Documentary About Invincible Coming Soon?

Whatever Happens is amazing - the guitar, the western-feel - and the vocal delivery... Stunning - such a great song.
All of this and more.

If I ever decide to try to pick my fave Michael song it would be between this one, Is It Scary and We've Had Enough. Whatever Happens is one of those songs that feels complete to me. Nothing could be added or taken away to make it better. I've heard people complain about Michael's vocals on this song. Different strokes, I guess. For me, it's perfect.

Songs like Butterflies, Heaven Can Wait, & Break Of Dawn were like the neo-soul sound that was popular on R&B radio at the time. Neo-soul didn't really crossover much to Top 40 pop radio, maybe Erykah Badu & D'Angelo did a little. Floetry, who wrote Butterflies, was one of the neo-soul acts. Neo-soul tended to be mid tempo or slow ballads. Sort of like Sade or Anita Baker mixed with a hip hop vibe. Not a lot of uptempo dance songs. Neo-soul usually appealed more to middle-aged R&B listeners who weren't as interested in Usher, Brandy, & Destiny's Child.
True, I really liked that sound. For me these are generally the highlights of the album. Mostly because it was something new for Michael And they were very well produced.

Back