Discovery channel: Michael Jackson a faking it special

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I noticed this was on yesterday and watched the first 10 min. So far it has been pro MJ but I am hesitant to keep watching it.
Will it stay pro MJ or will it become another wild attack on him?
How long ago was this episode filmed? Is it new?

I’m hesitant because LN was positive too for the first 2 hours.

Has anyone seen it?

I haven't seen it and I am so hoping someone who has can come in and give some insight, because I've been curious about it. I did look at this article though and, frankly, I can't tell why the writer hates it. Is it because it's trash television? Or is it because it doesn't explicitly condemn MJ?

Reading this, I did note that toward the top of the article he points out that the people they interview for this don't seem to see MJ as a predator (at least that's what is implied in the very limited portions he quotes). It's hard to tell what they end up saying about him but I feel like I read somewhere that they think he is telling the truth.

Yes I watched 10 minutes. It is a show with "experts" who try to establish if MJ has been lying on Martin Bashir's interview regarding what he said about sleeping with children. From what I have seen so far they say he is telling the truth according to his behavior and tone of voice etc. They believe him.

BUT the episode has a runtime of an hour. So what is going to be next? It has that atmosphere of LN, it feels like they will do a U turn.

I want to watch it but if it's going to become a negative doc then I would feel I wasted time. So I'm on the fence lol.

The title is not good, it sounds like another of those trash mockumentaries. I would avoid.

I noticed this was on yesterday and watched the first 10 min. So far it has been pro MJ but I am hesitant to keep watching it.
Will it stay pro MJ or will it become another wild attack on him?
How long ago was this episode filmed? Is it new?

I’m hesitant because LN was positive too for the first 2 hours.

Has anyone seen it?
It was first broadcasted on April 17, 2021.
It's about body language. And these self proclaimed Pros wanna tell u if Mike lied about acusations, surgeries, Black&White. Dont watch that crap. Just 08/15 SHIT. Dont waste your time for this. The poor bitch Dimond is also in that crap.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm skipping this.

You know, for all the criticism that MJ's gotten over getting plastic surgery, how much botox did Diane Dimond put in her face to look 40 even though she's like 70 now?

It was first broadcasted on April 17, 2021.
It's about body language. And these self proclaimed Pros wanna tell u if Mike lied about acusations, surgeries, Black&White. Dont watch that crap. Just 08/15 SHIT. Dont waste your time for this. The poor bitch Dimond is also in that crap.
"Body language experts" is pseudoscience, clearly. Because humankind is not a hivemind, we don't all react the same or move our bodies the same way when we're either telling the truth or we're lying.

After all, based on "body language" alone, there loads of people still convinced that John and Patsy Ramsey murdered JonBenet, long after they were exonerated by DNA evidence. Or there's people focusing on the older brother, Burke, saying "He looks suspicious as hell." And likewise, such looks like this were used to convict Lindy Chamberlain for the death of her daughter Azaria in the same incident that gave rise to the quote, "The dingo took my baby!" and was made into a movie starring Meryl Streep and Sam Neill. The Chamberlains' lives were thoroughly destroyed by this rush to judgment, and even after they were cleared, they can't get back the lost time.

It's easy to think there is SOMETHING to this pseudoscience, as there are other "Faking It" episodes about bona fide criminals, like Jimmy Savile and Ted Bundy in the series, but to put Michael in the same mix is only going to lead to further slanders and corruptions of what Michael actually said.

HBO Max have just added it to their offerings. At least here in Sweden. I’m fit to be tied.

Pretty much should expect it by now. Reminds me of something else I was gonna mention, but I forgot and it all blends together anyway. Whatever, back to my proposal memo

Back