'Don't Walk Away' Appreciation

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
This to me is the ultimate break-up song. The lyrics on this and the pain in the Michael's voice just tears me apart. I think for anyone who has been broken up with or had their heart broken will understand and appreciate this song. The way this song builds up through its use of strings and guitar in particular is breathtaking - and reflects the waves of emotion that hit you in real life.. 'And why.... all my dreams been broken' - just ... *shakes head* .. incredible. I love the way the song finishes as well with the echo of the words 'don't walk away'; it leaves the song open ended and suggests that the struggle is still on-going. That the pain of a love lost won't go away over night.

This song leaves me speechless and I feel it would have reached close to number one if released.

I don't know how this song doesn't get more credit - on here and in the press! It is so underrated and is one of my favourites of all time.

Who else loves this masterpiece? :clap:

I am totally in love with this song... I don't understand why so many people have a negative opinion towards this song.. This is probably MJ's best ballad and should be appreciated.

I'm so glad you feel the same way. I just loved this song the second I heard it. To me after butterflies and Speechless the best ballad in Invincible and one of his best EVER!

I think it's one of the most beautiful lyrics of the album, one of those songs you just can't stop listening to it. I love it. The first time I heard this song it literally made me cry...

I became a fan in 2001 thanks to this song ;)

Yeah, sometimes i find myself listen to this song alot! Maybe its because i can relate to this song, still this song is one of my fav from invincble!:)

I remember when I was first finding and listening to all of Michael's music, this was a song that stood out and repeated in my head a lot. I love it. :)

The second verse kills me. It hurts so much. It was how I felt when he passed..

"I close my eyes
Just to try and see you smile one more time
But it’s been so long now all I do is cry
Can’t we find some love to take this away
‘Cause the pain gets stronger every day"

Love this song so much :wub: Need to listen to this now

Am I the only fan that doesn't really like this one that much? Maybe it's cause I'm a guy - DWA strikes me as a bit of a chics song.

I think it's a sweet song but in my opinion it goes a bit O.T.T towards the end with the backing singers

i love this song. when i became a fan in 09 and heard this song tears just rolled down. his voice is so powerful, filled with pain....... it's just amazing

I too love this song. It feels like its so personal for him and you can just feel the emotion pouring out. Makes you just want to hold him...sigh

This song is so sad and beautiful!

Michael’s vocals are so good on this. The emotion is just… at times unbearable, actually.

Back