Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

AmitLal92;4224829 said:
Crazy how Drake got an unreleased MJ track on his album. The song is pretty good, sure it’s a bit processed but it still sounds like Michael. Great to hear new vocals!

Crazy how Drake released a mj song. And his collaborator will.i.am couldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'all are acting like even touching Michael's vocals ruins his legacy or something :lmao:
It's a good song, some of y'all need to chill.

LEAVE M's STUFF ALONE AUBREY . You steal from artists dont start with michael you ****

Y'all are acting like even touching Michael's vocals ruins his legacy or something :lmao:

We're not saying it's terrible. It could've been amazing tho.

It is a bit of an insult, when you take MJ's perfect vocals and transform them into...that!

On the other hand, no publicity is bad publicity, right?! This song will bring Michael to the attention of a larger audience, since I'm sure Drake has got his own legion of young fans (have even heard cooments on Youtube that this tune will become a Drake classic)

The Estate are full of shit. They don't want to release any more music because it's not complete enough yet they'll give it to Drake to use? Fantastic.

Drake is such a terrible artist he actually managed to make a terrible Michael Jackson song.

If you want to do something current esatate ,why not abel(the weeknd) ?? why are you giving something like that to aubrey? to ruin. because fake just butchered m there !
why why why ? :( michael wouldnt allow this crap ! really angry and disappointed with this move!

Drake is a horrible artist and he managed to make Michael sound horrible too. But sadly he is one of the biggest artists right now, so if this song brings more publicity to Michael, then I’m ok with it.

Nite Line;4224842 said:
Drake is a horrible artist and he managed to make Michael sound horrible too. But sadly he is one of the biggest artists right now, so if this song brings more publicity to Michael, then I’m ok with it.

Although this is truth, Its not OK
Money over integrity EVERY TIME.
that's NOT ok.
SAD DAY.

Why did the Estate approve this mess?? Like AlwaysThere said what little respect I had for the Estate is now well and truly gone
Don't even get me started on what they did to Michael's vocals, I'm just going to say it's nice to hear some new vocals however butchered they may be

Michael only released 6 studio albums (and a remix album) as a man for a reason, he was about quality over quantity. He wanted something with legs that would stand up not a throwaway number 1, that quite frankly Drake is famous for, and here he is using Mike's priceless vocals to get sales or streams in fact because no one would pay for this poor excuse for music.

I can't believe we were told "no more unreleased music for the foreseeable future" only to be given with this s*** . I just hope the Estate does the right thing and release the demo from which this sample comes from regardless of how complete it is. Just put it on MJ's YouTube or his website

It's release's like this why people have no respect for my generation's music. Embarrassing they should have just got the Weeknd to impersonate Michael

Other than the weird stuff they did with the vocal .. I think this is a nice chill song. Could be a decent hit. It's already picking up steam online.

Why did the Estate allow this remix to happen, but said no when will.i.am tried to release his collaboration a few years ago?!

I imagine it was a principle thing. Will kept going public and effectively called the Estate vultures for releasing Michael's unfinished music without his consent, then flipped and asked for permission to release it himself. I probably wouldn't let him either.

The song aint that bad, after all, isnt this what you all wanted? New vocals/song etc

It's hard to enjoy it when the new production is horribly lackluster, Drake's vocals are (per usual) boring and borderline unlistenable, and the brief extract we get of Michael is horribly processed and chopped/screwed to the point of indistinguishability.

I would've rather gotten nothing if I'm honest.

It's hard to enjoy it when the new production is horribly lackluster, Drake's vocals are (per usual) boring and borderline unlistenable, and the brief extract we get of Michael is horribly processed and chopped/screwed to the point of indistinguishability.

I would've rather gotten nothing if I'm honest.

I agree with this 100%.

It’s a new MJ song. It’s a hit quit bitching or we will never get anything. It might not be perfect but does the job. Thanks Drake!

Some of the negativity on here is ridiculous and the song isn't bad at all it's actually good and will probably be a hit while bringing his voice to new generations. Embrace it!

I am disappointed, MJ's vocals seems autotune in accordance to drake's production.

After many, many listenings, I can enjoy this lol just wish his vocals weren't so processed.

Gotta say I like it its unheard MJ vocals and its a good tune,it had my work colleagues blasting this tune out all day.At the end of the day it gives MJ more airplay and notice to people who usually don't listen to his music.

After many, many listenings, I can enjoy this lol just wish his vocals weren't so processed.

Exactly. And would've preferred it to be solo but i gues it's too much to ask

Nite Line;4224842 said:

This happens when estate is full of idiot people......
Man! How can they give such precious vocals to these vulgar artists...... oh c'mon He made MJ's vocal autotuned......

The question is: Why did the Estate allow this remix to happen, but said no when will.i.am tried to release his collaboration a few years ago?!

I'm fairly sure will.i.am said there are no vocals on the songs he worked on with MJ.

This happens when estate is full of idiot people......
Man! How can they give such precious vocals to these vulgar artists...... oh c'mon He made MJ's vocal autotuned......

If it's a Paul Anka/MJ collaboration, then it's likely to be at least 50% owned by Anka, so I'd be blaming him for allowing Drake to use it, moreso than the Estate...or at least as much as the Estate. Calling the vocals "precious" is a little over-dramatic. LOL I barely know Drake's alive, so this is not going to make even one tiny ripple on my pond.

https://michaelcavacini.com/2018/03/22/a-conversation-with-paul-anka/

[FONT=&quot]You wrote “This Is It” and “Love Never Felt So Good” with Michael Jackson. Are there any other unreleased songs you wrote with Michael Jackson?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s funny you should mention that. I’m working with Drake right now, he’s a fellow Canadian. And one of the songs we’re working on is one of the Michael Jackson songs. More details will be revealed soon. It’s going to be great![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What was it like working with Michael Jackson?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was great. I’ve got an eclectic list of artists I’ve written and he was the most different. He wasn’t really a musician in the sense of Michael McDonald, Burt Bacharach, Kenny Loggins, or people like that. They’d play along with me in terms of back-and-forth, instrumentally. With Michael, everything was in his brain. Everything came out in sounds and he’d sing them out, and that would guide me on the piano, to know which direction to go. I wanted to move him into something a little different than what he had done. When they found those tracks we did together people said, “Wow, that’s very different.” Michael came to my guest house for a couple weeks. I had known him and his family since way back. They’d come to Caesar’s Palace and see my show in Vegas. So, he was obviously very talented. Jackson impressed me because he had the potential to be as important as he eventually got. He was shy, he wasn’t very pushy, and he knew what he wanted. Michael didn’t come off as a seasoned, professional writer. Michael was good for Michael, and I respected that. He just followed through, no problem. However, he did steal the tapes from our two weeks working together. When they eventually turned up, “This Is It” and “Love Never Felt So Good” saw the light of day.[/FONT]

I'm sitting here thinking...WTF! Why do ppl try to ruin a legacy by promoting fake tracks. Last time it was a whole album now a duet with his name on it like its him. THIS IS NOT MICHAEL JACKSON on this drake track. We have authentic multitracks & has heard this man's voice from top to bottom in a countless amount of vocal tracks,harmonies & mixes for several years but real og fans can't be fooled! It sounds mix with him & someone else. To prove to me it's him.... give me a raw demo

Hello there Weeknd..more like ["The Hills" Reprise ] ....:rolleyes:

Back