Cycle power towards a better place - Cycling For Charity

This is from last year but I found it interesting

Cyclists Love Animals

“Sharing Love with Them” ― China activities 2012

In today's society, caring for animals is often seen as a job solely for “animal lovers” or animal welfare groups. Even when people want to care for animals, they may not know what to do, when in fact, everybody can show their love to animals in their daily life through very simple gestures.

Here we introduce our 2012 Cyclists Love Animals, the second wave of this year’s World Animal Day activities, kicking off in September! We have invited 50 cyclist groups from university students, animal welfare groups and social groups, each composed of 10-30 people, to spread the “love animals” message and collect supporters’ names to protecting animals in their city via this low-carbon and healthy ways of cycling. The event lasts from September to November. Each group can design its own route and date for their bike trip.

Each group needs to complete all missions assigned as below:

■Ride a bike for 8-18km;

■Stop at 8 “hot” places in the city, show our poster to the public and get 888 signatures as well as send out leaflets;

■Take at least 38 photos during their trip by inviting citizens to hold our banner and posters.

■Send these photos to the microblog, letting more people know and join the event.
In addition, all cyclists will carry a poster on their back reading: “Caring for animals, starts with me!” and with seven points of information:

1.Do not eat cats and dogs

2.Be a responsible dog/cat guardian, do not abandon them

3.Never buy any bear bile products

4.Do not hurt animals, if you see any harmful act, stop it

5.Try your best to help stray animals

6.Join or help local animal welfare groups

7.Send out animal protection info through microblogs, qq or other ways.
We offer material support to all the groups with posters, banners and leaflets, and the three best groups will be selected at the end of the events.

Events will take place in multiple cities all across the country, including Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Chengdu, where our Dr Dog and Professor Paws teams are located.
http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=2C3CD8QH1RM

Fans in China.Michaels fans are the best.
Fans in Beijing took Jackson's messages about the environment to the streets. On the first anniversary of Jackson's death, they organized a "green bike march" in the highly polluted city to raise awareness about toxins and encourage the reduction of car emissions. Wearing Jackson T-shirts and sequined gloves, fans biked around the city blasting Jackson's music from boomboxes and carried signs such as the one that proclaimed in Chinese and English, "Protecting the environment starts with yourself -- I Heart MJ".

I've decided to go for my next bike ride. Details below. I have done it before with a team from my old gym and it's a wonderful ride through picturesque villages and you do get a glimpse of the famous Windsor Castle! :D

More to come :yes:

*CLICKY LINK*

- London to Windsor Bike Ride

- Sunday 08 September 2013
Come and enjoy a late Summer's day cycling from Richmond Green to Alexandra Gardens in Windsor.

With the choice of 55 and 37 mile on-road routes or an alternative 29 mile route that is perfect for families, all following leafy lanes through the pretty villages of the Thames Valley.

At the finish you'll find entertainment, food stalls, a beer tent, music and sports massage. Head for the circus big top!

"I felt I had to drop you an e-mail to say thanks for a fantastic morning's cycling from London to Windsor. Great organisation - well marshalled, refreshments and mechanics at the start and finish and excellent signing on the route." S. H.

"We did the London to Windsor last Sunday the first event for my firms team. I must commend all the organisers/marshalls involved as they were fantastic. We dipped a toe in the water with the event to see if we were "up to it". We were so impressed with the organisation and friendly people we will be doing plenty more of your events again. Well done to all involved." C. A.

Well I made it. Thanks to everyone who helped me reach my target.

10456221_10203370225268869_1955074457_n.jpg

Back