Did the Estate plan to release the Triumph Tour in 2010?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Jacksons - Workin' Day And Night (Triumph Tour 1981) &#128588; <a href="https://t.co/ibBRncAgBw">pic.twitter.com/ibBRncAgBw</a></p>&mdash; &#120297;&#120310;&#120304;&#120321;&#120316;&#120319; &#9889;&#65039; (@Flaazh_) <a href="https://twitter.com/Flaazh_/status/1239655537844854785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All The Estate has done through the years is tease us with the documentaries. They know that every rare footage they include in them is what we want, so why just not release all of itĀ”!?!

Just listen and watch that "working day and night" clip and try to convince me this wasn't MJ's best period as a vocalist/live act... Which lasted from 1979 till 1981. I still rate the Victory/Bad tours very highly but the Destiny/Triumph tours are the absolute peak imo. He sounds almost exactly like he sounds on the albums..., smaller venues and stages, MJ acting natural en fun and loose. No overacting during performances, no long pauzes to stir up the crowd, no larger than life image and a PERFECT life band which is actually visible and SUPERB backing vocals from the brothers.

I'd love to see live footage of the going places/the Jacksons tours 1977/1978 (I think he was already peaking right there but I want it confirmed). All I've seen so far are the Musikladen performances which are just fabulous.

Just listen and watch that "working day and night" clip and try to convince me this wasn't MJ's best period as a vocalist/live act...

This is what I've been ALWAYS saying. But no, some of you still insist that the History tour had the best show/dance/performance. LOL

Just listen and watch that "working day and night" clip and try to convince me this wasn't MJ's best period as a vocalist/live act... Which lasted from 1979 till 1981. I still rate the Victory/Bad tours very highly but the Destiny/Triumph tours are the absolute peak imo. He sounds almost exactly like he sounds on the albums..., smaller venues and stages, MJ acting natural en fun and loose. No overacting during performances, no long pauzes to stir up the crowd, no larger than life image and a PERFECT life band which is actually visible and SUPERB backing vocals from the brothers.

Never liked the whole "sounds exactly like the album" which is why i disliked most of the HIStory tour, the live performances had a unique sound, since they were limited by the equipment they could bring, having to breakdown the horns in "Can You Feel It" to simply 3 gives it a unique sound. The simple theatrics in comparison to the ones in later shows are something to appreciate, experimenting with pyro-technics & magic & making it believable (I still think Victory is the best with those, mixing them in with the storyline they had going was cool as hell.)

In terms of stage pauses, that's always been a thing, the long wait for the first song (which wasn't present in the Destiny Tour) & the ending to "Don't Stop" is an example of that.

JichaelMackson said:
I'd love to see live footage of the going places/the Jacksons tours 1977/1978All I've seen so far are the Musikladen performances which are just fabulous.

Oh for sure! That Musikladen performance is incredible, would take more of that than more of HIStory imo.

Never liked the whole "sounds exactly like the album" which is why i disliked most of the HIStory tour, the live performances had a unique sound, since they were limited by the equipment they could bring, having to breakdown the horns in "Can You Feel It" to simply 3 gives it a unique sound. The simple theatrics in comparison to the ones in later shows are something to appreciate, experimenting with pyro-technics & magic & making it believable (I still think Victory is the best with those, mixing them in with the storyline they had going was cool as hell.)

In terms of stage pauses, that's always been a thing, the long wait for the first song (which wasn't present in the Destiny Tour) & the ending to "Don't Stop" is an example of that.

Oh for sure! That Musikladen performance is incredible, would take more of that than more of HIStory imo.

I purely mean vocally, the tone of his voice is exactly like on the album, he doesn't have to sing it like on the album note per note, absolutely not in fact, for example I love how he is replicating the guitar with his voice in the beginning of the clip. He sounds very clear on the clip, not strained. I love it. It's just very spontaneous while in his later career everything is mechanic and rehearsed to the second with no room for venturing off.
As for the pauzes, they are cool if they're not overdone, during the 90s they were overdone. Basically everything was overdone on the Dangerous/HIStory shows. Never understood the bigger is better mentality.

Rumor is Mj had at least 1 show completely shot on film (chicago) but shelved it.

Source? I don't believe that they refuse to make some good money. Did you know that a Victory tour Laserdisc was going to be released? Michael was the one who refused.

v1.jpg
v2.jpg

Probably because he didn't want to do the tour anyway. ugh.... Michael. why? but i respect his decision. maybe someone can make the victory tour HQ and have a great copy somewhere. I know it exist either fans are scare by the estate to release it or they just holding on to it.

we all gonna die someday. fans really shouldn't hold on to things like this.

Hulkamaniac;4283795 said:
All The Estate has done through the years is tease us with the documentaries. They know that every rare footage they include in them is what we want, so why just not release all of itĀ”!?!

I don't get it either.

yeah since according to the estate Mjs storage is "sporadic" who knows what is left in tact. I think if Mjs family, especially his kids were involved in releases we would be better off...

I wish they would hire me to sort.... man they are LAZY

I think the reason why things are so misplace is the fact he didn't want anyone in the family to have anything that was his. he knew that if his family got a hold to it they would make money off it. and that what Michael didn't want and he was right.

though he should of had let his kids have it expect he left us before he could of do any of that. also his kids was young at the time. everything happen too fast he couldn't do all of that.

so I wouldn't blame the estate for everything. though i agree they need to step up they game some.

That doesn't look like a film camera. I could be wrong.
You can see Patrick Kelly at the end of Toronto also. The film they are talking about is just stage/crowd closeup shots imo. If Patrick kelly did confirm LA 84 is on film then all the more reason to release it. This was the biggest selling tour at the time.

To answer the question in this thread.

I do not think the estate planed to release Triumph back in 2010.

I really do hope I'm wrong though. - Cause if they considered it, that means they have the concert in good quality - both picture and audio wise.

Hulkamaniac;4283795 said:

It's beyond stupidity at this point. Let's show the fans we've got Bad film reels, concert film reels, then lie and say we've got nothing worth releasing so here's a multitrack VHS so we can cash in on a a concert CD too.

Absolutely baffling.

Source? I don't believe that they refuse to make some good money. Did you know that a Victory tour Laserdisc was going to be released? Michael was the one who refused.

v1.jpg
v2.jpg

The Victory Tour Laserdisc contains the Kansas City concert by the way. Source is the final Black&White Tribute edition which was published after MichaelĀ“s passing.

Last edited:
Not to tease us, the old fans .. to preview what new fans would be getting if they become a fan. ...and when the new fan does't get it , they wait. they hold on. "just in case because this artist is cool to me anyway"
Feels that way at least.

Why would they release it, half the fans are not interested in anything with the name Jacksons tagged on it. Michaelā€™s career started with Thriller is my conclusion after spending a couple of years on this forum.

Why would they release it, half the fans are not interested in anything with the name Jacksons tagged on it. Michaelā€™s career started with Thriller is my conclusion after spending a couple of years on this forum.
I'd say that after the J5 years, Triumph is probably the truest and rawest showcase of MJ as a live performer since all his solo tours had him struggling vocally after years on the road and being more of a spectacle, really gimmicky. Triumph is the middle ground: the band was the tighest, OTW was already out so it's not just Jacksons material and his vocals at that point were off the charts, much like his energy.

It's the best pick for a live release intended to demonstrate his powers onstage. Anything after that has issues in some degree.

Even though MJ was against the tour and had that major rift with Don King and his brothers , he was at his ultimate peak vocally live. I would gladly pay for this
Aren't you referring to Victory though?

I'd say that after the J5 years, Triumph is probably the truest and rawest showcase of MJ as a live performer since all his solo tours had him struggling vocally after years on the road and being more of a spectacle, really gimmicky. Triumph is the middle ground: the band was the tighest, OTW was already out so it's not just Jacksons material and his vocals at that point were off the charts, much like his energy.

It's the best pick for a live release intended to demonstrate his powers onstage. Anything after that has issues in some degree.
Tell that to the pro lip syncing fans of the Dangerous and HIStory tour.

The Victory Tour Laserdisc contains the Kansas City concert by the way. Source is the final Black&White Tribute edition which was published after MichaelĀ“s passing.

interesting one of the first 3 shows would be released.....didn't the brothers try to record and Michael blocked them, only for him to bring in an entire film crew? I'd expect a later show to be filmed for release due to them being more comfortable with the cues on stage by then....it was also supposed to be released under Joe's company

I think this magazine might be wrong. I remember comparing the official VEVO video of TPH to every single footage of the song in 84 we have and none of them were a match.

Tell that to the pro lip syncing fans of the Dangerous and HIStory tour.
People aren't pro lip-syncing, we enjoy the obviously adept dancing and accept the concession that he wasn't Beyonce, dancing and singing at the same time beyond 40 years old. And we aren't going to suddenly decide he's entirely talentless just cause he wants to sound good.

People aren't pro lip-syncing, we enjoy the obviously adept dancing and accept the concession that he wasn't Beyonce, dancing and singing at the same time beyond 40 years old. And we aren't going to suddenly decide he's entirely talentless just cause he wants to sound good.
This is always funny because Beyonce literally lip-syncs to pre recorded songs but her fans are always in denial that this happens but when you show them proof, first thing they say is "well we all know she can sing anyway" or "well she's dancing hard for 2.5 hours!!!!"

This is always funny because Beyonce literally lip-syncs to pre recorded songs but her fans are always in denial that this happens but when you show them proof, first thing they say is "well we all know she can sing anyway" or "well she's dancing hard for 2.5 hours!!!!"
That's even better then lol.

I was wondering why my posts from this thread were getting likes again lol, can't believe it's been so long.

And too many people get it twisted, Bad is still the prime.
Absolutely his prime as a solo artist, a wonderful mix of incredible singing, dancing, and stage spectacle. Praying one day, an early U.S. show leaks in pro quality so we can get what'd probably be a definitive concert of the '88 leg.

From my understanding, that magazine didn't have the most accurate of sources & some of the things they published were straight up wrong. What MJbr2 said is correct, it's been compared to multiple different shows & not a single one of them matched up.
interesting one of the first 3 shows would be released.....didn't the brothers try to record and Michael blocked them, only for him to bring in an entire film crew? I'd expect a later show to be filmed for release due to them being more comfortable with the cues on stage by then....it was also supposed to be released under Joe's company
I believe Michael basically brought his own filming crew, while the brothers were forced to bring their own, much smaller crew which is what they would've used for footage.

Back