Favourite bridge?

The bridge on “if you don’t love me” (the only good part of the song), the girl is mine” and ”she’s trouble”, “the lady in my life” are the first that came up in my mind without thinking.

This is tough. Either Liberian Girl (could be considered a B section) or Speed Demon.

That falsetto on Speed Demon is wonderful and the lyrics are brilliant very thought-provoking, it's like Mike's self-conscious realising he's the one in the wrong for breaking the law. Love that realisation and resolution of the song

This is tough. Either Liberian Girl (could be considered a B section) or Speed Demon.

That falsetto on Speed Demon is wonderful and the lyrics are brilliant very thought-provoking, it's like Mike's self-conscious realising he's the one in the wrong for breaking the law. Love that realisation and resolution of the song
Liberian Girl… the outro? It indeed is fantastic, but I would not call it a bridge.

Love the Speed Demon bridge, that’s a good pick.

Dangerous (''I cannot sleep alone at night, my baby left me here tonight'')
Who Is It (Flute solo)
Thriller (''Night creatures call And the dead start to walk in their masquerade'')
Who Is It? doesn’t have a bridge. What you are referring to is just an interlude.

The Mackinac bridge that connects the upper and lower parts of Michigan is my favorite...........Ooh you meant song bridge...🤣

The 2010 version of Slave To The Rhythm (the Tricky remix). I like that one better then the Xscape album version as well as Michael's demo version because it actually feels like a true bridge with the vocals, and the clapping in the background.

Liberian Girl… the outro? It indeed is fantastic, but I would not call it a bridge.

Love the Speed Demon bridge, that’s a good pick.
I've heard arguments made that say this part...
"I wait for the day
When you have to say, "I do"
And I'll smile and say it, too
And forever will be true"

is a small bridge or serves as B section (as MJ put it) of sort. It's not important either way really 😅

I've heard arguments made that say this part...
"I wait for the day
When you have to say, "I do"
And I'll smile and say it, too
And forever will be true"

is a small bridge or serves as B section (as MJ put it) of sort. It's not important either way really 😅
Of course it is important. Especially considering what we are discussing here.

What you are referring to above, is the latter part of the chorus.

Xscape bridge is arguably the greatest snippet of music MJ ever recorded.

P.S. Hello Alanna!

Last edited:
Back