Elizabeth Taylor was Bad Influence in Michael's Life

If anyone has ever had a narcissist in their lives, you would understand the extremely subtle upper/power they have over you. They use manipulation in the craftiest way to exert influence over you. Most times their victims don't realize they are being used because of the loving feelings they are getting from the manipulator. If you've never had a narcissist in your life, I can see why this thread would seem odd. But you've ever experienced a narcissist in your life, you would understand to look deeper and not take things at face value. This is what I did when I read about Michael and Elizabeth's relationship.

Reactions: xam
Just being a friend doesn't automatically make someone a "good-influence" in someone's life. A friend could over-indulge you in things that you shouldn't be indulged in. A friend can lead you down the wrong path. Like two alcoholics could be good friends but REALLY bad influences for each other. Elizabeth maybe have understood him, but she didn't help him get OUT of his self-pity. If fact she seemed to have further victimized him.

A real friends strengthens you. Elizabeth seemed to have indulged and further victimized, "poor-babied" Michael. All that feels good, feels loving - but doesn't help a person overcome their problems in life.

I agree, Michael probably wanted to be associated with old-Hollywood. Hence his relationships with many of them.

:)

In the biography "Elizabeth and Michael: The Queen of Hollywood and the King of Pop" the author claims that often Elizabeth would refused to go to an event with Michael unless he gifted her with diamonds. That does NOT sound like a friend at all. Anyone who does that is using you. Period.

As far as I know, IF it's true, it was a particular event, the 30th Anniversary concert at MSG. Michael had the last laugh on that one. He gave her a jewellery set to wear that, unbeknownst to her, was on loan from a high-end jewellery store and she was required to return it the next day!

As far as I know, IF it's true, it was a particular event, the 30th Anniversary concert at MSG. Michael had the last laugh on that one. He gave her a jewellery set to wear that, unbeknownst to her, was on loan from a high-end jewellery store and she was required to return it the next day!
How do you know it was unbeknownst to her?

I actually recall what Mikky Dee stated in a book, of course a book is written by a person lol! and cannot be confirmed by anyone but Liz - but I do remember that account. I am trying to remember what book... thinking cap on!

It all sounds exactly like silly things good friends would actually do, lol!

Just being a friend doesn't automatically make someone a "good-influence" in someone's life. A friend could over-indulge you in things that you shouldn't be indulged in. A friend can lead you down the wrong path. Like two alcoholics could be good friends but REALLY bad influences for each other. Elizabeth maybe have understood him, but she didn't help him get OUT of his self-pity. If fact she seemed to have further victimized him.

A real friends strengthens you. Elizabeth seemed to have indulged and further victimized, "poor-babied" Michael. All that feels good, feels loving - but doesn't help a person overcome their problems in life.

But what if FRIENDS need to make their friends to GET UP sometimes and do things they don't want to do but for their own good!
To say "Yes" and "Do as you wish" not always what TRUE friends should do, IMO. Elizabeth understood Michael's feelings and could also understand what things will be good for him at the end...

To look deeper?! It all depends in what "direction" to look deeper. You chose not to trust because of some book you've read or because of your personal experience. Good for you.
But I trust Michael and I believe in Elizabeth's sincerity by the way they both lived their lives! They were together through too many struggles.

Friends or even parents can do mistakes time after time. What counts is an intention. No book will make me believe that Elizabeth wanted something bad for Michael or used him for anything...

Michael had strong organs when he died, his autopsy revealed. He wasn't a drug addict, okay?

Michael left the United States for awhile, after the 2005 trial. He had his own life to lead, which included raising young children. Michael did return to the US by 2007. Elizabeth had a birthday party in Las Vegas, in 2007, she was frail, she was 75. I don't think it hurt Elizabeth's feelings, especially if the reason Michael didn't attend was because of his brother acting like a two year old. Debbie Reynolds was there and Debbie and Elizabeth were enemies for a long time, on account of Eddie Fisher. Eddie and Debbie were married and Elizabeth fooled around with Eddie and then Debbie and Eddie divorced and Elizabeth married Eddie, all back in the 1950's. Carrie Fisher explains this in one of her Shows that she taped for broadcast.

Michael loved old Hollywood, it is why he hung out with the stars from the golden era of Hollywood. Michael sought these people out. He had grown up with them. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were the it couple it seemed like forever. I know Elizabeth made a big deal of owning jewelry, competing against the Queen of England, but it obviously didn't end Michael and Elizabeth's friendship, if Michael was behind Elizabeth wearing fancy pieces to Michael's 30th Anniversary in NYC. It would give the appearance of Elizabeth being so petty and shallow, which I don't think she was. She was aging and slowing down in life. She comes across as more forgiving than being bitter, with her reconciliation with Debbie Reynolds at her 75th birthday celebration. I honestly think Elizabeth would've understood that Michael was concerned about Randy Jackson creating a scene at her birthday party. Randy was probably timing it on account of Michael was going to Japan with their mother around that same time and Randy wanted his money back. Brian Oxman recently talked about Randy paying out millions for the 2005 trial and even though Randy Jackson took money from the fans back in the day through a Michael Jackson website, he still wanted to be repaid and Michael was leaving town with their mother around the same time as Elizabeth's birthday bash in Las Vegas! Got it!?

Mikky Dee;4241344 said:

barbee0715;4241480 said:

KOPV;4241501 said:
I actually recall what Mikky Dee stated in a book, of course a book is written by a person lol! and cannot be confirmed by anyone but Liz - but I do remember that account. I am trying to remember what book... thinking cap on!

It was unbeknownst to her, according to Donald Bogle’s book ‘Elizabeth & Michael’.

Here is the relevant part about that necklace which Liz Taylor wore in the 2001 MSG event:

… Apparently, Taylor was enraged, not so much by the request for the necklace, which she had indeed assumed was a gift, but that she was treated in such an impersonal way by one of Michael’s attorney’s. She had the necklace returned, but she wouldn’t speak to Michael for months …” (Donald Bogle)

It seems the entire story about that necklace is true.

Cartier Ruby Suite, 1957

Todd (third husband Mike Todd) presented her with a Cartier diamond-and-ruby set while she was taking a swim. She wrote: "I got out and put my arms around him, and he said, 'Wait a minute, don't joggle your tiara.' Because I was wearing the tiara he had bought for me in the pool! He was holding a red leather box, and inside was a ruby-and-diamond bib necklace, which glittered in the warm light. It was like the sun, lit up and made of red fire. First Mike put it around my neck and smiled. Then he bent down and put matching earrings on me. Next came the bracelet. Since there was no mirror around, I had to look into the water. The jewelry was glorious, rippling red on blue like a painting. I shrieked with joy, put my arms around Mike's neck, and pulled him into the pool after me. It was a perfect summer day and a day of perfect love."

Top, wearing the piece in 2001 at an N.Y.C. event with Michael Jackson. Inset, home-video footage of Taylor receiving the jewelry, 1957.

https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/elizabeth-taylors-most-memorable-jewelry?slide=249586#249586

It looks like the story in NOT true. Her jewelry came from her third husband in 1957. Michael was not even born yet!

mj_frenzy;4241937 said:
It was unbeknownst to her, according to Donald Bogle’s book ‘Elizabeth & Michael’.

Here is the relevant part about that necklace which Liz Taylor wore in the 2001 MSG event:

“… Apparently, Taylor was enraged, not so much by the request for the necklace, which she had indeed assumed was a gift, but that she was treated in such an impersonal way by one of Michael’s attorney’s. She had the necklace returned, but she wouldn’t speak to Michael for months …” (Donald Bogle)

It seems the entire story about that necklace is true.
Lol. Why? Because Bogle put it in his book? Anyone corroborate this story? Highly doubt it.

barbee0715;4242029 said:
Lol. Why? Because Bogle put it in his book? Anyone corroborate this story? Highly doubt it.

That is exclusive information (in Bogle's book) which does not necessarily have to be further corroborated.

Besides, MJ could not afford at that time to buy such expensive gifts, especially considering the fact that he was practically in debt, not even being able to pay by himself the recording expenses of the ‘Invincible’ album.

Also, Liz Taylor did not know that this necklace was on loan, because she would never have accepted to wear a borrowed piece of jewelry in a public event.

the truth is we dont even know for sure if Michael knew it was out on a loan.. It's possible he told his handlers to get Liz a beautiful necklace and they did it knowing his financial standing more so than Michael himself. It's pretty clear Michael was not the most... aware person when it comes to his finances.

mj_frenzy;4242112 said:
That is exclusive information (in Bogle's book) which does not necessarily have to be further corroborated.

Besides, MJ could not afford at that time to buy such expensive gifts, especially considering the fact that he was practically in debt, not even being able to pay by himself the recording expenses of the ‘Invincible’ album.

Also, Liz Taylor did not know that this necklace was on loan, because she would never have accepted to wear a borrowed piece of jewelry in a public event.
According to the Instyle story that Ali Cat posted above, it has the backstory of the ruby and diamond necklace. It also appears she was not above borrowing jewelry for a public event, as she borrowed that "daisy" necklace just to match her Valentino dress-but bought it later.

Lead-Liz-830.jpg

So, michael was supposed to never move out of his parent's house? That doesn't make sense.

Back