Create a Michael Jackson Album

Albion

Proud Member
Create a Michael Jackson album. Only rules are the songs cannot have appeared on OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory or Invincible. Songs can be officially released or not. The album can be either for a vinyl release (side a and b 25 mins per side) or for a CD (80 mins). And please give your album a title.

So you talk about non-album tracks?

New Album instead of invincible:
Xscape
Shout
We’ve Had Enough
Break of Dawn
A place with no name
Chicago 1945
Dream away
Blue Gangster
Butterflies
Threataned

Mine would definitely start with Xscape and include A Place With No Name

My album would include some tracks that got thrown on anniversary albums that got buried....sorry but I'm bending the rules for songs that deserved some attention. I'm not including any tracks appearing on the Michael or Xscape albums...HOWEVER I will include alternate versions from songs of those 2 albums. :D

1. Serious Effect
2. Chicago 1945
3. Blue Gangsta (2010 Version)
4. She Got It
5. Buffalo Bill
6. On The Line
7. For All Time
8. We've Had Enough
9. Dream Away
10. She Was Loving Me (Rock Version)
11. Days In Gloucestershire
12. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2010 Version)
13. Shout (title track)
14. Someone Put Your Hand Out

Shout is my title track, I think it's amazing and should have been on Invincible. We've Had Enough is this albums Black Or White, On The Line is amazing, it's uplifting and is this albums anthem song, like Man In the Mirror or Heal The World. For All Time is gorgeous and shouldn't have been buried on T25.

Someone Put Your Hand Out is gorgeous and is a great closer for an album. Serious Effect opens the album, you could swap this out for Shout as opener too, or maybe even Mind Is The Magic.

Before I make my list, can I use demo's? And is below track real or fanmade?

So tracks on anniversary editions can be picked?
I'm going for an LP because CD albums are usually too long imo.
Title: Got the Hots

1. Chicago 1945
2. Nite Line
3. Hot Street
4. Dreams Away
5. Carousel
-
6. She's Trouble
7. Someone in the Dark
8. Sunset Driver
9. Got the Hots
10. Scared of the Moon

Tomboy (June 1989)
In an alternate universe, Bad sold 60 Mil. so Sony wanted a new album ASAP, Michael had so many finished or very near completed songs that he convinced Quincy to finish them with him to release a follow up to the success of Bad.

1. Don't Be Messin' 'Round (1986 Ver. Finished)
2. I'm So Blue ('87)
3. Song Groove (Rewritten, same instrumental)
4. Loving You ('85 Revisted)
5. Tomboy ('85)
6. Crack Kills ('86 Ver)
7. Free ('87)
8. Do You Know Where Your Children Are ('87 Ver Revisted)
9. Throwing Your Life Away ('88)
10. Chicago Nights (C'45 Revisted)
11. Streetwalker ('88 Ver)
13. Price of Fame (Quincy Ver)
14. Fly Away ('86)

Tomboy would introduce a passive aggressive tone, as Bad (to me anyway) is just hard core aggressive. Tomboy would sell 45 Mil copys and would be a success. the singles would be:

1. Don't Be Messin' Round (Late May '89, #1 for 2 weeks)
2. Crack Kills (Aug '89, #2)
3. Loving You (Oct '89, #7)
4. Streetwalker (Dec '89, #1 for 3 weeks)
5. Chicago Nights (Mar '90, #2)
6. Tomboy (Aug '90, #1 for 1 week)

because an album released in 1989, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF, and Invincible would be pushed back 1 or 2 years (Ex. Invincible would be released Late 2002 and Dangerous in 1992 or 93. these albums would also sell much better, with invincible selling 15-25 Mil. and Dangerous and HIStory selling 10-20 Mil more. cementing his place as the true GOAT of music

Don’t really have an idea about a full album but songs like Streetwalker, Sunset Driver and For All Time, Would be really great in the same album

It adds notoriety. Keep the controversial content!
Sorry to tell you, but the song would be heavily criticized and would bring even more tabloid rumor sh*t to deal with

especially in the modern day Roe vs. Wade, honestly the song should've gone viral if someone started a TikTok trend of it or something

Tomboy (June 1989)
In an alternate universe, Bad sold 60 Mil. so Sony wanted a new album ASAP, Michael had so many finished or very near completed songs that he convinced Quincy to finish them with him to release a follow up to the success of Bad.

1. Don't Be Messin' 'Round (1986 Ver. Finished)
2. I'm So Blue ('87)
3. Song Groove (Rewritten, same instrumental)
4. Loving You ('85 Revisted)
5. Tomboy ('85)
6. Crack Kills ('86 Ver)
7. Free ('87)
8. Do You Know Where Your Children Are ('87 Ver Revisted)
9. Throwing Your Life Away ('88)
10. Chicago Nights (C'45 Revisted)
11. Streetwalker ('88 Ver)
13. Price of Fame (Quincy Ver)
14. Fly Away ('86)

Tomboy would introduce a passive aggressive tone, as Bad (to me anyway) is just hard core aggressive. Tomboy would sell 45 Mil copys and would be a success. the singles would be:

1. Don't Be Messin' Round (Late May '89, #1 for 2 weeks)
2. Crack Kills (Aug '89, #2)
3. Loving You (Oct '89, #7)
4. Streetwalker (Dec '89, #1 for 3 weeks)
5. Chicago Nights (Mar '90, #2)
6. Tomboy (Aug '90, #1 for 1 week)

because an album released in 1989, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF, and Invincible would be pushed back 1 or 2 years (Ex. Invincible would be released Late 2002 and Dangerous in 1992 or 93. these albums would also sell much better, with invincible selling 15-25 Mil. and Dangerous and HIStory selling 10-20 Mil more. cementing his place as the true GOAT of music
the Album would also be known as one of Michael's best alongside Thriller and Bad, but Tomboy, Streetwalker, and Chicago Nights would be as well known as songs like PYT, Dirty Diana, and Human Nature. Chicago Nights would be around his 4th or 5th most popular/well known song.

Sadly, Price of Fame, TYLA and DYKWYCA would fade into obscurity and be generally forgotten by the general public and would become hidden gems

2 notable songs from this era are missing, and ill address them here:

Cheater wasn't included due to a few songs already having a similar groove to it (Song Groove and Tomboy) and would still be released in 2004.
SPYHO did not fit at all either, and it too, would be released in 2004 and as a promotion in 1992.

the special edition of Bad would include the 1987 Version of Streetwalker and Al Capone.

Dangerous (the song) would still be created, but it would be a bit more mysterious in tone.

and i'm still thinking what Bad 25 would include if Michael even died here, I say he still does sadly

Last edited:
the Album would also be known as one of Michael's best alongside Thriller and Bad, but Tomboy, Streetwalker, and Chicago Nights would be as well known as songs like PYT, Dirty Diana, and Human Nature. Chicago Nights would be around his 4th or 5th most popular/well known song.

Sadly, Price of Fame, TYLA and DYKWYCA would fade into obscurity and be generally forgotten by the general public and would become hidden gems

2 notable songs from this era are missing, and ill address them here:

Cheater wasn't included due to a few songs already having a similar groove to it (Song Groove and Tomboy) and would still be released in 2004.
SPYHO did not fit at all either, and it too, would be released in 2004 and as a promotion in 1992.

the special edition of Bad would include the 1987 Version of Streetwalker and Al Capone.

Dangerous (the song) would still be created, but it would be a bit more mysterious in tone.

and i'm still thinking what Bad 25 would include if Michael even died here, I say he still does sadly
Bad 25 would have Cheater and Someone Put Your Hand Out, Be Me 4 A Day, Turnin' Me Off, Get Around, and Apocalypse Now. it would also include Hot Fever and the demo of Streetwalker (yes all 3 were released lmao).

It adds notoriety. Keep the controversial content!
I don't even think it's controversial. I'm aware other people see it that way but I really don't. I just think it's a strong lyric. I don't even think it's as strong, in its message, as WBSS. That seems way more hard-hitting. Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you're making and I'm aware of the quote from Michael about the lyrical content of AP. I just mean, it's shame it has to be seen that way. It's a really strong, fabulously interesting lyric, far more interesting than Madonna's Papa Don't Preach even though she's seen as the edgy one not Michael.

I don't even think it's controversial. I'm aware other people see it that way but I really don't. I just think it's a strong lyric. I don't even think it's as strong, in its message, as WBSS. That seems way more hard-hitting. Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you're making and I'm aware of the quote from Michael about the lyrical content of AP. I just mean, it's shame it has to be seen that way. It's a really strong, fabulously interesting lyric, far more interesting than Madonna's Papa Don't Preach even though she's seen as the edgy one not Michael.
Madonna is the 2nd best imo

It's a really strong, fabulously interesting lyric, far more interesting than Madonna's Papa Don't Preach even though she's seen as the edgy one not Michael.
Madonna is edgy, it is her entire act, Michael tried to be edgy in the 90s but he already had his image of being the ideal son in law by then so it didn’t quite work. Everything gets established early on, first impressions are all that remain. Which is why the allegations didn’t ruin him at the time. People simply could not believe he was capable of such acts with children.
Of course this narrative got turned upside down in 2019 because documentaries are always believed. They are very powerful, much more so than interviews or even courts.

Madonna is edgy, it is her entire act
Hm, OK. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. She's explicit, I'll give her that. I don't see her as edgy. She wants to be edgy but I don't think she is. The lyrics for WBSS, for example, are far more challenging, imo, than anything I've ever heard from Madonna. Ditto the lyrics for AP.

I'm biased, of course, bc Madonna bores me so ... I'll just leave it.

Of course this narrative got turned upside down in 2019 because documentaries are always believed. They are very powerful, much more so than interviews or even courts.
The power of tv. It's so depressing.

On topic, if I *was* going to create a Michael album - which I wouldn't bc I'm not a musical genius, I am but a mere pleb - I would start my album with AP and there would be no media nonsense bc this is a fantasy - obviously! - and in my fantasy world my album rules, lol.

I might do a second album inspired by the sound and feel of Whatever Happens bc I think that would be awesome. And then I would do a third album with all the songs kind of slow and jazzy, like the start of TWYMMF. An album of torch songs from Michael makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm breaking all the rules here! I'd better go, lol.

P.S. I want to do a 4th album - this one is a film score but built around Dream Away which is the signature song.

Last edited:
Hm, OK. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. She's explicit, I'll give her that. I don't see her as edgy. She wants to be edgy but I don't think she is. The lyrics for WBSS, for example, are far more challenging, imo, than anything I've ever heard from Madonna. Ditto the lyrics for AP.
isn’t edgy and explicit the same?
I'm biased, of course, bc Madonna bores me so ... I'll just leave it.
you make it look like I’m a massive fan, I’m not 😛
On topic, if I *was* going to create a Michael album - which I wouldn't bc I'm not a musical genius, I am but a mere pleb - I would start my album with AP and there would be no media nonsense bc this is a fantasy - obviously! - and in my fantasy world my album rules, lol.
you’re a pleb , i’m a simple peasant 😄
I might do a second album inspired by the sound and feel of Whatever Happens bc I think that would be awesome. And then I would do a third album with all the songs kind of slow and jazzy, like the start of TWYMMF. An album of torch songs from Michael makes perfect sense to me.
Like that snippet of “for the good times“ he sings for his mother, that would have been awesome!
I think I'm breaking all the rules here! I'd better go, lol.
Get out!
P.S. I want to do a 4th album - this one is a film score but built around Dream Away which is the signature song.
I said GET OUT!

Throwing Your Life Away
Chicago 1945
Dreams Away
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
The Loser
Turning Me Off
Crack Kills
I'm Dreamin'
Hot Fun In The Summertime

Back