Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

I'm fairly sure will.i.am said there are no vocals on the songs he worked on with MJ.

Nah the estate claimed that which is a blatant lie. Not having vocals and vocals not existing are two different things. Will said that MJ took his vocals away with him so the possibility of a leak is lower.

wonderouzmj;4224875 said:
I'm sitting here thinking...WTF! Why do ppl try to ruin a legacy by promoting fake tracks. Last time it was a whole album now a duet with his name on it like its him. THIS IS NOT MICHAEL JACKSON on this drake track. We have authentic multitracks & has heard this man's voice from top to bottom in a countless amount of vocal tracks,harmonies & mixes for several years but real og fans can't be fooled! It sounds mix with him & someone else. To prove to me it's him.... give me a raw demo

Get a life. It’s Michael Jackson

Hopefully this gets to number one. That would mean that MJ had a number one SINGLE in 6 decades in the UK. Albums have been done already

Find it very odd MJ Estate claim no new music is going to be used and then this comes out. Do they know what they’re doing? Evidence would say no but this is ridiculous.

The funny part of this to me is even though Michaels voice was super altered... We can still tell it's him, meanwhile the Cascio tracks! haha

that says a lot actually

Seemed it was given from Paul Anka to Drake

For his next act, Paul Anka is collaborating with Drake

12th May 2018 Karnish M. T. Ottawa Citizen

Amid the reflection was a surprising tidbit about the future: The compact 74-year-old crooner with the smile that lights up a room has been working with the 31-year-old Toronto hiphop superstar Drake, of all people, on a new song that will be released in June. We had to know more. In a wide-ranging, hour-long interview Friday, a relaxed Anka, accompanied by his 12-year-old son, Ethan, and an assistant, revealed what he could about the unlikely collaboration. Here’s a portion of the conversation:

Q: What’s going on with Drake?

A: I’m really under a code of silence, you know how he is. It’s one song. It’ll be out in June. There was apprehension when we got together (because) you want to know people and you want to like them. I’m at the stage in my life that I don’t want to waste my time (but) he’s a good human being. The people around him are very smart, and he’s very smart, and I knew that the component I brought to the table that he would, as I told him, break the code, and it did. It just came together with him creatively and intellectually. We’ve got a great record.

Q: Any hints on the title?

A: No title yet. My contribution title is It Don’t Matter To Me. I don’t know if it’s going to be that. They haven’t made that decision. Right now it’s Drake’s record, and we’re respecting that.

Q: Do you sing on it?

A: I’m not sure yet. Maybe not. What I brought to the table has been my production. I think what we’re really doing here, and what you have to do with anything creative like that, is what’s best for the song. I’ve always worn many hats: publisher, writer, producer. So like on the (Michael) Jackson records, I was the producer and writer. When you hear the material, it speaks for itself.

https://wsoe.org/for-his-next-act-paul-anka-is-collaborating-with-drake/

I gotta say, I didn't expect this sort of reaction from fans.

It's interesting to see people who were up in arms over the Xscape remix treatment suddenly say that "Don't Matter to Me" opens up Michael's music and voice to a younger generation. Very unexpected.

I'm sitting here thinking...WTF! Why do ppl try to ruin a legacy by promoting fake tracks. Last time it was a whole album now a duet with his name on it like its him. THIS IS NOT MICHAEL JACKSON on this drake track. We have authentic multitracks & has heard this man's voice from top to bottom in a countless amount of vocal tracks,harmonies & mixes for several years but real og fans can't be fooled! It sounds mix with him & someone else. To prove to me it's him.... give me a raw demo

??*??

Hopefully this gets to number one. That would mean that MJ had a number one SINGLE in 6 decades in the UK. Albums have been done already

He didn't get a number one single in the 2000's in the UK? I don't believe he had a single chart entry in the 60s. He had a number one in the 70s as a part of the Jacksons. Four in the 80's (one of which was USA for Africa) and four in the 90s.

I have to say I don't hate this when I hear it. But Drake? I'd really have preferred these vocals to go to someone else.

Dude arw you stupid. If you think that's not mj. You clearly don't have ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last night when I first heard it, I think I was so annoyed by the fact they changed Michaels voice that I did not give the song a fair chance.. Michaels melody is actually really nice though!

The song would be 10x better to me though if they just took off whatever filters they have on his voice..

He didn't get a number one single in the 2000's in the UK? I don't believe he had a single chart entry in the 60s. He had a number one in the 70s as a part of the Jacksons. Four in the 80's (one of which was USA for Africa) and four in the 90s.

I have to say I don't hate this when I hear it. But Drake? I'd really have preferred these vocals to go to someone else.

Who gives a ffffffffff

I would be more forgiving of this if we were given the demo. Instead we've been given a heavily edited sample, that overshadows Michael Jackson's incredible vocal talent to blend with an average production

Don't get me wrong it's not unlistenable but it's disheartening to hear much they've edited Michael's stellar vocals, in search of a hit

SmoothCriminal1995;4224901 said:
I would be more forgiving of this if we were given the demo. Instead we've been given a heavily edited sample, that overshadows Michael Jackson's incredible vocal talent to blend with an average production

Don't get me wrong it's not unlistenable but it's disheartening to hear much they've edited Michael's stellar vocals, in search of a hit

In my opinion I think this is a very good production. Sounds like a genuine duet. Love this track! I’m sure the young listeners will enjoy it also. Doesn’t matter if his voice is processed. Drake’s voice is also processed so it suits this track.

I am getting goosebumps from this song. It’s been years since I felt this way. Finally I can hear a new vocal of his and I enjoy it greatly like I did when he released something when he was with us.

It sucks... this kind of music "currently" with robotic voices, it's terribly bad!
the instrument is flat without soul.
let them go to hell with their songs!

IMWhizzle;4224906 said:
In my opinion I think this is a very good production. Sounds like a genuine duet. Love this track! I’m sure the young listeners will enjoy it also. Doesn’t matter if his voice is processed. Drake’s voice is also processed so it suits this track.

I am getting goosebumps from this song. It’s been years since I felt this way. Finally I can hear a new vocal of his and I enjoy it greatly like I did when he released something when he was with us.

Hey it's all opinion's mate, I'm glad some people can enjoy it

after listening to the sample, it immediately this can to my mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wakj-jkRjI

Are we so desparate to bring "attention" back to his music? With THIS?!?!?!?

Michael doesn't need that kind of ****! He doesn't need current "atrists" to gain new fans. His original work does this itself.
LNFSG was ok. But, this Drake "thing" its so forgettable, that i'm forgetting about it, while i'm typing.

Yeah, we all would like to see MJ hitting #1 spot againor at least be bach in the charts. But for me, not like that. doubt this going to have any success, if it released.

P.S I prefer to listen to that "Take me Away" mash-up and guessing from which songs the vocals are taken. :D

Last edited:
Whatever;4224831 said:
Y'all are acting like even touching Michael's vocals ruins his legacy or something :lmao:
It's a good song, some of y'all need to chill.
My thoughts exactly, but on another note, if Drake drops this as a lead single which would be smart, I’d expect the same success as ‘Love Never Felt So Good probably better actually considering Drake’s successes with numerous genres. The album came out today and the word is out like a Kanye album drop, it might be on the radio by now actually. I like the way it sounds (very catchy beat & blend) coming from a “hardcore” MJ fan. It’ll be popular here in Michigan!

All this chat of number ones, I don't think Michael could lay claim to it even if it happened. It's just a guest vocal, it's not billed as a duet.

Holy Moly :) I've been listening to the whole thing over and over (it's now on youtube). It's a pitty for the autotune, but it is in tune with the rest of the song so to say. I can see why some people would think that's catchy.

That being said, I would love to hear the demo. But I'm afraid the vocals are not complete for this one...

This is OBVIOUSLY a good song. We get someone annoying every year who complains (No one listens to them). The Pitbull song, 6 years ago was awful, but this is good and you don't get to vote. Why are people so negative? They must be depressed, there is no other justification.

MJ Estate and Drake to release joint statement soon - source Alicia MJ Online Team

All this chat of number ones, I don't think Michael could lay claim to it even if it happened. It's just a guest vocal, it's not billed as a duet.

It's billed as Drake featuring Michael Jackson. That's a duet right?

Totally agree.
This is OBVIOUSLY a good song. We get someone annoying every year who complains (No one listens to them). The Pitbull song, 6 years ago was awful, but this is good and you don't get to vote. Why are people so negative? They must be depressed, there is no other justification.

Back