Dangerous 30 (speculation on double album) [MERGED]

Re: What would the perfect 30th anniversary release of the Dangerous album look like?

Here is my version of Dangerous 30:

Boxset Bad 25 style:

CD 1: The original Dangerous album

CD2: Demos/outtakes from the Dangerous era

1. Monkey Business
2.Man In Black
3. Never Can Say Goodbye (1989 Decade version)
4. I'll Be There (1989 Decade Version)
5.She Got It
6.Serious Effect
7.Who Is It (1989 Decade version)
8. If You Don't Love Me
9.Joy
10. Someone Put Your Hand Out

DVD/Blu-Ray 1: Concert
Any of the shows below:

-Live at Wembley July 30th
-Live in Tokyo December 14th
-Live in Munich June 27th (even though it contains quite a few mistakes)

DVD/Blu-Ray 2: Spike Lee Documentary about Dangerous (it should be included in the box set):

Should contain unreleased footage, studio footage, e.t.c....

Re: What would the perfect 30th anniversary release of the Dangerous album look like?

What is who is it 1989 and is it finished or a demo?
Were more Motown songs re recorded?
I officially bombard your dangerous30 as the most interesting! lol

I hope Spike Lee doesn't make another doc. I don't need to see talking heads tell me how great mj was. I already know that, I actually want to know about the making of the album.

Rhilo;4288679 said:
Wait...what? Is there confirmation that they'll be doing something for Dangerous 30?

Right? Everyone’s discussing Dangerous 30, and I’m not even done listening to HIStory 25 yet. :laughing::devil:

Re: Dangerous 30 (speculation on double album)

Would they release that much bonus content on an anniversary release? Bad25's bonus content was sparse, though.

Sparse???

6 new songs?

As much new & original content as on the Michael album.

And more never before heard material as on the Xscape album.

I would say the Bad25 bonus content, especially regarding the unreleased songs, was anything but sparse!
And as an anniversary re-release even more so!

Afterwards there were even some fans who said the estate was squandering the unreleased stuff & would have enjoyed some of the songs on a future "new" album of unreleased material instead...
(which I kind of agree with in relation to "Price Of Fame")

The fan reaction to Bad 25 was way to harsh & way exaggerated.
Bad25 is the best estate release in terms of new content definitely.
Then Fans wanted Wembley '88 they got it & whined again because of VHS quality.
Regarding Remixes i agree, they are not needed. But I can live with them if we get all the other good stuff. One can always choose to not listen to them. And i have to admit "Speed Demon Remix" is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Last edited:
Dangerous 30th Anniversary
(my ideal Release)

CD 1: The Original Album in true audiophile Quality (no bad remastering loudness job)
CD 2: Demos for some/maybe all of the 14 album songs
CD 3: All of the already known leftovers/2001 bonus disc (like You Don't Love Me, etc.) , + 4-6 of the as of yet not completely leaked leftovers.
Blu Ray/4K: Dangerous The Short Films
Blu Ray/4K: The Dangerous Tour
Blu Ray/4K: The Dangerous Documentary

And do something with that gorgeous Album Art work:
-Release a HQ really BIG Poster of it
-Animate the whole thing for a Dangerous Online Experience (clicking on different parts of the mask opens different doors/windows, so you can explore this whole thing even more deeply & discover new things. Like a walk through an expanded version of the CD booklet with more Art & more pictures & MORE MAGIC.

Last edited:
MJJuniorSinceMW;4288717 said:
Sparse???

6 new songs?

If measured on the Estates initial plan regarding Bad25s bonus content, the outcome was indeed sparse.

excerpt from the press release (MAY 21 said:
The BAD 25 anniversary deluxe edition will feature three CDs and 1 DVD as follows:

• The highlight of the package is the DVD of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night’s sold out show. This show was one of the record-breaking seven nights played at the venue attended by more than half a million people – three times that many people tried to purchase tickets. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night

• A CD of the re-mastered original BAD album

• A CD containing previously unreleased material recorded in Michael’s personal studio at Hayvenhurst. This material includes early demo versions of songs from the album as well as demos for songs not included on the final album. All of this material is being released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added. In addition, this CD will also include new remixes from internationally renowned DJ/producers

• A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only concert from the BAD Tour known to exist on multitracks

They probably decided it would be stupid to give so much content out on one release, gotta keep the money coming in after we're all dead.

I doubt HIStory or Dangerous will get docus. Those things are only made for legendary albums. Judging from current sales/streams or airplay neither of those are classic albums.

^^

Both albums are incredible and both deserve the recognition... but sadly, I gotta agree.

You could make a case for Dangerous being Michael's last commercial and cultural powerhouse release, because plenty of songs are known and referenced by the general public (e.g., "Heal the World," "Black or White," "Remember the Time"). But it's still leagues behind Bad or Thriller.

And being that Bad 25 under-performed, I highly doubt the Estate/Sony will want to funnel money into an anniversary project that statistically has even a lower possibility of success.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is dump some new songs on streaming services -- bypass a physical release or any concert. It's quick(er) and cheap(er), and provides some insight into how the public will respond to new MJ.

ScreenOrigami;4288712 said:
Right? Everyone’s discussing Dangerous 30, and I’m not even done listening to HIStory 25 yet. :laughing::devil:

:doh: I didn't even now HIStory 25 was out yet.

dethorro;4288693 said:
Here is my version of Dangerous 30:

Boxset Bad 25 style:

CD 1: The original Dangerous album

CD2: Demos/outtakes from the Dangerous era

1. Monkey Business
2.Man In Black
3. Never Can Say Goodbye (1989 Decade version)
4. I'll Be There (1989 Decade Version)

5.She Got It
6.Serious Effect
7.Who Is It (1989 Decade version)
8. If You Don't Love Me
9.Joy
10. Someone Put Your Hand Out

DVD/Blu-Ray 1: Concert
Any of the shows below:

-Live at Wembley July 30th
-Live in Tokyo December 14th
-Live in Munich June 27th (even though it contains quite a few mistakes)

DVD/Blu-Ray 2: Spike Lee Documentary about Dangerous (it should be included in the box set):

Should contain unreleased footage, studio footage, e.t.c....

It makes no sense to create a favourite ‘Dangerous 30’ version with songs that never existed.

Such as, the ‘Never Can Say Goodbye’ and ‘I'll Be There’ songs that Michael Jackson supposedly re-recorded with his adult voice (for the 1989 ‘Decade’ album).

The existence of these two re-recorded songs was just an untrue rumour that has been already dismissed by his close, long-time collaborators (including, Brad Sundberg).

Michael Jackson never re-recorded Motown songs with his adult voice for the 1989 ‘Decade’ album.

He only re-recorded the ‘I'll Be There’ song specifically for the Pepsi Cola commercial (which, of course, has nothing to do with the 1989 ‘Decade’ album).

Also, the ‘Dangerous CD Promo Flight Only’ (that allegedly exists in only ten copies and includes re-recorded Motown songs) is fake, meaning it never existed too.

JichaelMackson;4288696 said:
What is who is it 1989 and is it finished or a demo?
Were more Motown songs re recorded?
I officially bombard your dangerous30 as the most interesting! lol

There are several 1989 early versions (demos) of the ‘Who Is It’ song.

None of these early versions (demos) of the song were called ‘Who Is It’ at that time, but they had other titles (such as, ‘Lying To Myself’, ‘It Doesn’t Seem To Matter’, etc).

mj_frenzy;4288789 said:
It makes no sense to create a favourite ‘Dangerous 30’ version with songs that never existed.

Such as, the ‘Never Can Say Goodbye’ and ‘I'll Be There’ songs that Michael Jackson supposedly re-recorded with his adult voice (for the 1989 ‘Decade’ album).

The existence of these two re-recorded songs was just an untrue rumour that has been already dismissed by his close, long-time collaborators (including, Brad Sundberg).

Michael Jackson never re-recorded Motown songs with his adult voice for the 1989 ‘Decade’ album.

Yeah, Brad said that he can't remember Michael ever recording them.
And while it may be true....it's weird if you think that these songs were meant to appear on the album.

There could be some unreleased demos of these songs recorded at Hayvenhurst...who knows?.

Anyways, if these demos don't exist I would like to hear some demos of the songs that appeared on HIStory (They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song...)

Triumph 40th wouldn't be bad btw.

Please, John&John, if you're reading this, just throw out a 40th Anniversary edition with a few bonus tracks as well as an accompanying dvd "Live at the Forum" (September 26, 1981).:)

*sorry for off-topic*

^I second that! Finally getting to see that Triumph tour in HQ would be awesome.

Yes and one of the early dates where they played "walk right now" please. The 2nd half of that show is pure dance heaven. Rock with you, lovely one, working day and night, don't stop and shake your body. Also the band is funky and it's all in all the best sounding tour they had probably.
I think if people see this many will find it better than the bad tour.

This is hard to say, as we have very little footage from the Triumph Tour, but I think the best shows from the tour were the 2 MSG shows and the Providence show.

The live album was recorded mainly on these 3 nights and it is perfect imo and the outfits on these three shows were, again imo, the best.

MSG:

tumblr_mpc7wpxEMi1s1ulo3o1_500.png

Providence:

tumblr_pnap3vBBU01vu8xy6_1280.jpg

We also have "rolling stone" citing it as one of the 25 essential live shows 1967-1987 (often wonder why the Destiny tour is neglected in this way). Is there any info on why "walk right now" was dropped from the setlist? I wish they'd still included it on the live album.
Those are great pictures btw and I also love the clothing on the Destiny/Triumph tours.

Back