Does Germany have the biggest fan base?

MJBrazil21

Proud Member
I was watching videos and reports about German fans and I was very impressed with how dedicated Michael Jackson fans are in Germany. Tributes, memorials and vigils for him take place every year and in many cities. To this day the Memorial in Munich is still there since 2009, Even after 14 years the Malibu fan club publishes new photos of the memorial, Whenever Michael was in trials and difficult situations, German fans always supported him, Perhaps Germany has the biggest fan base of the King of pop in Europe, and is in the top 10 of the biggest fan bases in the world

I doubt it, he only scored 20 top 10 hits and 2 nr 1 hits (earth song, TDCAU) there.

Comparison with the Beatles they scored 12 nr 1 hits and 31 top 10 hits

But the Beatles seem to be an exception to the rule as far as international acts go in Germany, most big artists have only a handful of really big hits there

Going by tour dates, Bad had 8 cities in Germany, Dangerous had 9, and HIStory had 9. Most countries had 1 or 2.

Top 3 are probably Germany, UK and Japan.

I was watching videos and reports about German fans and I was very impressed with how dedicated Michael Jackson fans are in Germany. Tributes, memorials and vigils for him take place every year and in many cities. To this day the Memorial in Munich is still there since 2009, Even after 14 years the Malibu fan club publishes new photos of the memorial, Whenever Michael was in trials and difficult situations, German fans always supported him, Perhaps Germany has the biggest fan base of the King of pop in Europe, and is in the top 10 of the biggest fan bases in the world
I am German, but I have no idea about our fanbase.

As a 90s kid, EVERYONE in my school was a Grunge fan. To me it seemed, that I was the only one grooving to the newly released Dangerous album in 1991, while "everyone" else in my school wore raggedy clothes and looked like an addict :ROFLMAO: :(

My theory is that every school back then had their own music style: You listened to the stuff the "coolest" kids listened to, basically. But this is just a guess. It really felt like this back then.

We recently had our highschool reunion. You can guess the playlist for the evening *sigh*

But then again, I grew up in the countryside/went to school in a very small town.

It depends on what criterion you use.

For example, if you use as a criterion the number of statues dedicated to Michael Jackson, then China is the country with the biggest fan base.

In Germany, to this day, what makes me mad, is that Michael Jackson is still not given credit, or even respect, by so called "intellectuals".

Very few
music/cultural critics, journalists, teachers ... dare to stand out and recognize Michael Jackson´s immense artistry and cultural meaning. Most don´t even stop ridiculing him.

I hate to say it, but those MJ bashers really are mostly older white men.
As a woman (I am 50) born and growing up in 70s, 80s Germany, I never realized this, until the younger generations pointed this out. :-(

Also, whenever people talk about Germany`s artists it´s about old, dead men . lol and wtf (Yeah, I love Mozart and Goethe, too, but, come on!)

Does anyone from other countries have the same expriences? Having elitist critics that only accept artists being male, white and basically dead? (Why am I even asking) 🥴 :LOL: :(:(

China does, they've made 12 statues for him. More than any foreigner

Back