Elvis Presley

@zinniabooklover do we have this on her thread too?

ah , thanks ..i cant remember im overwhelmed ...ill go go check.
i will
I just had a quick look and can't see it. In fact, I know I was intending to post it bc, omg, the little guitar (unless it's a ukelele, lol). But I can't see it from either of us. I only checked 3 or 4 pages but I don't think it's there. I think you should go ahead and post it. Such a brilliant photo.

@Michaels Lover Just sharing your link over here too.

Lisa Marie Presley's life will be honored with a public memorial service at Graceland. The daughter of Elvis Presley died on Thursday, Jan. 12 at the age of 54.
"Riley, Harper, Finley, and Priscilla are grateful for the support, well-wishes, and outpouring of love honoring their beloved Lisa Marie," a representative has confirmed.
"A public memorial service has been arranged on the front lawn of Graceland at 9:00 am on Sunday, January 22 in Memphis. Please visit www.graceland.com for more information. In lieu of flowers, the family encourages all who wish to send something to do so in the form of a donation to The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation."

The resemblance to her Dad is so strong.

iu

Currently reading a 1977 bio of Elvis. On Page 70 - 71 there is this:

"Fan clubs for Elvis at the same time were organised throughout the country with membership cards. The instructions to Elvis Fan Club members read: 'To be members in good standing each week you must send out five postcards to a disc jockey in your vicinity, and follow it up with ten phone calls a week to the radio stations, demanding Elvis' records.' "

I love this but it puts today's streaming parties in the shade. This involves way more hard work than just streaming something all night while you sleep, lol. Anyway, the quote continues:

"Girls formed Elvis Presley clubs of their own which met at their various homes for Elvis - record sessions. They would scream and cry at every record with over-wrought emotions."

The quotes are included in - 'Elvis: Lonely Star At The Top' by David Hanna - but originally come from a book by May Mann called The Private Elvis.

R.I.P. Cynthia Weil who co-wrote this song with Barry Mann

I Just Can't Help Believin' - 1970

4m 38s

It's Only Make Believe (although i know its Conway Twitty's song)
Wooden Heart. those two songs.

I really liked that period where every artist was covering other artists songs, this way many songs became evergreens. More modern music never got this treatment

"If ever there was a single record that could lay claim to truly starting the Rock and Roll era, it must be Elvis Presley’s first single ‘That’s all right (Mama)’, recorded in Memphis in July 5, 1954. Producer Sam Phillips of Sun Records gave an acetate of the recording to his friend, the local radio station disc jockey Dewey Phillips (no relation) only two days later. What happened next helped create the Elvis legend.

Such was the interest that Dewey reportedly had to play the song a total of 14 times during the show as the station phone rang off the hook. Elvis was summoned to the studio for a live interview the same night, and 12 days later the single was released, with Blue Moon of Kentucky as the B side."

Back