DISCUSSION: Possible Tracks On 2nd CD "This Is It"

This represents 1% of Mj's unreleased songs vault, there are hunderds of unreleased songs....

Unreleased songs from the jackson 5 era
Unreleased songs from the Jacksons era
Unreleased songs from off the wall era
Unreleased songs from the thriller era
Unreleased songs from the bad era
Unreleased songs from the dangerous era
Unreleased songs from the history era ( MJ worked with Teddy Riley in that era) still none of the songs they created together made the final cut.
Unreleased songs from the Invinicble era ( 120 songs were recorded during the sessions only 16 made the final cut)
Unreleased songs from Invincible until june 25, reports suggested that Mj has recorded 160 to 200 during that time,these are finished tracks not rough demos according to an article posted after mj's death...

see ..there are many many songs ...lol, we will still dance to Mj's music for at least 40 years.

^^^ I thought it said unreleased versions of the classics???

Anyway, no matter how much Sony SUCKS, I gotta buy it to support MJ.

But the thing is-alot of non-diehard-fans already have all of the greatest hits , sooooo, they won't buy the album just for some demos (although I will) .... are they tryna sabatoge Michael's record sales, and then have ppl saying "oh- the KOP can't sell alot of cd's"... THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN SELLING THE SAME SONGS FOR YEARS!!!!

I would not want THIS IS IT to have demos of large sort. YES I would like a compilation of demos and tracks that were not released.. but if anything new on that specific CD set it would be smarter to put onyl best Of's and unreleased material that is up to par for a HIT!! maybe a demo or two of BIG songs like Thriller (Starlight) that no one that is a "bandwagon" fan would not mistaken, and judge his music accordingly..

Fan wise, demo's and unreleased tracks are GREAT.. but this album will be very mainstream! I don't see what a soundtrack buyer will get out of it. several people will go to the movie and buy the album off of that excitement rush.. Not all are fans.

THIS IS IT should be= HIT/HIT/HIT..

It looks like this aint gonna happen but I just would like to get 1 disc all songs from the movie in the order it played, plus 'THIS IS IT'.. then disc 2 the rehearsal on CD.. All in all if it's never released I know we'll be making it once the DVD comes out!

P.S. hopefully the sales of this movie in general will motivate Sony to release other MJ concerts to the public.. Probably straight to DVD.. but it would even sell well if each courter of the year they release each tour in theatres for 2 weeks for next year.. then to DVD!

I agree though I am sure they will release a 'soundtrack' but maybe thats just wishful thinking.
Most of I all would love to see a CD of unreleased material (like most fans:)). There must be hundreds of tracks/demos out there! Guess time will only tell.

& KOPV that last note about concerts to the public..totally agree! Its so hard to get that kind of thing. Even more so in good quality!

I really am hoping that the delay in an official reveal of the tracklisting is because Sony have seen the fan reaction to the leak/rumoured tracklisting, and they are revising their choices.

I think that the bonus tracks must have some relevance to the film, after all the OST is representative of TII... As much as I am looking forward to hearing She's Out Of My Life demo (which I have avoided listening to on youtube), as far as I am aware this song was never mentioned or rehearsed for the concerts, so it has no relevance on the OST.

Relevant choices of bonus tracks would be:

The adult re-recordings of J5 hits intended for "Decade",
Rock With You original demo,
What About Us original demo,
Starlight demo,
Speechless demo or full acapella (if it exists)

etc, etc.

We, as the real fans, should pool our collections of the rare and unreleased tracks which we know to be out there in the hands of collectors, and create our own fan-based CD called "This Is Really It" !!. I know it would take a lot for collectors to share what they have but at least we'd show Sony and AEG that the fans now own MJ's legacy and not those Corporate Monkeys.

If we were to do something like this, the worlds media would go crazy and hopefully other material would start to surface.....

I know this is a far-fetched idea, but I honestly believe it's the only way we'll finally get to hear MJ's FULL works.....

I'm just dreaming here right??

Back