Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

dethorro;4291385 said:
Tomboy has around 95 bpm.

(Btw I think that’s a lawyer not the judge, although I might be wrong.)

There's 3 or 4 members here including you that know a lot about unreleased music. How did that happen ?

I'd love it if you'd tease us with titles which you would label "killer" tracks :p

After watching MJ rattle off all those song titles in a short time just makes me want to hear some of those tracks. That was 93 imagine how many other songs there are out and about.

We know Tomboy has Roger Troutman on it. That's been confirmed.

We know Tomboy has Roger Troutman on it. That's been confirmed.

Correct. That was his "emergency":D

101842_0.jpg

I'd have to think Buffalo Bill, Tomboy, and What You Do To Me are close to completion. Same with Chicago 1945.

I'd have to think Buffalo Bill, Tomboy, and What You Do To Me are close to completion. Same with Chicago 1945.

"Chicago 1945" is finished and ready to go.

John Barnes has stated that Michael only sang the chorus of "Buffalo Bill," and that there's probably a "guide vocal on the original master." Of course, since we're dealing with Michael Jackson here, "guide vocal" has a pretty broad range -- anything from "Don't Be Messin' 'Round" to "Beautiful Girl" to "Free."

Damien Shields gave "Tomboy" a positive review, but hasn't commented on its completion.

Absolutely no idea what the status of "What You Do to Me" is, other than that Michael shelved it just as quickly as he wrote/recorded it.

"Chicago 1945" is finished and ready to go.

John Barnes has stated that Michael only sang the chorus of "Buffalo Bill," and that there's probably a "guide vocal on the original master." Of course, since we're dealing with Michael Jackson here, "guide vocal" has a pretty broad range -- anything from "Don't Be Messin' 'Round" to "Beautiful Girl" to "Free."

Damien Shields gave "Tomboy" a positive review, but hasn't commented on its completion.

Absolutely no idea what the status of "What You Do to Me" is, other than that Michael shelved it just as quickly as he wrote/recorded it.

Have to think Buffalo Bill is much more finished than what you suggest. IIRC, John Barnes even said in the MJ cast interview that they just about finished that up the same day they started it. I believe it was worked on further than that as well in other sessions. Then you have the Rolling Stone interview with Frank Dileo back in 1984 suggesting it was a dance track. MJ even had a photo session at Bill Cody's grave in 1984. I think it's very close to being complete.

What You Do To Me is probably in the same state as the other songs released on BAD25. A demo but close to finished. I believe MJ even brought it back in the Invincible sessions again.

Have to think Buffalo Bill is much more finished than what you suggest. IIRC, John Barnes even said in the MJ cast interview that they just about finished that up the same day they started it. I believe it was worked on further than that as well in other sessions. Then you have the Rolling Stone interview with Frank Dileo back in 1984 suggesting it was a dance track. MJ even had a photo session at Bill Cody's grave in 1984. I think it's very close to being complete.

Admittedly I hadn't listened to the entire John Barnes MJ Cast interview, so that's good to know! He did say this some years ago, so perhaps it was just a mistake on his part. Thanks for the correction!

Admittedly I hadn't listened to the entire John Barnes MJ Cast interview, so that's good to know! He did say this some years ago, so perhaps it was just a mistake on his part. Thanks for the correction!

Yes, he mentioned Buffalo Bill. Said it was the first song they worked on. Got it done in about 6 hours. It sounds like a typical MJ R&B dance track. Still needs some finishing touches but is very close to done.

Forgot to also mention the 1983/4 private home video with LaToya at Hayvenhurst. MJ mentions Buffalo Bill being a hit. So there's too much info that suggests this is just about done.

You might be thinking of Make or Break? That wasn't complete, but had the makings of something special. Just never got around to finishing that. Barnes wished they went back to that one.

Have to think Chicago 1945 is one of the best songs in the vault. Everything MJ worked on with Porcaro was brilliant. The lucky people who heard it at the Seminar a couple years back said it sounded great. It needs to be released.

Have to think Chicago 1945 is one of the best songs in the vault. Everything MJ worked on with Porcaro was brilliant. The lucky people who heard it at the Seminar a couple years back said it sounded great. It needs to be released.

Was it the same song Michael revisited during the invincible sessions with Rodney Jerkins? Did he record new vocals on it?

There's 3 or 4 members here including you that know a lot about unreleased music. How did that happen ?

I simply like to do a lot of research! Like a detective lol

I'd love it if you'd tease us with titles which you would label "killer" tracks :p

You'll have to ask travis3000 that. He knows way more than I do and he has heard some 2005-09 tracks.
However, if I could guess I'd say that Throwing Your Life Away is a killer track.

However, if I could guess I'd say that Throwing Your Life Away is a killer track.
Real talk, this is one of the unheard songs I wish is not unheard to my ears, besides Seven Digits and Tomboy! Listening to that brief clip leaked of the song, it sounds like a bop, seriously!

Correct. That was his "emergency":D

101842_0.jpg

Lol. What's funny about this to me is that the guitar playing on this song is very reminiscent of the way Prince played guitar on his funky tracks.

I also think that guitar riff has the same feel as the guitar riff for "Bad" the song.

I simply like to do a lot of research! Like a detective lol

You'll have to ask travis3000 that. He knows way more than I do and he has heard some 2005-09 tracks.

I already have lol :p
He named "rocker", "water" and "adore you" as very promising tracks, though none of those was vocally complete :-(

Themidwestcowboy;4291233 said:
Welcome Jake! Hopefully we'll get something new sooner than later.
thank you, i want a fan when xscape as released I wish I was I can imagine all the hype. I think it’s been 6 years an I know they want to conserve there content but a song now is a good idea in my opinion

*bumping this old thread*

@travis3000:

Travis, do you have any info on the date of the mix of 'Chicago 1945' you've heard? Was it a post 2004 mix?

Lots of misinformation on this thread. I will add what I know, since it's being talked about publicly in here.

-Rocker
-Water
-Monster
-Adore You
-Remember What I Told You
-Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
-The Toy
-Chicago 1945
-Throwing Your Life Away
-Changes
-Neverland Landing
-Peter Pan
-Make A Wish
-Buffalo Bill

All of these songs exist and are in various stages of completion. They all have at least SOME vocals. I have personally heard them in their entirety and can verify they are 100% legit. I can only hope they are one day released. There are many others, but I can only comment on the songs I've heard with my own ears.

Welp, what I believe is a full version of “throwing your life away” has been leaked. It’s low quality. At least now we know it really does exist.

I'm confused, but was this demo ever confirmed to be real? It sounds like a real song from Dangerous, and the vocals definitely, to me, sound like Michael. It's hard to tell because he isn't using his full singing voice. People have said that it is a fake, but I can't see it that way.

I'm confused, but was this demo ever confirmed to be real? It sounds like a real song from Dangerous, and the vocals definitely, to me, sound like Michael. It's hard to tell because he isn't using his full singing voice. People have said that it is a fake, but I can't see it that way.

Sounds like a really rough demo. Would this have been a Bryan Loren track?

SRT99;4295498 said:
[video=youtube;WupKNRMXu2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WupKNRMXu2s[/video]

It’s a fake fan made track

Rocketeer;4295547 said:
It’s a fake fan made track

Yes, it's a fake. A real "Bottle of smoke" -very incomplete demo from 1990- has been reported to exist, though.
[video=youtube;oexp6b0Yocg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oexp6b0Yocg[/video]

^They added audio from the Mystery TV commercial I think.

I don't know where to begin on this subject. Unreleased MJ music has always been intriguing to me, but the way the releases since MJ's passing went, the subject almost caues more stress than joy.

Here's a list I've compiled of songs, while at work, that are not released, and that we know for sure exist because we actually have heard them in either full) snippet) low quality).

Starlight
There Must Be More To Life Than This
State Of Shock (W Freddie)
Hotstreet/Slapstick
Nite Line
She's Trouble
Don't Matter To Me (not the butchered version we got)
The Girl Is Mine Demo
Deep in The Night
Groove Of Midnight
Throwin' Your Life Away
Speed Demon Demo
Earth Song Demo (80s demo)
Someone Put Your Hand Out Demo
Ghost of Another Lover
Jane Is A Groupie
7 Digits
Don't Believe It (Not 100% confirmed this is the song we've heard in the snippet from Shana)
Men In Black
Serious Effect
She Got It
If You Don't Love Me
Work That Body
Happy Birthday Lisa
Faces
We Be Ballin'
Family Thing
Elizabeth, I Love You
Seeing Voices
Days in Gloucestershire
People Of The World
Hollywood Tonight Demo
I Am (Was) A Loser
Can't Get Your Weigh Off Of Me
What More Can I Give (Solo)

I am sure I've missed some.

As far as I know, none of the above have been officially released. Now, these are all songs we know exist due to either having them in full or in snippets! I included demos of already released "final" songs that include different lyrics and different music. There are mixes/different cuts of many of the songs above which I have not included.

Now, there are tons of other songs that exist as well from each era, in which the general public (most of us) have not heard before as in:
fully unheard songs, demos, different versions/mixes, etc. Like SPYHA demo, Speed Demon demo, Starlight Demo - demos of already released songs, yet totally different to the released. And re-worked songs as well from an era to new.

We know those songs exist based upon confirmations from people who either worked on the songs, or from a few selected fans/people who have listened to them. And of course, from even Michael himself in various interviews/depositions/books, etc. Tons of titles and demos out there. Tons. Ready to release-tracks, just dug up this-tracks, never made it-tracks, incomplete-tracks, etc.

I cringe when I see people assuming there are little to no materal left for release in MJ's music world. It's simply not true. If you expect full recorded song with 2-3 verses and a chorus for every single next unreleased songs, then maybe you are right. But this is not a must in my opinion - at all.

My list of 34 tracks is only what has leaked that we know for sure exist. There were even more, but over the years, a lot of "leaked" music was released on The Ultimate Collection, re-issues, Michael album, Bad 25 and Xscape. Also songs like Mind Is The Magic and All In Your Name were released by the other involved artists. Probably forgot a few here as well.

We don't need a new album every year with 10 unheard songs before. An album with f. example 3 never before heard tracks, and the rest being either leaked before or alt. demos that sound different, would be interesting enough to me. There is no more the need to cave into the mainstream anymore. The releases should be treated and carved for the fans now. MJ has been gone since 2009 and I hate to remind myself of this. Show us the work in progress. Show us how this and that worked.

For example, one can argue that there is no point in releasing Faces which is basically a speech from MJ with a dope ass beat. But why not? It was his work and it is interesting. What's the matter with releasing a CD with the song included and the producers of the song talking about it, either in writing or in audio? This is just an example. Make something out of every thing.

There are endless of ideas and ways to how one can keep on releasing MJ music for years to come without putting it all out in one album.

Feel free to disagree, or help out with the list. In my opinion, there is MJ material enough for at least 100 more years of release if it's done right. Not only music, but footage as well. Only problem is that all people who worked with MJ in his life are getting older and older. 30-40 years from now, none of them will be around most likely. So certain projects should be done before others if you get my drift. Other problem is that the people responsible for the releases are complete and utter incompetent, undeserving and unfitting for the job.

Last edited:
^Couldn't agree more. The Estate are obsessed with trying to make MJ something he is not. I don't mind remixes but stuff like that should not be the main focus and replace MJ's art.

Last edited:
We don't need a new album every year with 10 unheard songs before. An album with f. example 3 never before heard tracks, and the rest being either leaked before or alt. demos that sound different, would be interesting enough to me. There is no more the need to cave into the mainstream anymore. The releases should be treated and carved for the fans now. MJ has been gone since 2009 and I hate to remind myself of this. Show us the work in progress. Show us how this and that worked.

For example, one can argue that there is no point in releasing Faces which is basically a speech from MJ with a dope ass beat. But why not? It was his work and it is interesting. What's the matter with releasing a CD with the song included and the producers of the song talking about it, either in writing or in audio? This is just an example. Make something out of every thing.

Yeah I agree. I've said it before actually.

I liken it to great painters. When preparatory sketches or design ideas are found by Renoir or Van Gogh or Constable or Matisse, they are considered prized works. They sell for fortunes. They are studied in art and design schools the world over.

They aren't hidden away, played down, or even have their existence all out denied. They are cherished as fascinating insights into the workings of a genius artist.

And no, nobody tries to finish them off by giving them holographic makeovers or interactive VR nonsense.

Back