Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

This is OBVIOUSLY a good song. We get someone annoying every year who complains (No one listens to them). The Pitbull song, 6 years ago was awful, but this is good and you don't get to vote. Why are people so negative? They must be depressed, there is no other justification.

You could just accept that not everyone thinks the same things as you instead of telling them to shut up. Pretty sure you'll be happier that way.

Let's not be negative, you do it every time. Some releases are awful like the Pitbull release, but this is actually good. You don't get to vote lol.

It was nice of them to say absolutely nothing about this until fans contacted them about it lol.

Yeah they should have had a joint statement of some kind ready. Some reports seem to assume this was a late mj vocal though I don't know why. We all know it's an anka track.

Im lovin it and drake is a massive star at the minute, very pleasant surprise for me and I hope the song becomes a huge hit, Michael's fanbase is to diverse to please everyone, the complaining has become too predictable over the years

I think the over processed vocals on this track is shit! Just another way for Paul Anka who was still throwing shade towards MJ as a songwriter and who now calling him a thief can make $$$$$$$$$ A Conversation With Paul Anka https://michaelcavacini.com/2018/03/22/a-conversation-with-paul-anka/

What was it like working with Michael Jackson?

"It was great. I’ve got an eclectic list of artists I’ve written and he was the most different. He wasn’t really a musician in the sense of Michael McDonald, Burt Bacharach, Kenny Loggins, or people like that. They’d play along with me in terms of back-and-forth, instrumentally. With Michael, everything was in his brain. Everything came out in sounds and he’d sing them out, and that would guide me on the piano, to know which direction to go. I wanted to move him into something a little different than what he had done. When they found those tracks we did together people said, “Wow, that’s very different.” Michael came to my guest house for a couple weeks. I had known him and his family since way back. They’d come to Caesar’s Palace and see my show in Vegas. So, he was obviously very talented. Jackson impressed me because he had the potential to be as important as he eventually got. He was shy, he wasn’t very pushy, and he knew what he wanted. Michael didn’t come off as a seasoned, professional writer. Michael was good for Michael, and I respected that. He just followed through, no problem. However, he did steal the tapes from our two weeks working together. When they eventually turned up, “This Is It” and “Love Never Felt So Good” saw the light of day."

I don't understand the hatred towards this song. I do really think this is a good song. Like it or not, but Drake is the shit right now. I think the Estate did a good job by giving permission to use Michael's vocals on this song, this may lead to exposure of Michael towards of a new generation.
I really wish the Estate comes up with more collabs like this, including artists like The Weeknd, Beyonce and Madonna. We know what kind of passion and love these artists have towards MJ. So I don't understand why they are not approving collabs with these artists.

Stop the hatred. However, I agree that the Estate is full of crap. However, I like the song. It gives me a chill vibe. I can praise them for doing something good for once. Now lets hope this song attracts a new generation and it reaches the Billboard Hot 100 top 10.

Positive .. in NZ the song is charting in top 10 itunes and has pushed intterest in MJ bringing #1s back into the top 10 albums. Not bad!

drake is the worst 'rapper' and wannabe 'producer'. he already ruined Aaliyahs unreleased music and now he butchers MJ vocals.

horrible. he just degraded MJs out-of-world vocals to mediocre the weeknd style vocals. completely ruined.

sorry for my harsh words, but I'm really pissed. he prolly added this feature to have some famous name on his album.

the pitbull or bieber 'duet' were million miles better and actually listenable.

I don't understand the hatred towards this song. I do really think this is a good song. Like it or not, but Drake is the shit right now. I think the Estate did a good job by giving permission to use Michael's vocals on this song, this may lead to exposure of Michael towards of a new generation.
I really wish the Estate comes up with more collabs like this, including artists like The Weeknd, Beyonce and Madonna. We know what kind of passion and love these artists have towards MJ. So I don't understand why they are not approving collabs with these artists.

Stop the hatred. However, I agree that the Estate is full of crap. However, I like the song. It gives me a chill vibe. I can praise them for doing something good for once. Now lets hope this song attracts a new generation and it reaches the Billboard Hot 100 top 10.

drake is the worst 'rapper' and wannabe 'producer'. he already ruined Aaliyahs unreleased music and now he butchers MJ vocals.

horrible. he just degraded MJs out-of-world vocals to mediocre the weeknd style vocals. completely ruined.

sorry for my harsh words, but I'm really pissed. he prolly added this feature to have some famous name on his album.

the pitbull or bieber 'duet' were million miles better and actually listenable.

I disagree those duet were shit as well......I didn't like Michael or Xscape albums.....either put out the OG vocals or don't bother at all!

Drake messed with MJs voice too much. A poorly filtered overly processed vocal will never sound great. Bieber and co did a better job and there was nothing but moaning and outrage at that. This is very odd.

I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't a bad song, but it didn't feel like Michael Jackson singing, even though it obviously *was* him.

I don't know why people can't just leave his voice alone. This is the only Drake song I have ever heard, and I'm obviously not into his music enough to listen to more.

Worst posthumously released song! Awful. But the original song sounds amazing. It would be a nice song if Drake didn't rape it.

If he had just put unreleased vocals on his boring song it would have been good. But why ruin and process and auto-tune MJ's voice? If he just copied and pasted the vocals from the original song, more as a sample, it would be much better and probably amazing.

Was the original song leaked in the past?

No not publicly to my knowledge

I'll bet the demo sounds nothing like this. It's so processed and some notes are chopped to fit the melody that I doubt the demo is even a similar tempo. Fingers crossed we hear the demo to judge

I'll ask again: where was this support for charts and youth exposure during Xscape?

I'll ask again: where was this support for charts and youth exposure during Xscape?
Yeah you're right, this song is literally in most playlists on the Spotify homepage. Maybe because it's Drake and he's the most current artist. But if Drake were around in 1984, then Michael would be Mount Everest and Drake would be the Empire State Building. One fairly big, one out of this world.

I think many fans supported Xscape and I consider Xscape as a sucess.. Go back in the forum and you can find the chart-threads. Off course there were also fans complainig. It is what it is in this fan forums. The fans are devided, so much different opinions and no project, I say no project will change this. There will allways fans complainig.

I think many fans supported Xscape and I consider Xscape as a sucess.. Go back in the forum and you can find the chart-threads. Off course there were also fans complainig. It is what it is in this fan forums. The fans are devided, so much different opinions and no project, I say no project will change this. There will allways fans complainig.

There was definitely support, but the majority consensus seemed to be that it was wrong to alter Michael's music and present it as a finished product, which I could get behind to a degree. Then suddenly it's okay for this song? It's very odd.

Then song is good it's the filtering (especially the way it mixes with falsetto) that just makes Michael sound hallow, like hes singing through a tube.. it takes away from Michael's real voice so much it becomes annoying and in parts the pitch doesnt coexist with the sound of the song well.. I am all for sound effects and stuff but with a true vocalist like michael.. you make sure you have HIS voice on a song.

dam2040;4224883 said:
Find it very odd MJ Estate claim no new music is going to be used and then this comes out. Do they know what they’re doing? Evidence would say no but this is ridiculous.

Well, I wouldn't call this "new music". It's a sample, processed to within an inch of its life and put onto someone else's crappy Rap/R & B album. When they refer to new music, they mean complete MJ songs performed by MJ alone, not "featured".

Back