Dangerous or history

Do you like dangerous or history better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Dangerous...by a whisker. I adore HIStory and Stranger In Moscow Is my favourite MJ song of all time. But overall it has to be Dangerous. Great post above this by dmehta, swung it for me to pick it!

Stacey your post made me rethink about this whole topic and I've come to a new conclusion. For me, if i isolate History and look at each track individually, not as part of a whole, I think they edge out Dangerous just by a little bit. I know this is kind of cheating but I consider the songs on Blood On The Dancefloor (minus the title track and superfly sister) to be a part of History as well.

Stranger In Moscow (my favorite MJ track as well),
TDCAU,
2Bad,
Childhood (another favorite of mine),
Earth Song (honestly could be his greatest musical achievement)
Little Susie
Is it Scary
Morphine

As individual songs I think they are better than many songs on Dangerous.. BUT.. but Dangerous as a whole package with the music videos, the order of the songs, the era, the tour and the whole experience makes dangerous a better album too me. The variety in in topics and mood also makes Dangerous a little better to me.

HIStoric

Proud Member
I saw it as the closest he had come to making a concept album. There was structure, honesty and a lottt of anger and sadness at the injustice he had been subjected to.

I would call it a concept album straight-up. The full title of the album is HIStory: Past, Present and Future: Book I.

By having his greatest hits on Disc 1, it allowed him to present 'The Past', his musical story so far, which then evolves into 'The Present' on Disc 2. The album is telling and exploring his story, his history, from his troubled upbringing (Childhood), the influences/people he looks up to heavily (Charlie Chaplin/The Beatles/Martin Luther King/Rosa Parks etc), his dealings with the press (Scream, Tabloid Junkie), racial injustice that he has faced (TDCAU), even successful and savvy business decisions that became a significant part of his legacy (Come Together represents his purchase of the publishing rights to music's most valuable catalogue) and more.

Disc 2 starts with 'Scream', how he was feeling leading up to the album, but ends with a 'Smile', hinting at a positive outlook for The Future. Continuing on the Future concept, the subtitle 'Book I' suggests he isn't finished yet, that he's going to keep making HIStory and there's going to be even more books! All of this is his story, his HIStory.

MJ7801

Proud Member
Hmm... I think Dangerous, although I adore History! Every time I hear any song on Dangerous I'm just blown away. I love history but I fade a little towards the end of the album.
Both contain absolute masterpieces!

Euan

Proud Member
Love them both but Dangerous for me. Gahh its too hard. Ok I'm staying with Dangerous before I go insane!

chris123678

Proud Member
I choose History.
The strength of his vocals are in full force on this album. I love his vocal growth from Thriller to History, it's beyond astonishing.

I think History has more memorable songs, and that's why I choose it. They Don't Really Care About Us, Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Scream, and You Are Not Alone are beautiful and amazing songs that beat anything on Dangerous, in my opinion.
Not to mention, I was not a fan of the Dangerous Tour much, I prefer History alot better.

Danja

Proud Member
If you're asking about the albums, then Dangerous definitely, it is my favourite. Every time I hear/read negative review about it, I immediately get the urge to smash someone's head. :)

Nite Line

Proud Member
Dangerous- Every song is a bop except She Drives Me Wild. And it reaches a very high peak with Will You Be There, Jam, Who Is It. I think that was Michael at his absolute best. History is very good too but it's my least favourite MJ album because the theme is a bit too dark for me although I can understand it was the right kind of album for MJ at that time, considering the circumstances. Also, I feel some of MJ's worst songs in his adult solo career such as This Time Around & Come Together are on this album so I'll easily pick Dangerous over History.

C

ChrisC

Perhaps HIStory.

There's something so powerful about a person who was perceived as Michael was (artistically), singing about being accused of child molestation. The breadth of the artistic shift, so wholly, is just astounding.

MJJuniorSinceMW

Proud Member
Those albums imo are two completely different vehicles.

What ChrisC stated is so true.

But from a purely artistic point of view DANGEROUS imo is the better album/concept.
DANGEROUS maybe is his best album overall.
14 all new songs. 77 min of music. The NJS chamber. The iconic & epic & "only MJ can do" 2nd half of the album. The cover.
The three headed monster, which of course is WII/GITM/WYBT. The Message(s): Jam, WYWTOM, HTW & KTF!
And I could go on & on. You see i love DANGEROUS.
And then this: The DANGEROUS era was a time when everything was still pretty much very fine in the MJ cosmos. The short films. The ad campaign. The Pepsi deal. Dreams. The Tour. Right up until '93 Super Bowl & Oprah interview & Grammy Legend Award.
Dangerous Tour Premier in Munich also was my first ever MJ concert at 11 years old. Still remember it like ist was yesterday. Also his arrival at Munich airport in the Bucharest jacket & those boots with the red heels (OMG) ...

Last edited:

MJJuniorSinceMW

Proud Member
That a DANGEROUS 25 did not happen was the greatest letdown to me.

Estate, i hope you read this.

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
Dangerous by far
Simply because I love all songs of the album

History has some outstanding songs like TDCAU, but also some disappointing songs like Come Together and Smile (I know it was one of MJ's faves)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk