[Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

myosotis;4295489 said:
Link to Joint Statement of Case Status (Robson and Safechuck) which will be in court tomorrow. (With thanks to fans on twitter).

We've seen this before. It mentions that Robson's Discovery into MJJ 'companies and current and former employees and agents, persons most knowledgeable and custodians of records' is likely to take 6-12 months, and Safechuck's Discovery to take 12-24 months, 'given that both were 'acting as an employee, the range of locations (of abuse) and the vast number of witnesses in the case(s).' :doh:

http://mjjr.net/docs/WadeJamesStatusReportJune2020.pdf

I like the sound of this. :D

“Defendants also need to take third-party discovery aimed at Safechuck’s extensive participation in a film released during appeal where he and his family participated in numerous, detailed interviews relating to Safechuck’s allegations of abuse which are at the center of this action. Because the principal party that made the film is in the United Kingdom, Defendants will need to invoke international discovery processes to take that party’s deposition and seek the production of documents and other things such as recordings.

So, after that whole Kew Media fiasco Dan is now also up to his neck involved in the lawsuit. Can’t wait for his deposition and all those movie outtakes and behind the scenes features – or did the cat eat all the film reels? :D

ScreenOrigami;4295517 said:
I like the sound of this. :D

“Defendants also need to take third-party discovery aimed at Safechuck’s extensive participation in a film released during appeal where he and his family participated in numerous, detailed interviews relating to Safechuck’s allegations of abuse which are at the center of this action. Because the principal party that made the film is in the United Kingdom, Defendants will need to invoke international discovery processes to take that party’s deposition and seek the production of documents and other things such as recordings.”

So, after that whole Kew Media fiasco Dan is now also up to his neck involved in the lawsuit. Can’t wait for his deposition and all those movie outtakes and behind the scenes features – or did the cat eat all the film reels? :D

LOL, yes.

Dan already lost day 1 of Robsons interviews, so the original scenes are gone, only the re-shots are left I assume. I would expect Safechuck and Reed to have cleaned their houses & tracks by now. I mean after what happened to Robson, Finaldi probably have taken measures to avoid a repeat!

A fan on twitter reported some news from yesterday's court hearing. I hope this is correct... (I've not seen any court papers or press reports as yet).

There are many of you that will like to know... The new judge does NOT want to consolidate the Robson & Safechuck cases as they requested.

A fan on twitter reported some news from yesterday's court hearing. I hope this is correct... (I've not seen any court papers or press reports as yet).

It was KOPV from this very board who reported that, so not just a fan, but a person of higher rank :cool:

Last edited:
And more from fans on Twitter (Thank you for sharing this information):

Edited to note as before that trial dates are set in advance of decisions made regarding ending the case(s) after an earlier stage. So having a 'trial date' does not mean there WILL be a trial, as the case may be thrown out sooner.

Also :( that if Wade does go to trial, it may be in June (again). However, with the virus etc it's possible I suppose that dates might be pushed back.

I attended court yesterday and wanted to let you guys know that the Judge will be separating the two cases. Since Wade is much further along the judge felt that lumping them together would not be good for the jurors. Finaldi argued that they knew each as kids and will be witnesses in each other’s cases and that they are simply cases of abuse done through companies.

Regardless judge will separate them. They discussed the motions Wade wanted addressed and set a date for them. In September. The judge said although cases back on appeal have three years to be heard his goal is to have this case ie Wade’s go to trial sooner than later as it’s been on going for both parties for a long time.

They set a date for W’s trial :June 14 2021 and will take take 2 to 3 weeks for jury selection. The estate has 75.000 pages of documents in Wades case but because discovery still needs time and they need to gather more info in regards to LN production edits and stuff and as it’s international discovery It needs some time.

When asked how much time he needs Finaldi said it’s difficult to estimate because there is so much information to come to light which he says could take 30 days.

Judge asked both parties if mediation is needed and they said it was not needed and parties must attend.

James case: the judge reset the demurrers given appeal. Finaldi said it should be reset cause of new law. Judge said let’s cross that bridge when we get there.

He set a date for October 16 for James Demurrer.

Important dates Sept 8, October 16, May 27, and June 14 2021.

Dan was there with his assistant. He did film but of course he adhered to the judges conditions about media court rules. Wade and James did not attend. Dan filmed what he was allowed to and left.

Last edited:
The fact that Finaldi has been pushing so hard to join these cases up makes me think that he is / was hoping to make a 'class action' against the MJJ companies.
We already know that he claimed that :

“MJJ Productions operated the most sophisticated child sexual abuse procurement and facilitation operation the world has known.”

“Although MJJ Productions on its face was a multimedia company dedicated to creating and distributing Michael Jackson’s music and entertainment, it actually served a dual purpose, and that was locating, producing and enabling his sexual abuse of kids.”

and he has also just said, as if there is nothing distinct or different about R and S's cases (see above):
..will be witnesses in each other’s cases and that they are simply cases of abuse done through companies.

Finaldi is currently leading a (to me extraordinary) class action on behalf of female students at the USC (University of Southern California) campus, against the campus former gynaecologist (named Tyndall).

The claims structure is as follows:
In January, a federal judge in Los Angeles granted final approval of a $215 million class-action settlement between USC and some of the women who claim they were sexually abused by Tyndall.

The settlement provides all class members — about 17,000 former patients who received women’s health services from Tyndall — compensation of $2,500 and up. Patients who are willing to provide further details about their experience could be eligible for additional compensation up to $250,000.

Former students could claim to be members of this 'class' if they were 'seen for treatment for women's health issues' by this doctor...or whose treatment included taking photos or videos of their unclothed or partially clothed bodies.
https://www.usctyndallsettlement.com/

Although there are 650 known claimants, you can see how these cases can 'snowball' to thousands once they are agreed as a class action, as the following argument can be made:

The recent case against University of Southern California for failing to act on numerous complaints of sexual misconduct by staff gynecologist Dr. George Tyndall illustrates the tensions between individual and collective justice in class action suits for sexual misconduct. The pending settlement of $215 million would compensate every one of the 15,000 to 17,000 students who saw Tyndall for women’s healthcare between 1989 and 2016 at least $2,500, whether or not they personally experienced misconduct. In recognition of the collective nature of the harm, lawyers on both sides said that “the base compensation was to acknowledge that given the allegations against Tyndall, simply being his patient amounted to damage.

https://harvardjlg.com/2019/04/coll...al-misconduct-class-actions-in-the-metoo-era/

On this basis, you could easily see F and Co expanding their case to a class action to include for example all the children who sang in the 'Heal the World' sections of the MJ tours. I'ts very likely this is what F & Co were hoping when he first made that comment about MJJ Prodns. :(

Last edited:
myosotis;4295674 said:
We already know that he claimed that :

“MJJ Productions operated the most sophisticated child sexual abuse procurement and facilitation operation the world has known.”

“Although MJJ Productions on its face was a multimedia company dedicated to creating and distributing Michael Jackson’s music and entertainment, it actually served a dual purpose, and that was locating, producing and enabling his sexual abuse of kids.”

This isn’t just about defaming the deceased (which for reasons I will never understand is perfectly acceptable in the USA), but defaming people who are actually very much alive.

How is this even possible? :scratch:

I’d really like to see a defamation lawsuit after the Estate wins this one. Someone has to stop these people.

ScreenOrigami;4295721 said:
This isn’t just about defaming the deceased (which for reasons I will never understand is perfectly acceptable in the USA), but defaming people who are actually very much alive.

How is this even possible? :scratch:

I’d really like to see a defamation lawsuit after the Estate wins this one. Someone has to stop these people.

I think it's because the allegations count as 'privileged communications' ie they were made in the course of a lawsuit. To be actionable, the allegations must be 'unprivileged'.

(The recent allegations made against eg Bieber were not made within a legal complaint).

2.3 Unprivileged publications
A statement must be unprivileged to be actionable as defamation. This is also to say that a showing of a privileged communication is a defense to a defamation lawsuit.6

California courts have codified several privileged communications in Cal. Civ. Code § 47. According to this section, some examples of privileged publications include publications made:

- In the proper discharge of an official duty:
- In a legislative or judicial proceeding;
- a fair and true report in, or a communication to, a public journal of a judicial, legislative, or other public official proceeding; etc

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/personal-injury/harm-to-reputation/defamation/

myosotis;4295738 said:
I think it's because the allegations count as 'privileged communications' ie they were made in the course of a lawsuit. To be actionable, the allegations must be 'unprivileged'.

(The recent allegations made against eg Bieber were not made within a legal complaint).

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/personal-injury/harm-to-reputation/defamation/

Alrighty! This makes sense, and that’s most likely the reason they didn’t even mention any of this in LN or their interviews. Thanks for the help. :cool:(y)

ScreenOrigami;4295746 said:
Alrighty! This makes sense, and that’s most likely the reason they didn’t even mention any of this in LN or their interviews. Thanks for the help. :cool:(y)

Thank you - But I do entirely agree with you that false accusers should always face some prospect of penalty. It seems very unjust and unfair that false accusers who make their claims via a legal route get a 'free pass' to make outrageous claims, most especially with regard to the deceased. It seems extraordinary that this apparent loophole in the law has so few advocates for closure. You'd think there would be plenty of wealthy folk in California who wouldn't want to see their family reputation and funds under attack from unscrupulous get-rich-quick fortune-hunters. There seems to be a current trend for women to come forward with allegations of historic abuse - if some of these start to show false claims, maybe that will make legislators look again at the law.

Thank you - But I do entirely agree with you that false accusers should always face some prospect of penalty. It seems very unjust and unfair that false accusers who make their claims via a legal route get a 'free pass' to make outrageous claims, most especially with regard to the deceased. It seems extraordinary that this apparent loophole in the law has so few advocates for closure. You'd think there would be plenty of wealthy folk in California who wouldn't want to see their family reputation and funds under attack from unscrupulous get-rich-quick fortune-hunters. There seems to be a current trend for women to come forward with allegations of historic abuse - if some of these start to show false claims, maybe that will make legislators look again at the law.

100% agreeing with this.

From fans on twitter:

Here are the next actions planned in the cases against MJ's companies.

Hearings have been scheduled for the motions that went unanswered after Wade's case was dismissed in 2017.

This includes Jonathan Spence & his mother's (Marion Fox) contesting of subpoena, etc.
(Lily is Jordan's sister, Tabitha Marks was J's girlfriend (as of 2016, I think).

KpoCgLz.jpg

ccoXtzt.jpg

Last edited:
See Chandlers how they lies keep bring them back. Until JC clear this lie, JC and his family wont have peace. That is just the way it goes.

ScreenOrigami;4295694 said:
There’s no info about the court case though, or am I missing something? Read it earlier today.
It is just a great read.

LOL, yes.

Dan already lost day 1 of Robsons interviews, so the original scenes are gone, only the re-shots are left I assume. I would expect Safechuck and Reed to have cleaned their houses & tracks by now. I mean after what happened to Robson, Finaldi probably have taken measures to avoid a repeat!
That sound like BS. How can someone be so desperate to bother a man who is gone can so called "lose" 1 day interviews on a film like LN? That wont fly and it sound like a LIE.

Last edited:
From tscm on twitter. Chandlers lawyers in 2016 told finaldi to get lost re depos for him and the family. Hes a coward. Want finaldi to stop bothering him get your lawyers to put out a statement saying nothing happened. Instead they claim lilly doesnt know where he is and talks about been ungagged. P..R from finaldi. Im sure a private I would find him in two mins ( theres enough on f.b) but he just wants the headlines rather than getting an answer he doesnt want to hear

https://mobile.twitter.com/MJJRepository/status/1277111897045831682?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1277111897045831682%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmymjjforum.boards.net%2Fthread%2F1413%2Frobson-safechuck-lawsuit-dismissal-overturned%3Fpage%3D6

terrell;4295818 said:
It is just a great read.

Absolutely. Why not post it in a thread where people will actually find it? It deserves more attention, but it’s not related to this court case thread. :)

ScreenOrigami;4295829 said:
Absolutely. Why not post it in a thread where people will actually find it? It deserves more attention, but it’s not related to this court case thread. :)
You read my mind in what I was going to do at first. I will do it. Thanks

From tscm on twitter. Chandlers lawyers in 2016 told finaldi to get lost re depos for him and the family. Hes a coward. Want finaldi to stop bothering him get your lawyers to put out a statement saying nothing happened. Instead they claim lilly doesnt know where he is and talks about been ungagged. P..R from finaldi. Im sure a private I would find him in two mins ( theres enough on f.b) but he just wants the headlines rather than getting an answer he doesnt want to hear

https://mobile.twitter.com/MJJRepos...safechuck-lawsuit-dismissal-overturned?page=6

Thank you for the link. This is the letter (at that link) from Chandler's lawyer to F &Co in 2016 :

uZkatvU.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/MJJRepos...safechuck-lawsuit-dismissal-overturned?page=6
Oh Lily and everyone know where he is. How was they able to find JC in order to talk to his lawyers only to be told to "get lost" like you said? See, all of this shows the BS all of these people are doing.

Last edited:
Well his lawyer is in new jersey so thats a start?

Thanks for posting the actual info myso.. as you can see anything above copy and paste is over my head!

Well his lawyer is in new jersey so thats a start??

Thanks for posting the actual info myso.. as you can see anything above copy and paste is over my head!

Team-work :) :flowers:

I couldn't do it without a laptop (and a ScreenOrigami masterclass in uploading images !) - so thank you for the link to get me going.
Anytime you see anything else that needs posting here, I'll be more than happy to help. (y)

Last edited:
Team-work :) :flowers:

I couldn't do it without a laptop (and a ScreenOrigami masterclass in uploading images !) - so thank you for the link to get me going.
Anytime you see anything else that needs posting here, I'll be more than happy to help. (y)

Thank you. :blush: :flowers:

And thanks for all your valuable contributions, especially to the trials & tribulations threads. :flowers:

Back