Did Michael like to cook?

Short answer: Nope!

Long Answer: Hellllllllllll no!!!!!!

How do you know?

I remember Paris said Michael made the best breakfast in the world and one of the bodyguards said Michael was just a normal dad making the kids sandwiches and things. There was also someone else close to Michael, though I don't remember who it was, who when asked what was the most surprising thing about Michael said "he could cook". I don't think he was a master chef or anything but still :p

I don't believe he was a cooking enthusiast, but on occasion may have cooked out of necessity especially in the last years.

As a hands-on dad, however, it's quite plausible that he got satisfaction/enjoyment out of preparing meals for his kids.

I think he liked to do it for the kids, but before he had them? Not so much. I live alone, and I can't be arsed to cook up a storm for myself, and I know a lot of people who live alone feel the same way. I don't do shit all day long, and still, the last thing I want to do is cook for myself. He was a hard working man, and I think cooking was the last thing on his mind. I do love to cook for others, and if I had kids myself, I would definitely enjoy cooking for them a lot more than just for myself

I think he liked to do it for the kids, but before he had them? Not so much. I live alone, and I can't be arsed to cook up a storm for myself, and I know a lot of people who live alone feel the same way. I don't do shit all day long, and still, the last thing I want to do is cook for myself. He was a hard working man, and I think cooking was the last thing on his mind. I do love to cook for others, and if I had kids myself, I would definitely enjoy cooking for them a lot more than just for myself

That's what I was thinking as well. After all, he had a personal chef at Neverland didn't he? Can't see him cooking much if he has a professional doing it personally for him everyday.

That's what I was thinking as well. After all, he had a personal chef at Neverland didn't he? Can't see him cooking much if he has a professional doing it personally for him everyday.
They had chefs going back to the early Hayvenhurst days, so I can't picture any of them learning how to cook. :)
Those pix of him and LaToya in NYC during the Wiz looks like she knew how to make oatmeal and coffee. haha

But I'm sure he was making food for the kids and really enjoying it.

How do you know?

I remember Paris said Michael made the best breakfast in the world and one of the bodyguards said Michael was just a normal dad making the kids sandwiches and things. There was also someone else close to Michael, though I don't remember who it was, who when asked what was the most surprising thing about Michael said "he could cook". I don't think he was a master chef or anything but still :p

What do you think he hired a chef and then later a nanny for? To help tune is dance steps? :popcorn:

What do you think he hired a chef and then later a nanny for? To help tune is dance steps? :popcorn:

the nanny was to be there to take care of the kids when he couldn't. like when he had to work. but he liked doing those every day things for them himself

I have the feeling, when he was growing up, it was a traditional set up, where Katherine and his sisters did the cooking and the boys did not, also if Michael and his brothers were rehearsing or performing, that left little time for cooking. Then when they lived at Hayvenhurst I have a feeling they had cooks and staff and sometimes Katherine did the cooking too. By the time he was in Neverland, Michael's staff would have handled that. Years ago I found a video tour of Neverland and a rather big lady mentioned she was Michael's cook and how Mr Jackson would only prepare snack food like scrambled eggs, hot dogs and basic meals at times, anything complex was handled by Neverland staff.

My guess is that MJ was so busy with music, tours, travel and being a big star, he did not have time to be an epicurean. Surprised he liked KFC as I thought he was a vegatarian who had a healthy and strict diet and apparently he was strict with his kids, ensuring they did not eat rubbish. Something that has not held as Prince Michael is starting to look very chubby around the face, yet he never did when Michael was alive. All the books and reports say that, even when MJ was feeling rock bottom he had complete control and common sense over their lives.

From information gleaned through the year's, I'd say Michael had the chefs more for company than for his own needs. Remember Michael did hang out with the McCartney's for awhile in their private home and Linda was famous for getting folks involved in cooking with her. Which led to her creating cookbooks for vegetarians. Michael would have learned to be involved with the cooking aspect while visiting with the McCartney's. We know he helped in washing the dishes because of the famous photograph that Linda took of Paul and Michael.

We know he had chef's while touring and while rehearsing for "This Is It." Michael was known for being a hands on Dad and that, for me, would include cooking and preparing meals for his children!

5a44d5513e4935735b00739a675b8605.jpg

It's quite funny that Prince thought his dad invented French toast with "daddy bread." :lol:
The kids must have really loved french toast, since they've mentioned it several times now in different interviews. Cute.

Makes me think about those private home movies that got out last year and you see Prince watching Michael cook-and he said "Mmmm-spaghetti" and then Michael says "NASTY spaghetti" and Prince's eyes get big.

I thought at the time that maybe Michael just didn't like spaghetti, but now I'm thinking he did a bad job of making it, like I do. I make the world's worst spaghetti.

Back