Does anyone else think the Cascio tracks are actually good songs?

Kanye East

Proud Member
Even though MJ didn't actually sing on them (other than some sampled "ooh" and "hee-hee" from other songs), and it's unclear whether he had any involvement in their writing.

I think that at least some of them are great songs, and really do sound like something he'd do. Maybe it's just because I first heard them when I was in middle school, a time I have some very fond (and some not so great) memories of.

He WASN't involved in their writing. Moreover, he probably wasn't even aware of their existence.
As I have made it clear in the past, it is more probable than not that he was aware of the Cascio songs’ existence, based on the evidence we have.
For anybody who might be reading this thread and be misinformed by this post, by the wonderful Richard.

if I look at them as Malachi-songs, I think that
Keep your head up has a good melody, but needs better lyrics
Monster is catchy thanks to Riley

Michael would've elevated the quality significantly with his vocals and lyrical input

As I have made it clear in the past, it is more probable than not that he was aware of the Cascio songs’ existence, based on the evidence we have.
For anybody who might be reading this thread and be misinformed by this post, by the wonderful Richard.
No no no. It's you, who is misinforming people here. Please stop

He WASN't involved in their writing. Moreover, he probably wasn't even aware of their existence.
The CD's were found in his room after his death, he definitely knew about those songs.
IMG-1369.jpg

IMG-1362.jpg

It also means that the Cascio tracks are writer's demos instead of them being completely fake songs made after MJ's death like it was believed before, which doesn't make it as bad that they were sold as MJ songs? It's as if the estate sold Willing And Waiting as an MJ song. It's still pretty bad that they lied about those songs regardless.

The CD's were found in his room after his death, he definitely knew about those songs.
IMG-1369.jpg

IMG-1362.jpg

It also means that the Cascio tracks are writer's demos instead of them being completely fake songs made after MJ's death like it was believed before, which doesn't make it as bad that they were sold as MJ songs? It's as if the estate sold Willing And Waiting as an MJ song. It's still pretty bad that they lied about those songs regardless.
I guess Cascio just put it in his room. That's why, that's not an evidence

IMG-1369.jpg

IMG-1362.jpg

We've known they were songs Eddie wanted MJ to record for years now, and no, it doesn't make it less bad.

We've known they were songs Eddie wanted MJ to record for years now, and no, it doesn't make it less bad.
The point is, that Michael have never mentioned these tracks! That's the most important part in this controversy! That means that he either didn't really consider them as potential songs or he wasn't aware of these tracks. Lots of writers demos were mention him while talking with other musicians, some of them were even left on his list of songs on ho bedroom. Still, there are no Cascio tracks. Most evidences, Eddie used in court are fakes, when he tried to fool everybody. That's why Eddie case is not just bad, it is as awful as Chandler's case.

Back to the topic. I think breaking news has a great production and sounds the most like “an MJ track”. Voice (and self - references) aside, I enjoy especially the strings section.

Imposter vocals aside, I like Keep Your Head Up the most, then Monster.

Breaking News is a steaming pile of dog poop. If that was the real Michael singing on that, even he wasn't that egotistical to sing about himself like that (I.E. singing his own name in a song)

So, Teddy couldn't pick up on what fans picked up on within seconds of hearing Breaking News?

He knew full well what he was doing.
he didn't have the guts to tell the estate the truth
I mean he is Teddy Riley, he should've some self esteem

Keep your head up is the best of a really bad bunch , tbh even if MJ did have knowledge of the songs and recorded them himself I don't think they would be good enough.

He was so much better than these tracks.

No he wasn't. He knew, that something is wrong. But he wasn't aware, that this voice is not Michael's. Nowadays, musicians use a lot of filters and other digital tricks to improve/change singer's voice. Even Teddy did the same during Invincible sessions, when he produced 2000 Watts. That's why he probably just thought, that Michael's voice on Cascio tracks was filtered
You have been suspended

Mods/owner please remove.

No he wasn't. He knew, that something is wrong. But he wasn't aware, that this voice is not Michael's. Nowadays, musicians use a lot of filters and other digital tricks to improve/change singer's voice. Even Teddy did the same during Invincible sessions, when he produced 2000 Watts. That's why he probably just thought, that Michael's voice on Cascio tracks was filtered
Nonsense. You could have filtered that voice through a tractors exhaust pipe - anyone with ears knew it wasn't Michael Jackson.

Thank god Teddy got paid for his work on these songs though.

Even though MJ didn't actually sing on them (other than some sampled "ooh" and "hee-hee" from other songs), and it's unclear whether he had any involvement in their writing.
According to American journalist Roger Friedman, there are work tapes from the Cascio sessions (summer of 2007) that show Michael Jackson in the recording studio discussing with Eddie Cascio (and with other members of the Cascio family) about these songs.

This suggests that Michael Jackson did have some sort of involvement (in terms of writing) in these Cascio songs.
I think that at least some of them are great songs, and really do sound like something he'd do.
Many fans wish that Michael Jackson had recorded with his own vocals the 'Monster' Cascio song.

i like the instrumentals on BN and Monster (both Teddy Riley mix).
A shame the vocals are not legit. Still waiting for an AI recreation that actually sounds like MJ, without Jason's vibrato.

According to American journalist Roger Friedman, there are work tapes from the Cascio sessions (summer of 2007) that show Michael Jackson in the recording studio discussing with Eddie Cascio (and with other members of the Cascio family) about these songs.

This suggests that Michael Jackson did have some sort of involvement (in terms of writing) in these Cascio songs.
My god man will you stop regurgitating old lies and acting like they are facts.

I remember when they released a clip of Breaking News, and it all it took was for me to hear "everybody wanting the news on Michael Jackson" and I knew immediately that there was no way in hell that was Michael Jackson. Any producer who worked on that track or any of the Cascio tracks should be kept away from Michael's work in future. But the fact they felt the need to do that does bring the quality of the vault into question. Out of 20 or so unreleased songs to be reworked and unearthed I can only count a handful that I think were any good or had potential. The Michael album was trash save for Behind the Mask, Hold My Hand and Much Too Soon. Xscape was marginally better.

The answer is yes, some people do think they were good songs.

The better question is why. Keep Your Head Up is a pretty anthem. Monster basically ripped off MJ's unreleased songs Monster and is a reasonably catchy uptempo.

Breaking News is. Well produced.

It's been clear Teddy knew and just wanted a real song to work on so continued what he was doing.
How desperate to make money can you be that you willingly work on a fake song on the first posthumous album of your “friend” one year after he died.

No one and I mean no one cared about MJ. Not his family nor his producers or “friends”.

Even though MJ’s not the one singing and the song lyrically doesn’t make any sense and sounds like a poor imitation of MJ’s previous songs, I’ve always had a soft spot for All I Need.

Back