Differences In Xscape Cover Art

Skywatcher

Proud Member
Hi all,

I have noticed there seem to be two different versions of the Xscape cover art in circulation. I'm not talking about the standard and deluxe images (which have different background designs and are otherwise only marginally different - i.e. in the outline of the shoulders, if I remember correctly), but a difference that exists in both the standard and deluxe art.

On the left side of the photo (i.e. the right side of Michael's head), his hair is different in each version. In the more common version his hair here is much straighter, whilst in the alternative version it is more curly and seems to have more body. Here's what I mean:

Standard
140331_xscape_cover.jpg

michaeljacksonxscape.jpg

Deluxe
10251995_557820891002907_4598297234430204430_n.jpg

19291142feb43bb1ae6958f9c88f78f83f809902.jpg

In fact, if you look closely his hair is even slightly different on the other side in each picture.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know why these differences exist?

It's hair. Does it really matter? Obviously the artist changed it between the announcement and release because both of the "original" versions in your post (which ended up being the final versions) look better in terms in terms of the amount of hair on each side of his face being equal.

It's hair. Does it really matter? Obviously the artist changed it between the announcement and release because both of the "original" versions in your post (which ended up being the final versions) look better in terms in terms of the amount of hair on each side of his face being equal.

I doesn't matter, no - I just find it interesting. :)

I see the difference for sure, but I'm sure it was just edited to make it look more styled. The curls seem a little out of place with that speaker sort of orbiting MJ's face or whatever that thing is lol

Guys, the version with more hair is an outtake. The designer made the art with the hair on the original picture and Sony asked for a more comtemporized image of Michael, than he worked on the hair. I think the outtake was uploaded by mistake.

Quite interesting. I like the current cover, but wouldn't have minded having the hair left as is. The cover would look fuller with the longer hair lol.

Back