EVERYTHING KNOWN ABOUT POST-INVINCIBLE SONGS (2002-2009).

ChanceToDance

Proud Member
Not all songs on the list were made after Invincible, but I still put them on the list because they were reworked after the Invincible album.

Some of the descriptions are based on rumors, there may be some info that can be proven incorrect later on.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A Ballad Possibly Featuring John Legend:
Song made in the Will.i.am sessions.

Adore You:
Song first made for Invincible but was worked throughout the later years, claimed to be similar to "Will You Be There". Has no vocals.

Note: Brad Buxer recorded a 30-person choir in his home for the song.

All In Your Name:
Song made with Barry Gibbs in 2002, released later in 2011.

Akon Songs:
Concept ideas made with Akon, only Hold My Hand was complete enough for a release.

A Place With No Name:
Reimagining of A Horse With No Name by America made in 1998, reworked in 2004 for The Ultimate Collection with Michael Prince and again in 2008 with Neff-U. 2008 version was eventually released on Xscape.

Bang Your Head:
Produced by Neff-U.

Beatbox 2010:
Produced by Michael Prince.

Beautiful Girl:
Song first made in 1998 and released on The Ultimate Collection, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Best Of Joy:
Song first recorded back in 1981 as "The Toy" for Richard Pryor's movie "The Toy", later turned into Best Of Joy during Dangerous, then re-recorded in November 2008 and remixed by Neff-U in 2010, 2008 demo is claimed to just be a drum machine loop and a Fender Rhodes keyboard played by Brad Buxer, also includes a third verse with the lyrics being:
"Remember the times you said your life was through?
That’s when I held and carried you
These arms that took hold of you, I am forever
I am the rock that stands on solid ground
I am that friend always around
Nothing can hurt you”

Boy No:
Incomplete song with scratch vocals. Verses describe "seeing the city lights, being alone, and having nowhere to go." Chorus lyrics goes: “Boy, no/ [We/they] ain’t got a place for [you/me] to stay.”

Breed:
MJ's last song made with Deepak Chopra just days before his death, snippets are available on YT under the name "River Ripple". Lyrics were going to be:
"The trees are our lungs, the air is our breath
The rivers and waters are our circulation
The earth is our body"

Broken Chair:
Instrumental produced by Neff-U.

Can You:
Made in the Will.i.am sessions, vocals were recorded but the song isn't complete.

Can't Stop Lovin' You:
Unknown.

Coco Butter:
Unknown, has no vocals

Cheater:
Song first made in 1986, reworked for Invincible with Rodney Jerkins featuring rapper Fats, released on The Ultimate Collection and later reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Chicago 1945:
Song first written in December 1982 and recorded in 1983. The song was reworked with Rodney Jerkins for Invincible, later in 2004 for The Ultimate Collection, again before Michael's death and in 2014 for the album Xscape. Song talks about a mysterious disappearance in Chicago in the 40s and makes various Chicago citations (The World's Fair, Chicago local newspaper, etc...), known lyrics are:
“It was Chicago, 1945…
Three girls disappeared on a cold windy night,
never to be found again, never to be found again!"

“Who solved the mystery late Chicago night?
Ya can’t hide the truth so won’t ya turn on the light?”

"NOBODY CARES! On the cover of the Chicago Tribune, pictures of the world's fair."

“Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!
Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!"
Note: Song is a uptempo synth pop with vocals described as being similar to Behind The Mask, around 5-6 minutes of length.

Classical Music Album:
Michael planned to work on a classical music album with composer David Michael Frank in 2009, Michael had showed him 2 demo pieces he had written, "One he had not recorded it, he hummed it to me as I sat at the keyboard in his pool house and we figured out the cords" claims Frank.

Dark Lady/H2O:
Produced by Neff-U, rumoured to have a "Quasi-Arabic" chorus, with a bass riff that compares to Queen's "Under Pressure", with synth orchestra hits. Verses are claimed to be incomplete but chorus is releasable.

Days In Gloucestershire/Gloucestershire:
Song made in 2004 inspired by Michael's memories of touring with his brothers during the J5 days, largely incomplete as it only includes a verse and a chorus, claimed to be further worked in 2008 but it's unknown how much of it was worked.

Note: Song was leaked in 2014.

D.I.E:
Produced by Neff-U and Michael Prince. It's a rock song described as “epic. Hard hitting drums and bass with really strong strings. It also has these moments where the music stops and a haunting choir type thing comes in creating an ominous build, then the beat drops again.”

Don't Make Me Stay:
Produced by Neff-U. The song has a scratch vocal recorded in a distance from the microphone. Is similar to "Runaway" by Janet JAckson.

Don't Walk Away:
Unknown, unrelated to the song from Invincible. Is said to only be an instrumental.

Escape/Xscape:
Made for Invincible in 1999, mixed again in 2001, leaked in 2002 but was reworked for The Ultimate Collection in 2004.

Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star:
Unknown.

Fly Girl:
Song released on Will.i.am's album "Songs About Girls", co-written by MJ, version with Michael's vocals is unknown to exist.

For The World:
Claimed to be a poem shown in the "Making of MICHAEL album" documentary.

From The Bottom Of My Heart/Bottom Of My Heart:
Rework of I Have This Dream with Brad Buxer, although I Have This Dream was nearly finished it was reworked once again because Michael wasn't satisfied with the vocal delivery. Is said to be an instrumental.

Get Your Weight Off Of Me:
Song made for Invincible, but was mixed for The Ultimate Collection in 2004, song is similar to Invincible and Privacy and talks about accumulating pressures and haters.

Ghost Of Another Lover:
Song first made in 1989/1990 with Thom Russo, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Note: 1990 demo was leaked in 2017.

Green Hornet Groove:
Instrumental produced by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince for Seth Rogen's film The Green Hornet.

Heat Of The Night:
Made with Barry Gibbs in 2002, claimed to only have the chorus.

He Who Makes The Sky Gray:
One of the 3 songs made in Bahrain with Jermaine Jackson and Abdullah bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, implied by backing vocalist Kim Chandler that the song includes vocals in some form.
"The track was done a while ago now and was called He Who Makes The Sky Gray, but has not been released to date and I don't know if it will ever be...Michael's vocals were already down, so we didn't get to meet him unfortunately..."

Hold My Hand:
Duet between MJ and Akon, song was written for Whitney Houston but made it to Akon and then gave to Mj. Song is claimed by the Estate to be the lead single of Michael's planned comeback album. Song leaked in 2008 and was remixed in 2010 for the album MICHAEL.

Hollywood/Hollywood Tonight:
Song first made in 1998 and reworked throughout 2008, song was remixed in 2010 by Teddy Riley and Neff-U for the album MICHAEL.

Note: Although the bridge on the demo was unfinished, Michael wrote the lyrics and the lyrics were going to be:
"She's a streetwalker at her age,
She's young and she's afraid.
She sells her body to get paid,
It's too much for a girl her age.
Police is stalking her today,
They now know she ran away.
She is running 'cause she's scared..."

"She doesn't even have a ticket,
She doesn't even have a way back.
She's lost and she's alone,
there's no place for her to go.
She is young and she is cold,
Just like her father told her so."

I Am A Loser:
Song made in 2003 inspired by the breakup of Brad Buxer and his ex-girlfriend, multiple takes were recorded for it, the one leaked is the last take made before song was reworked in 2008.

Note: Full song was leaked in 2013.

I Am That One:
Unknown.

I Have This Dream:
Song was first made in 1999 with Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster, song wasn't completed in time for Invincible but was reworked in 2002 for a songwriting contest, it was reworked again in 2004 and was worked throughout 2006. Song was gonna feature BabyFace, R Kelly, O'Jays, Jermaine Jackson, Shirley Caesar, Snoop Dogg, Keisha Cole and Ciara. It is said by the owner of 2 Sea Records that the song is "A message of peace and help and caring. It's a song of total oneness."

I'm Dreamin':
Nothing known except Will.i.am tried to release the song on his album Willpower, but the Estate didn't give him permission.

I'm Still The King/Still The King:
Song is about Michael's influence on younger generations of artists but that he's still the king. It's rumoured that the snippets shown on the Access Hollywood interview was Still The King, but it's not known for certain, song played on the interview can be heard here at 17:00 to 18:30:

Note: Song was planned to feature artists such as Justin Timberlake, Ne-Yo, Usher, Chris Brown and Omarion but it never came to fruition. It's unknown if Michael ever recorded his vocals.

In The Back:
Song written in 1994 and reworked for Invincible, song was reworked once again in 2004 and released on The Ultimate Collection.

Is She Coming Back:
Unknown.

I Want You To Stay (Marsha Ambrosius):
Song was written for Michael, after his death she completed and released the song on her album Late Nights & Early Mornings.

I Was The Loser/The Loser:
Rework of I Am A Loser as Michael didn't feel comfortable with one aspect of the song, only difference is the chorus that now goes "I Was The Loser" instead of "I Am A Loser".

If We Still Love:
Song made in the Will.i.am's sessions.

King Tutankhamen:
Instrumental recorded in 2008.

Lady Of Summer:
Classical piece produced by Neff-U.

Leaving Today To Behind:
Unknown.

Light The Way:
One of the 3 songs made in Bahrain. Song is a balld with a hoir section intro with the only vocals on the song being a choir on the chorus singing "Light the way, let's pray for peace."

Lonely Bird:
Unknown, may be a rework of the song mentioned in the Mexico Deposition.

Loving You:
Demo made in 2003 by Brad Buxer and Frank Cascio but Michael never recorded it. Song was auctioned in 2014 by Frank Cascio.

Michael's Affirmation:
Spoken word piece dedicated to Roy Horn (of Siegfried & Roy), who was healing from an onstage tiger attack in October 2003. “Photographs” is used as incidental background music.

Miss You/I Will Miss You:
Song made in tribute to James Brown's death, rumoured to be one of the few complete songs from Will.i.am's sessions.

Ne-Yo Songs:
6 songs that Ne-Yo sent to Michael, Michael would tell Ne-Yo to change certain parts of the songs and to make them as "melodic as possible", Ne-Yo would send the songs back to Michael but he never recorded them.

Photographs:
Instrumental produced by Brad Buxer.

Red Eye:
Guitar track with Chinese influence. Reworked/Planned to be reworked by Michael in London.

RedOne Songs:
As of 2021 RedOne claims to have only 1 releasable song, others would require guest vocalists, song talks about "love", one song in particular was never recorded but was given to Bruno Mars, song also remains unreleased. Songs are said to be "energetic" and "uplifting".

Remember What I Told You/Just Remember:
Song recorded at Michael's Vegas home in 2008. 90 seconds in length. Similar to “Speechless”. opens acappella and “builds into an epic finale.”

Rocker:
Song with rock aspects, has vocals throughout the song but with an incoherent lyrical narrative, has screaming/guitar solo in the final leg, similar to Queen's We Will Rock You. The only coherent lyrics are "The world is one big melting pot of life".

Rock Tonight:
Instrumental. Unrelated to the song "Rocker"

Scared Of The Moon:
Song first made in 1985 inspired by a story that Brooke Shields told Michael about her half sister. The song was worked throughout Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible, 1985 demo was released on The Ultimate Collection but was reworked/planned to be reworked before his death.

Silent Spring:
Produced by Neff-U. Is said to be an instrumental.

She Don't Want Me:
Allegedly sounds like The Way You Make Me Feel but modernized, only a few lines were recorded that presumably would've been the chorus.

Shut Up And Dance:
Incomplete dance track worked with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland for Invincible, reworked/planned to be reworked with Neff-U before Michael's death. Said to only have Eric Kirkland singing on the demo.

Stop Play (Usher & T-Pain):
Song was gonna feature Michael Jackson, but Michael stepped down after the song leaked.

Stop Throwing Your Life Away/Throwing Your Life Away:
Worked with Neff-U before Michael's death, most of the vocals come from the 80's, has synthesizer overdubs throughout the song, song overall is identical to the 1988 version.

Thank Heaven:
Song first made in 1998, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Think Twice:
Unknown.

Third Barry Gibbs Song:
Unknown, said to be only an instrumental piece.

The Future:
Dance track that talks about environmental issues, has a "killer latin beat", rumoured to be one of the few complete songs from Will.i.am's sessions, Will.i.am describes it as being "like a contemporary Off The Wall".

The Way You Love Me/Ways You Love Me:
Song first made in 1998 with the working title Hanson, released on The Ultimate Collection and reworked again in 2008 with more backing vocals added, song was remixed by Neff-U for the MICHAEL album.

Too Late To Turn Back Now:
Unknown, Michael planned to record the vocals in London.

True (Brandy):
Song made by RedOne and Claude Kelly, originally written for Michael but was later rewritten to fit a female perspective.

Water (not to be mistaken with the Cascio track Water):
Song written and recorded between 2006-2009, production is described as "complex" with water droplets throughout the song, only the chorus was ever recorded which Michael sings in "This Is It" right after rehearsing Billie Jean, lyrics goes:
"Inches of water, water, trying to take a piece of my mind
Inches of water, water, trying to take a piece of my time."

We've Had Enough:
Song made with Carol Bayer Sager and Rodney Jerkins for invincible, song was reworked in 2004 and released on The Ultimate Collection.

What You Do To Me:
Song made in 1985 for the Bad album and reworked for Invincible, later on reworked with Neff-U before Michael's death. Song is said to be similar to Loving You from 1985 and Fly Away.

World Of Candy/Wonderful World Of Candy:
Duet with Nisha Kataria intended for a children charity project, but due to the late 2003 child molestation accusations and the resulting arrest on the 18th November of that year, the track had been dropped. Said by Joe Jackson to be a beautiful duet.

You Are So Beautiful:
Written in tribute to Michael's fans in support of the trials, is said to never have been recorded.

You Were There:
Unknown, may be a rework of the song performed on Sammy Davis's 60th anniversary.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: Man In The Music, For The Record, podcasts, U.S. Copyright Office, theguardian, Damien Shields, Korgnex and various posts from this forum, mainly by travis3000, AlwaysThere and Alec.

Last edited:
Nice list. Thanks for creating it.

Thank you for this thread. Even though I always have deja vu feelings of threads like this it also always make me read them with careful attention. I spend half an hour reading your post lol

My most wanted from this list: rocker, adore you, miss you, H20 and the 3 Bahrain recordings

Least wanted I’m still the king ( that title ugh)

Thank you for the kind words! The list has been updated and I put more links, songs and extra info.

Did anyone see this clip of Neyo talking about the Michael Jackson songs. 6 are finished, but MJ never recorded them. He would after the This Is It tour. Neyo talks about it at 24 minutes and 30 seconds:

Thank you for sharing! I'll put this interview in place of the old one if you don't mind.

ugh...neyo man just put them on soundcloud!
come onnnnnnn man!
how are all these people sitting on these songs my mind just cant accept that!
wheres the john legend duet why hasn't he said anything about that
and im dying to hear the david foster song,ill probably never will i just have to accept that

Great list.

I am really interested in hearing Adore You, Best of Joy (Complete Version), Cheater (Invincible Version), Chicago 1945, D.I.E, Rocker & The Future the most.

Great list.

Best of Joy (Complete Version)
Are you telling me the version on “Michael” isn’t even the full song?
Obviously this will go on my most wanted list too.

Michael would have killed that Ambrosius track! She got some human nature ish falsetto in there for him

Last edited:
Are you telling me the version on “Michael” isn’t even the full song?
Obviously this will go on my most wanted list too.

Michael would have killed that Ambrosius track! She got some human nature ish falsetto in there for him

Third verse is missing because of royaliyes AFAIK

I just can't help myself, but the lyrics for the Best of Joy full version (with the unheard verse) are wrong in the OP according to a source

The story about the third verse of BOJ being written by Rod Temperton and cut due to royalties has not been confirmed and IIRC has been disputed.

Last edited:
I just can't help myself, but the lyrics for the Best of Joy full version (with the unheard verse) are wrong in the OP according to a source

These are the ones I've seen posted before

“I am your joy, your best of joy
I am the moonlight, you are the spring
Our life’s a sacred thing
You know I always will love you, I am forever
Remember the times you said your life was through?
Nothing can hurt you”

Nothing can hurt you”
Bingo!

Still a mystery as to why they cut it from the released version. Then again, lots of mysteries with the production of that album

Not all songs on the list were made after Invincible, but I still put them on the list because they were reworked after the Invincible album.

Any correction or addition is appreciated.

A Ballad Possibly Featuring John Legend:
Song made in the Will.i.am sessions.

Adore You:
Song first made for Invincible but was worked throughout the later years, claimed to be similar to "Speechless" and "Will You Be There".

Note: Brad Buxer recorded a 30-person choir in his home for the song.

All In Your Name:
Song made with Barry Gibbs in 2002, released later in 2011.

Bang Your Head:
Produced by Neff-U.

Beatbox 2010:
Produced by Michael Prince.

Beautiful Girl:
Song first made in 1998 and released on The Ultimate Collection, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Best Of Joy:
Song first recorded back in 1981 as "The Toy", later turned into Best Of Joy during Dangerous, then re-recorded in late october 2008 and remixed by Neff-U in 2010, 2008 demo is claimed to just be a drum machine loop and a Fender Rhodes keyboard played by Brad Buxer, also includes a third verse with the lyrics being:

Note: Acapella was leaked to the internet in 2015 and you can hear a bit of the demo's instrumental.

Boy No:
Rumoured to be similar to Days in Gloucestershire, Beautiful Girl and Human Nature, only has a verse and a chorus.

Breed/Breath:
MJ's last song made with Deepak Chopra just days before his death, snippets are available on YT under the name "River Ripple". Lyrics were going to be:

Broken Chair:
Produced by Neff-U.

Can You:
Made in the Will.i.am sessions, rumoured to be incomplete.

Can't Stop Lovin' You:
Unknown.

Coco Butter:
Unknown, snippets available on YT are claimed to be fake.

Changes:
First worked for Bad and then reworked for History, allegedly reworked again with Brad Buxer before his departure.

Cheater:
Song first made in 1986, reworked for Invincible with Rodney Jerkins featuring rapper Fats, released on The Ultimate Collection and later reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Chicago 1945:
Song first made in 1984, reworked for HIStory, Invincible and later in 2004, may have been considered for The Ultimate Collection.

Classical Music Album:
Michael planned to work on a classical music album with composer David Michael Frank in 2009, Michael had showed him 2 demo pieces he had written, "One he had had not recorded it, he hummed it to me as I sat at the keyboard in his pool house and we figured out the cords" claims Frank.

Dark Lady/H2O:
Rumoured to have a "Quasi-Arabic" chorus, with a bass riff that compares to Queen's "Under Pressure", with synth orchestra hits. Verses are claimed to be incomplete but chorus is releasable.

Days In Gloucestershire:
Song made in 2004 inspired by Michael's memories of touring with his brothers during the J5 days, largely incomplete as it only includes a verse and a chorus, claimed to be further worked in 2008 but it's unknown how much of it was worked.

Note: Song was leaked to the internet in 2014.

D.I.E:
Initials are claimed to stand for Dance Is Entertainment, it's a rock song produced by Neff-U and Michael Prince.

Endt It:
Produced by Neff-U.

Escape/Xscape:
Made for Invincible in 1999, mixed again in 2001, leaked in 2002 but was reworked for The Ultimate Collection in 2004.

Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star:
Unknown.

Fly Girl:
Song released in Will.i.am's album "Songs About Girls", co-written by MJ, version with Michael's vocals is unknown to exist.

For The World:
Claimed to be a poem shown in the "Making of MICHAEL album" documentary.

From The Bottom Of My Heart:
Rework of I Have This Dream, although I Have This Dream was nearly finished it was reworked once again and is said to feature only an unusable guide vocal.

Get Your Weight Off Of Me:
Song made for Invincible, but was mixed for The Ultimate Collection in 2004, song is similar to Invincible and Privacy and talks about accumulating pressures and haters.

Ghost Of Another Lover:
Song first made in 1989/1990 with Thom Russo, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Note: 1990 demo was leaked to the internet in 2017.

Green Hornet Groove:
Produced by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince.

Heat Of The Night:
Made with Barry Gibbs in 2002.

He Who Makes The Sky Grey:
One of the 3 songs made in Bahrain, state of completion is unknown.

Hold My Hand:
Duet between MJ and Akon, song was written for Whitney Houston but made it to Akon and then gave to Mj. Song is claimed by the Estate to be the lead single of Michael's comeback album. Song leaked in 2008 and then remixed in 2010 for the album MICHAEL.

Hollywood/Hollywood Tonight:
Song first made in 1999 and reworked throughout 2008, song was remixed in 2010 by Teddy Riley and Neff-U for the album MICHAEL.

Note: 1999 demo and Neff-U remix were leaked to the internet in 2014, the Neff-U remix is seen to be the most faithful to the original demo.

I Am A Loser:
Song made in 2003 inspired by the breakup of Brad Buxer and his ex-girlfriend, multiple takes were recorded for it, the one leaked is the last take made before song was reworked in 2008.

Note: Full song was leaked in 2013.

I Am That One:
Unknown.

I Have This Dream:
Song was first made in 1999 with Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster, song wasn't completed in time for Invincible but was reworked in 2002 for a songwriting contest, it was reworked again in 2004 and was worked throughout 2006. Song was gonna feature BabyFace, R Kelly, O'Jays, Jermaine Jackson, Shirley Caesar, Snoop Dogg, Keisha Cole and Ciara. It is said by the owner of 2 Sea Records that the song is "A message of peace and help and caring. It's a song of total oneness."

Note: There's an instrumental on YT and it's said to be I Have This Dream, the song is fake and was found being sold on Amazon Music.

I'm Dreamin':
Nothing known except Will.i.am tried to release the song on his album Willpower, but the Estate didn't give him permission.

Is She Coming Back?:
Unknown.

I'm Still The King/Still The King:
Song is about Michael's influence on younger generations of artists but that he's still the king. It's rumoured that the snippets shown on the Access Hollywood interview was Still The King, but it's not known for certain, song played on the interview can be heard here at 17:00 to 18:30:

I Want You To Stay (Marsha Ambrosius):
Song was meant for Michael, after his death she completed and released the song on her album Late Nights & Early Mornings.

I Was The Loser/The Loser:
Rework of I Am A Loser as Michael didn't feel comfortable with one aspect of the song, only difference is the chorus that now goes "I Was The Loser" instead of "I Am A Loser".

If We Still Love:
Song made in the will.i.am's sessions.

Lady Of Summer:
Produced by Neff-U.

Leaving Today To Behind:
Unknown.

Light The Way:
One of the 3 songs made in Bahrain, state of completion is unknown.

Lonely Bird:
Unknown, could be a rework of the song mentioned on the Mexico Deposition.

Loving You:
Made in 2003, unknown if it's a rework of Loving You from 1985.

Michael's Affirmation:
Produced by Brad Buxer.

Miss You/I Will Miss You:
Song made in tribute to James Brown's death, rumored to be one of the few complete songs from Will.i.am's sessions.

Ne-Yo Songs:
6 songs that Ne-Yo sent to Michael, Michael would tell Ne-Yo to change certain parts of the songs and to make them as "melodic as possible", Ne-Yo would send the songs back to Michael but he never recorded them.

Photographs:
Produced by Brad Buxer.

RedOne songs:
As of 2021 RedOne claims to have only 1 releasable song, others would require guest vocalists, song talks about "love", one song in particular was never recorded but was given to Bruno Mars, song also remains unreleased.

Remember What I Told You:
Rumoured to be Mj's last song he's ever put vocals to, similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, contains only a short verse and a multi-layered chorus.

Rocker:
Rumoured to be the most finished songs of MJ's final years, has vocals throughout the song but with an incoherent lyrical narrative, has screaming/guitar solo in the final leg, similar to They Don't Care About Us.

Rock Tonight:
Unknown.

Scared Of The Moon:
Song first made in 1984 and worked throughout the rest of Michael's career, reworked/planned to be reworked before his death.

Silent Spring:
Produced by Neff-U.

She Don't Want Me:
Allegedly sounds like The Way You Make Me Feel but modernized, only a few lines were recorded that presumably would've been the chorus.

Shut Up And Dance:
Incomplete dance track worked with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland for Invincible, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Stop Play (Usher & T-Pain):
Song was gonna feature Michael Jackson, but Michael gave up after song leaked.

Stop Throwing Your Life Away:
Worked with Neff-U before Michael's death, most of the vocals come from the 80's, has synthesizer overdubs throughout the song, song overall is identical to the 1988 version.

Thank Heaven:
Song first made in 1998, reworked/planned to be reworked before Michael's death.

Think Twice:
Unknown.

The Future:
Song talks about environmental issues, has a "killer latin beat", rumoured to be one of the few complete songs from Will.i.am's sessions, Will.i.am says "it's like a contemporary Off The Wall".

The Way You Love Me/Ways You Love Me:
Song first made in 1998 with the working title Hanson, released on The Ultimate Collection and reworked again in 2008 with more backing vocals added, song was then remixed by Neff-U for the MICHAEL album.

Too Late To Turn Back Now:
Unknown.

Water (not to be mistaken with the Cascio track Water):
Song written and recorded in early 2009 at Carolwood house, only the chorus was ever recorded which Michael sings in "This Is It" right after rehearsing Billie Jean, lyrics allegedly goes:

World Of Candy:
Duet with Nisha Kataria, said by Joe Jackson to be a beautiful duet.

You Are So Beautiful:
Written in tribute to Michael's fans in support of the trials, is said to never have been recorded.

Sources: Man In The Music, podcasts, U.S. Copyright Office, Damien Shields and various posts from this forum, mainly travis3000 and AlwaysThere.

I'm sure I forgot about a lot of titles or I got some info wrong, but once again, any addition/correction is welcome.
Where did you get Joe Jacksons opinion on World of Candy

Nothing can hurt you”
Thank you for posting, I just put the lyrics that were on the handwritten notes and I thought they were the third verse...

Where did you get Joe Jacksons opinion on World of Candy
I got it from a post from AlwaysThere, but I found another detailed post from Korgnex that he got from MJ's old manager Dieter Wiesner, it's been updated with more info.

Thank you for posting, I just put the lyrics that were on the handwritten notes and I thought they were the third verse...

I got it from a post from AlwaysThere, but I found another detailed post from Korgnex that he got from MJ's old manager Dieter Wiesner, it's been updated with more info.
Can you sent me it

Great research AChanceToDance mate. That's very well done

The person to ask is AlwaysThere. That guy is amazing and knows so much about Michael's unreleased material

Thanks y'all.

I've done a bit more research and I found that the only releasable song from RedOne is called "I Can See A Brighter Day", I found the name on an old list from a forum, I'm a bit doubtful but has it ever been proven fake?

I wish MJ recorded full vocals for "Days in Glouchershire". The song is so similar to "Stranger in Moscow", both in its content and background. I think it might have been a truly great song if it was finished. But someone should have told MJ that is not how you pronounce glouchershire lol

I wish MJ recorded full vocals for "Days in Glouchershire". The song is so similar to "Stranger in Moscow", both in its content and background. I think it might have been a truly great song if it was finished. But someone should have told MJ that is not how you pronounce glouchershire lol
The song always reminds me of the demo Beautiful Girl.

I remember in 2014 when DIG leaked, it was reported Mike knew how to pronounce Gloucestershire but he chose to change it because it sounded better.
I can totally see why you would change it. If you hum the melody and try to pronounce Gloucestershire properly, within the melody, it doesn't fit at all

I remember in 2014 when DIG leaked, it was reported Mike knew how to pronounce Gloucestershire but he chose to change it because it sounded better.
I can totally see why you would change it. If you hum the melody and try to pronounce Gloucestershire properly, within the melody, it doesn't fit at all
Exactly. I think Brad Buxer (or one of them, anyway) tells the story as if Michael didn't know how to pronounce it. But it wouldn't work with the correct pronunciation, it wouldn't scan. It's fine as it is. It's also charming.

The song always reminds me of the demo Beautiful Girl.

It would make more sense to rename the song with lyrics that match the melody without mispronouncing them, then. I think words should be pronounced correctly lol

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this!! I learned a lot of songs I never knew of. Btw the video you linked for the Breed/Breath (song with Deepak) says unavailable now. Try linking this one

Thank you so much for this!! I learned a lot of songs I never knew of. Btw the video you linked for the Breed/Breath (song with Deepak) says unavailable now. Try linking this one
Hey! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had completely forgotten about this thread lol. Anyway I've updated this thread with newer info and with songs that I had forgotten to include, feel free to check.

Back