Dave Chappelle Slams Michael Jackson Accusers in Netflix Special

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/dave-chappelle-michael-jackson-victims-netflix-1202168810/#respond
Dave Chappelle’s latest Netflix comedy special “Sticks & Stones” is stirring up controversy over a new batch of jokes relating to Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, and the LGBTQ community, among other topics (via USA Today). The stand-up comedian is used to courting backlash over polarizing jokes and comments made during his specials and such is the case when he says he does not believe Michael Jackson accusers Wade Robson and James Safechuck. The two men were the subjects of the HBO documentary “Leaving Neverland,” which detailed Jackson’s alleged child abuse throughout his career.

“I’m going to say something I’m not allowed to say, but I gotta be real: I don’t believe these mother****ers,” Chappelle says during “Sticks & Stones” about Jackson’s alleged victims. The comedian is not as doubtful when it comes to R. Kelly’s accusers, saying, “If I’m a betting man, I’m putting my money on he probably did that shit.”

*full article above (I edited out the rest/non MJ content).

I havent watched his new special yet but I intend to. I applaud Chappelle for speaking his mind and the truth on MJ.
edit: Watched it and its great :)

Last edited:
Robbsaber01;4267099 said:
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/dave-chappelle-michael-jackson-victims-netflix-1202168810/#respond
Dave Chappelle’s latest Netflix comedy special “Sticks & Stones” is stirring up controversy over a new batch of jokes relating to Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, and the LGBTQ community, among other topics (via USA Today). The stand-up comedian is used to courting backlash over polarizing jokes and comments made during his specials and such is the case when he says he does not believe Michael Jackson accusers Wade Robson and James Safechuck. The two men were the subjects of the HBO documentary “Leaving Neverland,” which detailed Jackson’s alleged child abuse throughout his career.

“I’m going to say something I’m not allowed to say, but I gotta be real: I don’t believe these mother****ers,” Chappelle says during “Sticks & Stones” about Jackson’s alleged victims. The comedian is not as doubtful when it comes to R. Kelly’s accusers, saying, “If I’m a betting man, I’m putting my money on he probably did that shit.”

*full article above (I edited out the rest/non MJ content).

I havent watched his new special yet but I intend to. I applaud Chapelle for speaking his mind and the truth on MJ.

Oh yeah! You go Chappelle! Stick it to those backstabbers!

I may have to check out that special.

He is speaking the TRUTH and I think many celebs/people feel the way he do. And if anyone say anything against what he is saying, tell them to explain LIES IN LEAVING NEVERLAND and why did Dan/The media/Oprah did not research and have that info which is COURT DOCUMENTED Depositions, lies caught, lies told, etc. They CAN NOT do it.

Chappelle has been calling out the BS related to this for a long time! During the time of the trial, he made a joke along the lines of "isn't it convenient how every time there's a bunch of stuff in the news they want to take our attention away from, MJ gets accused of molesting someone?" Good to see he's still on the correct side of this.

He is speaking the TRUTH and I think many celebs/people feel the way he do. And if anyone say anything against what he is saying, tell them to explain LIES IN LEAVING NEVERLAND and why did Dan/The media/Oprah did not research and have that info which is COURT DOCUMENTED Depositions, lies caught, lies told, etc. They CAN NOT do it.

I think there is a good reason he left "the business" for over a decade, turning down $$, ending his hit show etc. He tried to explain in an old Oprah interview but she just kept cutting him off/assuming hes "crazy". Dave knows how shady the entertainment business can be. He doesnt stay silent and ride the wave/mass media narrative. He speaks his mind. I was already a fan of him, this is just a bonus. More people need to do what he is doing (Cheryl).

Good on him for having the guts to be honest. The reaction from the media and other self-righteous people on social media when someone doesn't automatically believe the LN s**tshow is just sad. Yes, how dare people not believe the word of two proven liars with absolutely zero evidence. The nerve! :rolleyes:

Good on him for having the guts to be honest. The reaction from the media and other self-righteous people on social media when someone doesn't automatically believe the LN s**tshow is just sad. Yes, how dare people not believe the word of two proven liars with absolutely zero evidence. The nerve! :rolleyes:
Exactly. And I am starting to think some people in the media is relieve to here him say it with excepts of yahoo, the guardian who I think is link to people at HBO. And I LOVE Missy Elliott tonight. Evening her award she said she was glad to get the MICHAEL JACKSON VANGUARD AWARD. love it.

The media dont want the truth to be told they are scared their agaenda is unraveling and theres nothing they can do to stop it!

I just watched the special. The media will say its "controvertial" and TMZ isnt happy with him defending MJ *pretends to be shocked*.
Wade and James arent thrilled either.

Something I love about this is how many of my friends (a lot of which are into the MeToo movement and therefore I thought would have bought all the claims in LN) have talked positively about this special! I was pleasantly surprised.

Something I love about this is how many of my friends (a lot of which are into the MeToo movement and therefore I thought would have bought all the claims in LN) have talked positively about this special! I was pleasantly surprised.

The so called "critics" hate the special but majority of the public loves it. Rotten Tomatoes supports that also.

The so called "critics" hate the special but majority of the public loves it. Rotten Tomatoes supports that also.

Because those critics are using MJ as a "scapegoat" to get the attention off Weinstein. it is so obvious. Weinstein is barely discussed and he has not nomination for the doc done on him. :no:

Because those critics are using MJ as a "scapegoat" to get the attention off Weinstein. it is so obvious. Weinstein is barely discussed and he has not nomination for the doc done on him. :no:
Couldnt agree more. Its clearly obvious at this point to anyone who is paying attention. Weinstein scandal has conveniently been forgotten by the media.

Love Dave "I don't believe these motherfuc*ers" Chappelle for this. Around 2005 he was more ambiguous about the allegations, but imo he still defended Michael even then.

Love Dave "I don't believe these motherfuc*ers" Chappelle for this. Around 2005 he was more ambiguous about the allegations, but imo he still defended Michael even then.
He mentioned MJ in one of his earlier netflix specials also (Before the Leaving Neverland nonsense) he didnt believe the previous allegations either. I think he said something like "They said Mj did all these things but no proof". - Deep in the heart of texas Netflix special

Back