Did the Estate plan to release the Triumph Tour in 2010?

It might be a bit tricky since WRN was there for the first month of Triumph and there's no evidence any footage from early shows still exists.
Memphis 1981 (the first night of the tour) still exists, but the owner of the tape is extremely secretive. I got a couple glimpses of more stuff relating to Memphis '81 (alongside even more unreleased Destiny Tour / Triumph Tour shows, some of which were from the first month of shows) years ago, but i gave up on MJ stuff about two to three years ago (now I'm just a casual fan these days).

Memphis 1981 (the first night of the tour) still exists, but the owner of the tape is extremely secretive. I got a couple glimpses of more stuff relating to Memphis '81 (alongside even more unreleased Destiny Tour / Triumph Tour shows, some of which were from the first month of shows) years ago, but i gave up on MJ stuff about two to three years ago (now I'm just a casual fan these days).
Memphis is a recording from the house cameras, isn't it? I was referring to the "official" recording, like the Forum ones.

Sorry I ask, but do you recall any locations?
Yes, because I autistically documented what I was shown back in the day.

In terms of Destiny Tour stuff,
  • Devon '79
  • Early U.S. show from '79, before they implemented "Off The Wall" songs
  • Oakland '79
  • Another show with similar outfits, though this was a handful of songs. (Maybe I'm confusing this & Oakland '79, but it goes on for a good amount of songs)
  • Atlanta '79, though I don't know which Atlanta show. Different from Altanta '81
In terms of Triumph Tour stuff,
  • Memphis '81, in full.
  • The one show from Triumph that I was shown that I don't have a clue about. All I know is that it's from the first part of the tour (I believe from July).
  • Atlanta '81, like actual Atlanta (not mislabeled Memphis footage) with multiple camera angles.
  • Detroit '81

Last edited:
Source? I don't believe that they refuse to make some good money. Did you know that a Victory tour Laserdisc was going to be released? Michael was the one who refused.

v1.jpg
v2.jpg
Anyone who owns the laserdisk could digitize it in good quality and upload it to YouTube

Memphis was a full recording done by a news station from what I've been told. Some of the other ones that I saw were official multi-cam recordings though.
I live in memphis. Shoutout to my city lol. I was born 10years too late to go🤦🏿‍♂️

Back