Dreamin' MJ x Will.I.Am

Screamin

Proud Member
So we finally have a few more details regarding the Will.i.Am x MJ track called Dreamin.... It samples the KRS-one song Cant wake up

Mj sang the chorus of

I'm dreaming about being a blunt
I'm running around and I just can't wake up, Hah!
I'm dreaming about being a blunt. Ho!
I'm walking around and I just can't wake up.

Here is the link to the interview

Beano Wild was already in the studio with AI Mike

I'm dreaming about being in love
I'm walking around and I can not wake up
Oh I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming

Last edited:
Jike said he'd record it, just waiting on him to get back to me and ill get that done.
How you gonna do the instrumental? He said it's the original but flipped like a QJ/Rod Temperton song. I just assumed it's a Baby Be Mine Sample.

Jike said he'd record it, just waiting on him to get back to me and ill get that done.
I'll say recreating Dreamin based on everything we have and know about it, melody, instrumental, lyrics, etc. sounds interesting. Closest way to being able to get an idea of how it sounded, because let's face it. We probably will never hear the real stuff

And then after all is done, mass-spam it directly to Will.I.Am (he hates this A.I stuff), just to make a point :)

I'll say recreating Dreamin based on everything we have and know about it, melody, instrumental, lyrics, etc. sounds interesting. Closest way to being able to get an idea of how it sounded, because let's face it. We probably will never hear the real stuff

And then after all is done, mass-spam it directly to Will.I.Am (he hates this A.I stuff), just to make a point :)
and add a verse from will.AI.am:

Baby where'd you get my Dreamin from?
Tell me where'd you get my Dreamin from.
Baby where'd you get my Dreamin from?
Tell me where'd you get my Dreamin from.

I got it from Beano.
I got it from Beano.
I got it from Beano.
I got it got it got got it?

Hate that song! Never understood what MJ was thinking choosing to work with him. Really. I can only understand it being due to "Where Is The Love" , and nothing else

Hate that song! Never understood what MJ was thinking choosing to work with him. Really. I can only understand it being due to "Where Is The Love" , and nothing else
it's only an idea for a verse, that fits Dreamin

I will repeat again, anyone who questions Will.I.Am as an artist, please give his album Songs About Girls a listen to see what his true potential could have been.

To me it's always been obvious that his record label forced him to make and release a song like "I Got It From My Mama" because they didn't think like that he was thinking outside of the Black Eyed Peas box.

Songs About Girls failed because of the lead single and he was forced to put out meh music for the rest of his career.

I will repeat again, anyone who questions Will.I.Am as an artist, please give his album Songs About Girls a listen to see what his true potential could have been.

To me it's always been obvious that his record label forced him to make and release a song like "I Got It From My Mama" because they didn't think like that he was thinking outside of the Black Eyed Peas box.

Songs About Girls failed because of the lead single and he was forced to put out meh music for the rest of his career.
Everything Will did with Sergio Mendes also deserves kudos. He is talented and good at music, quite underrated. But unfortunately that's overshadowed by the stereotypical sounds he tends to go for. And his lyricism is his weakest point still. As a producer I will always go to bat for him though.

Also you kinda have to study wills sound back then if you wanna create an accurate rendition of "this" song.

Back