Do you think there are crazy unseen Billie Jean live dance breaks? And other live moment we are waiting to see

Dilan

Proud Member
I was thinking during the dance breaks at the end of Billie Jean where its just the music and hes dancing do you think there are amazing ones that we haven't all seen because there arent any recordings of it? like there are moves he only did once or just generally the dance is way better than the other ones we all know like Munich 97 etc?

Second question: Are there any live moments that have only been spoken about but we cannot see yet because there isnt any footage? Maybe there was a mistake or I think also someone said one of the dancers said Remember the time was performed in concert on only one occasion but we cant tell if its true because footage of that show doesnt exist

Kevin Dorsey clearly misremembers, because 'Remember The Time' was actually never performed live during the Dangerous Tour.

Kevin Dorsey confuses it with a full dress rehearsal of that song.

Also, it appears that there are amazing, unseen 'Billie Jean' live dance breaks, because in certain concerts Michael Jackson was in better mood and he was more energetic compared to other concerts.

Yeah, like others have said he pretty much stuck to the same thing so it's rather doubtful there's a concert where he just decided to improvise lol.

some Victory tour concerts might have rarely seen/known moves. He was quite experimental around that time.

I am pretty sure RTT was never performed on the DWT and it was just a dress rehearsal before the Munich show or something (whoever brought that memory up said it was some show in Germany, but we have audio and video of MOST of the Germany shows of the tour, none of which contain a RTT performance).

Anyway, the ending Billie Jean dance has always been routine starting from the Victory Tour. The sequence was pretty much set in stone, but the dancing evolved. MJ stopped doing the circle glide move after the 87 leg of the Bad Tour for example. On the History Tour, not only were the routines longer, but there was a bit more spontaneity in the moves, more robotics than ever. In Manila 96, MJ did that cool robotic-side-glide-stay-in-place move (I don't know how else to call it lol) I've never seen him do in any other Billie Jean dance routine, or concert for that matter. He tap dances before the beatbox in Basel 97. Apparently MJ did the Charlie Chaplin walk in Bremen 97 (the little waddle he does in SIM in Amsterdam 6/8). I would not doubt there are moves he has done in certain shows that are exclusive to those shows, but we'll never truly know until that footage sees the light of the day, which will not be for a while at least.

Just listen to the LA 89 pro audio of the last Bad tour show, during the end dance of Billie Jean he is definitely doing some different moves in that concert. Kevin Dorsey is even going wild with excitement exclaiming to MJ a random Work! I so would haved LOVED to see that performance but alas we only have tiny snippets of that BJ performance.

I am pretty sure RTT was never performed on the DWT and it was just a dress rehearsal before the Munich show or something (whoever brought that memory up said it was some show in Germany, but we have audio and video of MOST of the Germany shows of the tour, none of which contain a RTT performance).

Anyway, the ending Billie Jean dance has always been routine starting from the Victory Tour. The sequence was pretty much set in stone, but the dancing evolved. MJ stopped doing the circle glide move after the 87 leg of the Bad Tour for example. On the History Tour, not only were the routines longer, but there was a bit more spontaneity in the moves, more robotics than ever. In Manila 96, MJ did that cool robotic-side-glide-stay-in-place move (I don't know how else to call it lol) I've never seen him do in any other Billie Jean dance routine, or concert for that matter. He tap dances before the beatbox in Basel 97. Apparently MJ did the Charlie Chaplin walk in Bremen 97 (the little waddle he does in SIM in Amsterdam 6/8). I would not doubt there are moves he has done in certain shows that are exclusive to those shows, but we'll never truly know until that footage sees the light of the day, which will not be for a while at least.
Thank you for your informative response. Are you talking about
7:38 here for manila? I think you would enjoy Kuala lumpar also its similar. Would love to see bremen!

100% there are unseen Billie Jean live dance breaks. i would really love to see when Michael came to Sydney Aus in 87 and 96. for the 87 there's only snippets and a full interview with Molly The Mad Hatter up on youtube and for the 96 version on youtube is incomplete and i would LOVE to see the full cause 2 of my eldest cousins went to his concert and this happened a few weeks before i was born and also Michael and Debbie got married on the day that i was born so it means a lot to me!! 🥺🥺

This is a great question

I'm not sure to be honest, I think we've been very lucky over the last 10 years with the concerts we've got, Oslo, Bremen and espicially Copenhagen. Also all the Bad and HIStory Tour stuff, they're all varied, not always unique, but they all have their own quirks to each show

Shows I'd like to see, Bad Tour MSG 88 (the live versions and that MITM Grammy's style breakdown)

Rome 92, it looks like a great show and MJ sounds great when his headset mic fails and he goes back to a handheld briefly in WBSS

Monza 92, it looks like a great show and I've lost count of how many times I've watched that side angle version we have 😅

Liverpool 88, its the closest MJ got to performing where I live and it was one of his largest ever crowds.

Any Bad Tour 87 Japan leg, there's so much variety in each show and his voice soars. I bet there's some unseen gems in these shows.

Sorry for the long answer. The guy to ask about this is @MJbr2 they have such a huge amazing knowledge of all of MJ's Tours

This is a great question

I'm not sure to be honest, I think we've been very lucky over the last 10 years with the concerts we've got, Oslo, Bremen and espicially Copenhagen. Also all the Bad and HIStory Tour stuff, they're all varied, not always unique, but they all have their own quirks to each show

Shows I'd like to see, Bad Tour MSG 88 (the live versions and that MITM Grammy's style breakdown)

Rome 92, it looks like a great show and MJ sounds great when his headset mic fails and he goes back to a handheld briefly in WBSS

Monza 92, it looks like a great show and I've lost count of how many times I've watched that side angle version we have 😅

Liverpool 88, its the closest MJ got to performing where I live and it was one of his largest ever crowds.

Any Bad Tour 87 Japan leg, there's so much variety in each show and his voice soars. I bet there's some unseen gems in these shows.

Sorry for the long answer. The guy to ask about this is @MJbr2 they have such a huge amazing knowledge of all of MJ's Tours
What about Kansas City 88? Imagine seeing MJ perform SC, DD and MITM for the first time!! What a dream that would be! 🥰

Thank you for your informative response. Are you talking about
7:38 here for manila? I think you would enjoy Kuala lumpar also its similar. Would love to see bremen!
Yes! It was this move! So cool looking! I love Kuala Lumpur as well, second night is just spectacular

Back