Did Michael have a lisp?

Total side note... You know someone stole my money... For This Is It , I had a 'friend' also buying tickets and for whatever reason his was going through and mine wasn't.. So I told him to buy mine and my wifes (than girlfriend) ticket and I'll give him the money.. All was good, got the ticket confirmation and all.. Once Mike died, he got reimbursed and never gave me my money back.. that was something like $1,300... I still think about it!

Everything you said, plus it must've been nice for MJ to see all those tickets get snapped up for all 50 shows.I remember Randy Phillips saying that MJ cried on the phone when he told him about the publics response to the tickets. I think MJ's confidence as a performer and as a public figure was severely knocked after Bashir/2005 trial etc.
I agree with the bolded SO much.
After all that he had been through, and all of the dehumanizing disgusting shit said about him those tickets selling out at record speed must have given him some reassurance that he was still the King and that he was still loved, or at least I hope it did.
I get a bit emotional talking about this kind of stuff sometimes.:(
Overall though, I like to think he passed away knowing he was still loved.:yes:

After all that he had been through, and all of the dehumanizing disgusting shit said about him those tickets selling out at record speed must have given him some reassurance that he was still the King and that he was still loved, or at least I hope it did.

totally agree. i'm sure he knew how much we loved him and that we will love him forever.

It definitely must've been something. Like that time in 2006(?) when he snuck into a club and people watched, and the DJ (unaware Michael was up above, watching) started blasting Billie Jean. Michael was surprised, he didn't know people still played his 25 year old music, let alone still enjoyed it!

And then to come back in 2009, before having announced anything, to walk on stage to a huge crowd of swarming fans... this isn't even a performance mind you this is just him coming to talk for a few minutes. I really like to think he knew he was still loved greatly in his final few years.

It's funny to think how some acts might struggle to fill a venue like the 02 just once. Michael did it earth-shatteringly fast, FIFTY times over. And even then left thousands disappointed.

A king.

^ Over a million... Over a million were still wanting tickets when it sold out.. enough to sell 50 more shows.

In 2001 & 2002 it was at it's worst. Generally IMHO it was the time when he looked most unhealthy.
The lisp or whatever that was came from a stiff or numb upper lip. He couldn't smile really. And his talking & singing maybe wasn't as before.
It was a botox injection gone wrong imo.
To me it was the the reason he did not clearly show his face for much of the YRMW short film.

Not only was it back to normal in 2009. It was already good again in 2005. He looked better and healthier during the difficult trial times then in '01/'02.

Back