CRAZY THEORY ABOUT INVINCIBLE COVER COLORS

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
GUYS! ❗❗❗❗🤯Maybe It's just an coincidence, maybe I'm just obsessed with INVINCIBLE album too much!😵‍💫 BUT LOOK AT THIS! WE HAVE 4 DIFFERENT COLORS OF INVINCIBLE ALBUM COVER! ❗❗❗ATTENTION! ❗❗❗❗RED (FIRST), YELLOW (SECOND), BLUE (THIRD) AND GREEN (FOURTH). FOUR different covers! ☝️Doesn't that remind you of anything?) Exactly! 4 video clips, Michael planned for INVINCIBLE album! Just look, first cover is red - it implifies UNBREAKABLE video, 'cause as we know from leaked description, the video planned to contain FIRE!🔥 Lots of fire with "Scream" vibe! Fire is red! Now let's go to second cover. It's yellow! As we know, Michael planned to make You Rock My World a SECOND single! And we eventually got a video, color palette of which mostly YELLOW! In this video we can see a lot of yellow-orange lights! ☀️Okay. Still don't belive me? Let's go to the next cover. Third cover is BLUE. And what was the 3d song, Michael planned to make a video for? That's right! It was Whatever Happens! Leaked description confirmes, that Michael planned to take a role of an angel from the SKY!🌫️ And the sky is a BLUE!🔵 So, the third cover definately implifies Whatever Happens! And finally the last one! Green cover) That's right, it implifies THREATENED video. But you can ask "Hey, dude, how green color and Threatened song are connected?🤨" The answer is pretty simple- ZOMBIES!🧟‍♂️ As everybody knows, Threatened video planned to have same vibe with THRILLER and GHOSTS VIDEOS! And as we all know, these videos contain ZOMBIES!🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️ SOOOO. My theory is that with these 4 colors, Michael already made a teaser, a hint, that there are 4 legendary videos are coming! Damn... Sad thing, that we eventually got only 1 of them....🥺 And yep. I know, that there is actually 5 colors of cover. Fifth is white.... But, in my opinion, white color implifies the whole INVINCIBLE ALBUM. It's like a generalization of ALL songs. So, what do you think about this theory? Could 4 four different color indeed be Michael's secret message for his fans?
50561.png

P.S Thank you @Hot_Street for throwing me this precious idea) You are the best;)

Gil Cang (co-writer of the 'Whatever Happens' song) revealed in an interview that 'Whatever Happens' was planned as the 4th single from the 'Invincible' album.

Also, it appears that the 5 different colours were purely a marketing ploy from Sony Music in order to increase the sales of that album (because a die-hard fan would buy more than 1 colour of that album, or even all 5 of them).

Unfortunately this is not the case. You don't remember the golden boy story & how mj was painted in gold but Sony scrapped that & digitized a close up of his face

Gil Cang (co-writer of the 'Whatever Happens' song) revealed in an interview that 'Whatever Happens' was planned as the 4th single from the 'Invincible' album.

Also, it appears that the 5 different colours were purely a marketing ploy from Sony Music in order to increase the sales of that album (because a die-hard fan would buy more than 1 colour of that album, or even all 5 of them).
I know, but the point is that 4 colors perfectly implifies 4 videos! As we know 10 singles were planned, 4 of them could get a mini film.... So, maybe it's not just a coincidence

GUYS! ❗❗❗❗🤯Maybe It's just an coincidence, maybe I'm just obsessed with INVINCIBLE album too much!😵‍💫 BUT LOOK AT THIS! WE HAVE 4 DIFFERENT COLORS OF INVINCIBLE ALBUM COVER! ❗❗❗ATTENTION! ❗❗❗❗RED (FIRST), YELLOW (SECOND), BLUE (THIRD) AND GREEN (FOURTH). FOUR different covers! ☝️Doesn't that remind you of anything?) Exactly! 4 video clips, Michael planned for INVINCIBLE album! Just look, first cover is red - it implifies UNBREAKABLE video, 'cause as we know from leaked description, the video planned to contain FIRE!🔥 Lots of fire with "Scream" vibe! Fire is red! Now let's go to second cover. It's yellow! As we know, Michael planned to make You Rock My World a SECOND single! And we eventually got a video, color palette of which mostly YELLOW! In this video we can see a lot of yellow-orange lights! ☀️Okay. Still don't belive me? Let's go to the next cover. Third cover is BLUE. And what was the 3d song, Michael planned to make a video for? That's right! It was Whatever Happens! Leaked description confirmes, that Michael planned to take a role of an angel from the SKY!🌫️ And the sky is a BLUE!🔵 So, the third cover definately implifies Whatever Happens! And finally the last one! Green cover) That's right, it implifies THREATENED video. But you can ask "Hey, dude, how green color and Threatened song are connected?🤨" The answer is pretty simple- ZOMBIES!🧟‍♂️ As everybody knows, Threatened video planned to have same vibe with THRILLER and GHOSTS VIDEOS! And as we all know, these videos contain ZOMBIES!🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️ SOOOO. My theory is that with these 4 colors, Michael already made a teaser, a hint, that there are 4 legendary videos are coming! Damn... Sad thing, that we eventually got only 1 of them....🥺 And yep. I know, that there is actually 5 colors of cover. Fifth is white.... But, in my opinion, white color implifies the whole INVINCIBLE ALBUM. It's like a generalization of ALL songs. So, what do you think about this theory? Could 4 four different color indeed be Michael's secret message for his fans?
50561.png

P.S Thank you @Hot_Street for throwing me this precious idea) You are the best;)
I’ve never seen someone use that many emojis. Wait. I take that back. I’ve seen more. WAY more.

I like your explanation 😀 What does the white cover mean?

There were 5 colors to boost album sales. Expectations were very low, without all the colors the album likely wouldn’t have hit nr 1. Even its nr 1 status couldn’t save the album as it dropped out of the top 40 after a mere month/month and a half.
I remember clearly how surprised I was that the album dropped like a stone the way it did. HIStory stayed in the top 10 for months and was still charting 2 years after release. I could not grasp the drop off with Invincible but it was there for all to see.

Unlike the lack of promotion I blame the spectacularly unspectacular first single release with derivative video. I remember the talk of the people in 2001. It was nothing we haven’t seen before by Michael. We all sat together (my family) for the YRMW video debut and when it finished we all just shrug our shoulders. At school the talk was the same, the song and video was dull. Radio programmers weren’t enthusiastic either, the song was decent but at this point everybody was expecting something huge and not a simply love song dance track.

The difference with HIStory couldn’t be any bigger. The futuristic video and beat of scream, including his wife in his 2nd video, a huge environmental epic video and the brilliantly tribal and original TDCAU with no less than 2 videos. We didn’t get possibly the best video of them all, the one for Smile. I’m a Chaplin fan (who isn’t ?) this would have been fantastic. All videos and songs had highly original concepts.

There were 5 colors to boost album sales. Expectations were very low, without all the colors the album likely wouldn’t have hit nr 1. Even its nr 1 status couldn’t save the album as it dropped out of the top 40 after a mere month/month and a half.
I remember clearly how surprised I was that the album dropped like a stone the way it did. HIStory stayed in the top 10 for months and was still charting 2 years after release. I could not grasp the drop off with Invincible but it was there for all to see.

Unlike the lack of promotion I blame the spectacularly unspectacular first single release with derivative video. I remember the talk of the people in 2001. It was nothing we haven’t seen before by Michael. We all sat together (my family) for the YRMW video debut and when it finished we all just shrug our shoulders. At school the talk was the same, the song and video was dull. Radio programmers weren’t enthusiastic either, the song was decent but at this point everybody was expecting something huge and not a simply love song dance track.

The difference with HIStory couldn’t be any bigger. The futuristic video and beat of scream, including his wife in his 2nd video, a huge environmental epic video and the brilliantly tribal and original TDCAU with no less than 2 videos. We didn’t get possibly the best video of them all, the one for Smile. I’m a Chaplin fan (who isn’t ?) this would have been fantastic. All videos and songs had highly original concepts.
Well, that's all Sony's fault) If they agreed to make everything as Michael planned, Invincible album 100% would become a legend.... We would rewatch Unbreakable video even now! I'm sure it could get billion views on youtube. Same thing about Whatever Happens and Threatened. The truth is that YRMW is actually the weakest video (comparing what planned for other videos) and it's all entirely Sony's fault

Well, that's all Sony's fault) If they agreed to make everything as Michael planned, Invincible album 100% would become a legend.... We would rewatch Unbreakable video even now! I'm sure it could get billion views on youtube. Same thing about Whatever Happens and Threatened. The truth is that YRMW is actually the weakest video (comparing what planned for other videos) and it's all entirely Sony's fault
8m-mLQ9h958.jpg

Unbreakable could become the greatest MJ's video... But thanks to Sony, we lost this masterpiece

Actually, You Are Not Alone was the 3rd video released. Childhood was 2nd

You Rock My World was the worst first single choice period.

You Rock My World was the worst first single choice period.
But why? To me it was the perfect blend of old and current MJ.

I don’t think the album would’ve performed any differently had it been another song. Maybe it would’ve done worse, YRMW is easily the most ‘current’ song from it. I know everyone loves Unbreakable but it always sounded dated and is so long.

I’ll go to war for YRMW.

But why? To me it was the perfect blend of old and current MJ.

I don’t think the album would’ve performed any differently had it been another song. Maybe it would’ve done worse, YRMW is easily the most ‘current’ song from it. I know everyone loves Unbreakable but it always sounded dated and is so long.

I’ll go to war for YRMW.
It's a great song. But it was not right for First choice. Or only choice. Unbreakable first, with a cool video. And YRMW second. That was MJs plan.

It's a great song. But it was not right for First choice. Or only choice. Unbreakable first, with a cool video. And YRMW second. That was MJs plan.
Well…first single choices have never been his strong point.

Thank you. The entire Invincible album lacked direction and ambition. You Rock My World has aged nicely and still gets some play in different places but it's just not that explosive Michael Jackson right hook like a Scream, Black or White. It sounded like Michael Jackson imitating himself. In fact the whole album save for a few gems sounds like a tired Michael Jackson impersonation. I am sorry guys, it is what it is.

It is well known Michael handed off most of the thinking for Invincible to a bunch of younger proteges and I think that's why it lacks the explosiveness of a Michael Jackson album. I just don't think in 2001 he was in the place to be making and releasing music.

As for the film clip, we can all say whatever about what clips he did intend to release (I understand Unbreakable). But really, realy... was Unbreakable a good song? I frankly find it monotonous and repetitive. Maybe a remixed version would have struck a chord with somebody and maybe a holographic Biggie would have been interesting. But outside of that, the best song on the album by a country mile is Whatever Happens and even that doesn't feel like a lead single to me.

Butterflies had some notable chart success in the R and B charts, but even that was mostly Floetry's song. I hate to say it but Michael let himself down with Invincible and I don't think it should have been released.

Now I am hearing around the same time they were contacting Dr Dre to produce for him and Dre turned it down. Talk about mindblowing. Can you imagine a MJ and Dr Dre album? That's the Invincible the world deserved.

I respect that other people have opinions but this just sounds delusional to me. It's like people don't want to admit that Michael laid an egg, and that it just so happened to be his last album.

As for things being Sony's fault, yes they have some blame for the way the album went. They wanted Michael to do away with a lot of the vocal ticks. They wanted to do away with of all the royal regalia he would often wear and have him look more "relatable". But the problem with that is Michael Jackson is not relatable. He's Michael Jackson. Who can relate to someone whose been famous their entire life and lives in a theme park? The aim should never have been to make him relatable. They wanted to make Michael Jackson - an icon - into a contemporary R & B singer of he day, like an Usher or a BabyFace. It makes literally no sense.

So yes, some of that falls on Sony. They did want a more "mainstream" direction for Michael and they picked a middle of the road opening song and then dropped promotion after that. And I maintain the album could have doubled sales with the right promotion. But let's not pretend Invincible is a patch on any of his previous adult albums - it just wasn't. Mike phoned it in.

Thank you. The entire Invincible album lacked direction and ambition. You Rock My World has aged nicely and still gets some play in different places but it's just not that explosive Michael Jackson right hook like a Scream, Black or White. It sounded like Michael Jackson imitating himself. In fact the whole album save for a few gems sounds like a tired Michael Jackson impersonation. I am sorry guys, it is what it is.

It is well known Michael handed off most of the thinking for Invincible to a bunch of younger proteges and I think that's why it lacks the explosiveness of a Michael Jackson album. I just don't think in 2001 he was in the place to be making and releasing music.

As for the film clip, we can all say whatever about what clips he did intend to release (I understand Unbreakable). But really, realy... was Unbreakable a good song? I frankly find it monotonous and repetitive. Maybe a remixed version would have struck a chord with somebody and maybe a holographic Biggie would have been interesting. But outside of that, the best song on the album by a country mile is Whatever Happens and even that doesn't feel like a lead single to me.

Butterflies had some notable chart success in the R and B charts, but even that was mostly Floetry's song. I hate to say it but Michael let himself down with Invincible and I don't think it should have been released.

Now I am hearing around the same time they were contacting Dr Dre to produce for him and Dre turned it down. Talk about mindblowing. Can you imagine a MJ and Dr Dre album? That's the Invincible the world deserved.

I respect that other people have opinions but this just sounds delusional to me. It's like people don't want to admit that Michael laid an egg, and that it just so happened to be his last album.

As for things being Sony's fault, yes they have some blame for the way the album went. They wanted Michael to do away with a lot of the vocal ticks. They wanted to do away with of all the royal regalia he would often wear and have him look more "relatable". But the problem with that is Michael Jackson is not relatable. He's Michael Jackson. Who can relate to someone whose been famous their entire life and lives in a theme park? The aim should never have been to make him relatable. They wanted to make Michael Jackson - an icon - into a contemporary R & B singer of he day, like an Usher or a BabyFace. It makes literally no sense.

So yes, some of that falls on Sony. They did want a more "mainstream" direction for Michael and they picked a middle of the road opening song and then dropped promotion after that. And I maintain the album could have doubled sales with the right promotion. But let's not pretend Invincible is a patch on any of his previous adult albums - it just wasn't. Mike phoned it in.
Well, you can't deny the fact, that most songs from Invincible album are upgraded, improved version of his previous hits:
Unbreakable - improved version of Scream
You Rock My World - improved version of The Way You Make Me Feel
Blue Gangsta - improved version of Smooth Criminal
Cry - improved version of Man In The Mirror
We Have Had Enough - improved version of Earth Song
and so on
Michael just took every famous, successful aspect of his music and made it better) And, in my opinion, that was some kind of prequel for what he was planning for his fans (after Invincible album).... I mean, it's like History book - the first disk contained his the most famous songs (that's what invincible album was about) and the second disk represents new era! new greatest hits, that Michael wanted to give to his fans. And sad thing, we would never see this second part of his greatest plan.... Masterpieces like Beautiful Girl, The Way You Love Me, Hollywood Tonight unfairly were left unfinished...

@Richard76
I respectfully disagree with everything except your last sentence. I 'm sure Michael had one last masterpiece of an album in him. The songs you mentioned (beautiful girl etc) are all world class and we heard many good things about other songs like Dark Lady, Water and Rocker.
It's such a shame it ended with Invincible (imo).

I'm tired of Unbreakable slander.
Don't you ever dare to talk to Unbreakable song like that! You can't just insult this precious song, okay? Yes, this songs is a little bit repetitive, so what? TWYMMF is a repetitive too, but it's MJ's classic, which became a legend and got a video, though Unbreakable is much much better than TWYMMF. It has stronger vocals and more interesting sample!

Back