, then surely the complaints weren't the reason it was removed.

Not gonna lie. I'm really worried about the latest news that LN will feature on Netflix.

Netflix is a huge platform in the UK and visibility of this nonsense will be more prevalent compared with catch up services where you need to physically search for material.

This will undoubtedly bring a resurgence of discussion surrounding the topic and give the illusion to many that this is a new programme. Absolutely dreading it!

Just when I thought we could move on.

Reed is clearly basking in glory about this. Also very devious that this will be a shorter cut which will aim to remove all the inconsistencies to appear more compelling.

Not gonna lie. I'm really worried about the latest news that LN will feature on Netflix.

Netflix is a huge platform in the UK and visibility of this nonsense will be more prevalent compared with catch up services where you need to physically search for material.

This will undoubtedly bring a resurgence of discussion surrounding the topic and give the illusion to many that this is a new programme. Absolutely dreading it!

Reed is clearly basking in glory about this. Also very devious that this will be a shorter cut which will aim to remove all the inconsistencies to appear more compelling.

Yeah, this has the potential to be really bad. Way worse than the reaction and fallout from the initial release.

Reed might be making a sequel. I heard some talk about that he was filming in court. I hope the Estate can stop it.

Yeah, this has the potential to be really bad. Way worse than the reaction and fallout from the initial release.

As much as I like to stay optimistic, I think you might be right.

If this all blows up again, shamefully, I'll have to distance myself away from this mess. It consumed so much of my brain space in 2019 that I don't think I can endure another battle ground.

As much as I appreciate the endeavours by fans to petition for what's right, I don't believe that Netflix will remove LN as they thrive on controversy to build interest on their platform.

I can already see my Facebook time line being filled with.. 'OMG have you seen the new MJ doc on Netflix..'

Seriously!! ? Are they going on a full scale P.R tour like last time where every media outlet and their granny had them on? Because it was a brand new doc that no one had ever heard about before. And it was a big exclusive. If this wasnt been talked about by fans or they werent following reed and giving him the attention he wants by being suckered in by him without even realising i doubt half would even notice until they were flicking through months down the line.seriously some like to over dramatize everything and crave negativity. If the premier and everything that came with it didnt end mj then yeah of course it been supposedly only put on
the uk version streaming service years after its release is really gonna be far worse. ?

The estate has just filed their reply to robson over the summary judgement hearing due next week. People should go read that instead of all the sky is falling.. same ole

Seriously!! ? Are they going on a full scale P.R tour like last time where every media outlet and their granny had them on? Because it was a brand new doc that no one had ever heard about before. And it was a big exclusive. If this wasnt been talked about by fans or they werent following reed and giving him the attention he wants by being suckered in by him without even realising i doubt half would even notice until they were flicking through months down the line.seriously some like to over dramatize everything and crave negativity. If the premier and everything that came with it didnt end mj then yeah of course it been supposedly only put on
the uk version streaming service years after its release is really gonna be far worse. ?

The estate has just filed their reply to robson over the summary judgement hearing due next week. People should go read that instead of all the sky is falling.. same ole

Haha... Wow. I can't stand drama and I certainly don't crave negativity, I'm just being realistic. This could easily blow up again like Surviving R. Kelly did. It could get on Netflix trending. It could be seen by way more people than it was when it aired on Channel 4. And unlike TV on-demand, things are on Netflix for a lot longer. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend those things aren't possible. It helps nothing. It also could barely make a ripple and fade into obscurity. There are several possible outcomes, which is why I only said 'potential' in my previous post. There's nothing wrong with being aware of and prepared for the worst, while also hoping for the best.

nobody talking about LN anymore. it's just the fans and wade etc. a few months after it aired everybody forgot about it or didn't care. these guys are broke people who needs jobs.

Yall, it is going to be ok. The difference now also is MJ Estate are WINNING in court over these fools so it is a different ball game compare to when LN came out in 2019. And HBO lost TWICE for the arbrituation. LN was promoted more than the Superbowl so I am not convince most people do not know about LN if they really wanted to see it regardless if it is on Netflix or not. And Dave Chappelle who one of the biggest ratings on Netflix talked out those MF in LN on his show which means many people still know about it & they could go see it if they really wanted to see it by now.

Last edited:
agree. i still have some hope with the court cases. i'm just tired of them pushing this. it's time to give it an rest. michael was/is forever innocent.

Yall, it is going to be ok. The difference now also is MJ Estate are WINNING in court over these fools so it is a different ball game compare to when LN came out in 2019. And HBO lost TWICE for the arbrituation. LN was promoted more than the Superbowl so I am not convince most people do not know about LN if they wanted to see it netflix or not. And dave Chappelle who one of the biggest ratings on Netflix talked out those MF in LN which means many people still know about & they can go see it if they want to by now.

This encourages me. Thank you. I felt really down about this yesterday.

This encourages me. Thank you. I felt really down about this yesterday.
Keep your head up. MJ will be fine. When LN came out, I told everyone that trash was going to be taken apart and dissected when many fans even on this board was gloom & doom. And look, LN was taken apart over and over (Dan even lost the rights to that trash, MJ Estate won Twice for the arbitration, Kew media is belly up; more celebs were calling it out- Dave broke the ice, then Snoop Dog and others; radio people are calling it out; James case was DISMISSED even when they were allowed to go forward under the new CA law-which makes James lost even better because it still was viewed as BS under the new law; Wade case is this week- mostly likely the same thing will happen to this jerk; the FEW radio station who removed MJ music now has it back on even heard MJ's music played back in Starbucks last year-Human Nature; etc). So again, MJ will be fine.

fans shouldn't get all work up about this LN mess. we all care about michael but he will be okay. i hope the estate will win the court case next week. next week is my mother birthday and she's a huge michael jackson fan. that would be an wonderful birthday gift to a michael jackson fan. i hope so. fingers cross and prayers.

NatureCriminal7896;4318281 said:
some radio stations still isn't playing MJ. but some just start back playing him not too long ago. this radio station right here been playing michael all this weekend.

https://www.radio.com/wogl/listen#recently-played

I even found out Cogeco (Quebec media company) puts Michael’s playlist back into their radio stations, so I’m removing the company and the province off my list and hope they don’t do that again.

NatureCriminal7896;4318285 said:
fans shouldn't get all work up about this LN mess. we all care about michael but he will be okay. i hope the estate will win the court case next week. next week is my mother birthday and she's a huge michael jackson fan. that would be an wonderful birthday gift to a michael jackson fan. i hope so. fingers cross and prayers.

HBO’s still gonna lose anyways. They’re just losing it already.

Keep your head up. MJ will be fine. When LN came out, I told everyone that trash was going to be taken apart and dissected when many fans even on this board was gloom & doom. And look, LN was taken apart over and over (Dan even lost the rights to that trash, MJ Estate won Twice for the arbitration, Kew media is belly up; more celebs were calling it out- Dave broke the ice, then Snoop Dog and others; radio people are calling it out; James case was DISMISSED even when they were allowed to go forward under the new CA law-which makes James lost even better because it still was viewed as BS under the new law; Wade case is this week- mostly likely the same thing will happen to this jerk; the FEW radio station who removed MJ music now has it back on even heard MJ's music played back in Starbucks last year-Human Nature; etc). So again, MJ will be fine.

What a great attitude. Thank you. I was so bothered about it the other day, I almost cried. When you think about the injustice done to Michael sometimes it can get a bit too much.

Back