Does anyone have more pictures from the MSG rehearsals like these??

mj_frenzy;4098081 said:
Although Bashir did everything in his power to present a rather partial version of the documentary, I think MJ should have behaved in a more responsible way:

For example:
No one told MJ to dangle his child over the balcony.
No one told MJ to feed his child in such a strange way in front of the camera.
No one told MJ to confess that he used to roam holding baby dolls.
etc.

More importantly, when Bashir insinuated various things (‘The footage you were never meant to see’) then, in my opinion, there were only two options for MJ: Either to stop immediately further discussions with the specific journalist & get rid of him, or to have complete control over the final version that was about to air. MJ did neither of them.

I agree with you on your 3 responsibility examples. I'm not one of those fans that justifies everything he's done, because I don't think holding your infant over a balcony for any amount of time is acceptable in any situation no matter who you are. Though I don't care much to get into his eccentricities because it's unrelated to this topic. I will however mention that he was actually meant to have final say over the Bashir product, but Bashir essentially cut and run, eluded Jackson at every possible turn, and then proceeded to go against contracted obligations and aired it anyway. It's my understanding he was sued by Jackson because of this, but you can't really say it was Jackson's fault over the entire final product because Bashir buggered off on him. As for stopping discussions with Bashir, I can see why you would think that would be a reasonable and obvious thing to do, but you have to remember that Jackson had been royally screwed for decades by people, and Bashir (as seen in Footage Never Meant To Be Seen) spent the better part of a year buttering him up and essentially promising him that he would explain to the world who Jackson was eccentricities and all in a positive way so that people could understand.

TinnyandOdd;4098142 said:
I agree with you on your 3 responsibility examples. I'm not one of those fans that justifies everything he's done, because I don't think holding your infant over a balcony for any amount of time is acceptable in any situation no matter who you are. Though I don't care much to get into his eccentricities because it's unrelated to this topic. I will however mention that he was actually meant to have final say over the Bashir product, but Bashir essentially cut and run, eluded Jackson at every possible turn, and then proceeded to go against contracted obligations and aired it anyway. It's my understanding he was sued by Jackson because of this, but you can't really say it was Jackson's fault over the entire final product because Bashir buggered off on him. As for stopping discussions with Bashir, I can see why you would think that would be a reasonable and obvious thing to do, but you have to remember that Jackson had been royally screwed for decades by people, and Bashir (as seen in Footage Never Meant To Be Seen) spent the better part of a year buttering him up and essentially promising him that he would explain to the world who Jackson was eccentricities and all in a positive way so that people could understand.

I think that, in the 00’s MJ seemed (very) vulnerable &, in some cases, rather abandoned.

Back