Dangerous "Promo Flight Only" CD / "Decade" Acetate

Let's get this Flight Only Promo CD up on eBay again - I'm ready to pay up for the real deal.

Im pretty certain its the real deal but the person is trying to make as much money out of what they stole as possible with the clause not to leak it online (otherwise he cant resell it to others!) not that anybody who spends $1000s on these songs would want to leak it online for others to get for free anyway!

It would be nice though if these were included in an unreleased/rarity boxset if one is ever released in the future.

Man, I would love to hear ALL the unreleased stuff between Bad and Dangerous. If songs like "Monkey Business" or "She Got It" are any indication ... MJ was really gettin' down in the late 80s!

I wanna hear "Fear" and "Dreams" (if they were recorded) from the HIStory Sessions.

Anyway, I've got word now that the Flight Only Promo is still in the hands of the original owner - and "he plans to hold on to it for the time being" unless a reasonable offer is made.

The highest offer when it was on eBay was 3,500 pounds which he didn't accept, so I have no chance.

The highest offer when it was on eBay was 3,500 pounds which he didn't accept, so I have no chance.

The only way is that several people have to collectively purchase it. The guy wanted $5000 on ebay!

Yeah, that's in pounds too..

I'm gonna contact the owner, and see if they are willing to list it on eBay again. I'd go in with 1 or 2 other people, exclusively but.

If the guy is really looking to sell it and doesn't really want it for it's collectibility, he should sell it ASAP. Sooner or later, those rare songs on there will make it into the public view. Either though some leaked tracks or being officially released on a CD. If that were to happen, his CD would loose almost all of it's value. Now if the guy wants to hang on to it because it's a cool item and he just likes it, then that's ok too.

I think given the right price, he would sell it. I'm interested myself, but I'd go halves with someone or maybe buy it between 3 people exclusively. Anyone interested, PM me.

Last edited:
being officially released on a CD. If that were to happen, his CD would loose almost all of it's value. Now if the guy wants to hang on to it because it's a cool item and he just likes it, then that's ok too.

Ive always hoped that MJ would do that and kill the black market on MJ songs. And he would remaster them too so they'd be better than what the bootleggers have.

Hmmm.. So actual CD acetates exist? I wonder where this has been noted, cause I'd like to read that.. Obviously test "Artwork" has been done, this is where I was unsure (whether actual acetates exist).

This is from Korgnex. There are 2 acetates (1989 & 1990):
  • Come Together (1968) (John Lennon, Paul McCartney)
    Michael Jackson
    Appeared in the movie Moonwalker (1988)
    • "Decade 1979-1989"
      (Test Pressing, 1989)
    • "Decade 1980-1990"
      (Test Pressing, 1990)

Black Or White - Demo (1989) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

• "Decade 1979-1989"
    (Test Pressing, 1989)
  • "Decade 1980-1990"
    (Test Pressing, 1990)

Heal The World - Demo (1989) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

• "Decade 1979-1989"
    (Test Pressing, 1989)
  • "Decade 1980-1990"
    (Test Pressing, 1990)
I'll Be There - Adult Version (1970)
(Bob West, Harold Davies, Willie Hutch, Berry Gordy Jr.)
Michael Jackson
Parts of the newly recorded song were used 1993
in a Pepsi TV Commercial which has been released
on the VHS/DVD Dangerous - The Short Films (1993/2001)

• "Decade 1979-1989"
    (Test Pressing, 1989)
  • "Decade 1980-1990"
    (Test Pressing, 1990)
Never Can Say Goodbye - Adult Version (1971) (Clifton Davis)
Michael Jackson

• "Decade 1979-1989"
    (Test Pressing, 1989)
  • "Decade 1980-1990"
    (Test Pressing, 1990)
Who Is It - Demo (1989) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

• "Decade 1979-1989"
    (Test Pressing, 1989)
Gone Too Soon - Demo (1990) (Buz Kohan, Larry Grossman)
Michael Jackson

• "Decade 1980-1990"
    (Test Pressing, 1990)
Men In Black (1990) (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson

• "Men In Black"
    (Test Pressing, 1990)

Sooo... who owns these DECADE acetates?

I wouldn't be surprised if a collector does..

One more thing - who (besides Michael) produced Men In Black? Was it definately Teddy Riley, or..

are they REAL acetates? or just cd "acetates"s. real acetates are actually on, well, acetate, and are records that would be played on a turn table (and subject to serious wear and tear).

cd "acetates" generally are just CD-Rs which will last better. im hoping they're CD acetates otherwise we may never hear them!

There's a vinyl acetate for Decade: 1979-1989, which was unveiled on the latest issue of Black & White magazine. There were a very few copies pressed. It is also said that the owners of these copies are Walter Yetnikoff, Tommy Mottola and Donald Nancy.

Here's the tracklist from the 1989 acetate:

Billie Jean
Beat It
It Doesn't Really Matter (early version of Who Is It)
The Girl Is Mine
Rock With You
She's Out Of My Life
Thriller
Say Say Say
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana
Heartbreak Hotel

Black Or White
Bad
Come Together
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Heal The World
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Smooth Criminal
Strawberry Fields Forever (unreleased cover of the Beatles song)
Man In The Mirror

Back