Focus Focus Focus please..

Would it be possible to organize something through the mjjc. Where we could all give to Michael's organization not that it should be the only way any of us do something, we would have greater impact if we could do both.

Let us turn this anger into sadness
Let us turn this sadness into mourning
Let us turn this mourning into REMEMBRANCE
Let us turn the remembrance into ADMIRATION
Let us turn the admiration into INSPIRATION
Let us turn the inspiration into PASSION
Let us turn this passion into ACTION
Let us turn this action into CHANGE
and change into healing and caring and loving and reaching out
Healing for the world and every single person in it.

Thanks so much for posting this Ape. Reading about turning negative emotions into something positive is just what I needed to hear. It was beautifully written, in fact, this entire thread is beautiful. I'm inspired by what everyone here is sharing. And I'm sure Michael himself would be/is so proud of all his fans taking his message about making the world a better place to heart, and creating positive change.

MJ fans are the best

Yesterday i:

Brought a pair of jeans from Oxfam, and brought a copy of the BIG ISSUE, and spoke to the seller cause he was on the bus on my way home.

:D:D:D

Jackie xxx

.............................I recently gave 50 eurocents to a' donationcontainer of the cancersociety here in Holland:yes::):yes:

Michael always inspires me to do good,and that action says it:yes::D:yes:
Feel proud and happy with Michael as motivator and inpirer:yes::D:yes:

Your post gave me goosebumps. Everything you said is true. I feel so inspired to help people, even just one person in my day.
Thanks for reminding us of what it's all about.

Wonderful post Ape! You said it better than I ever could.

I refuse to listen to the media and their desperate need to try and bring Michael down further even in death. I know what Michael means for me and that's all that matters. He will always be special to me and milllions of others and I love him. Nothing the media or the haters say can ever change that.

Excellent thread!

While each of us is dealing with Michael's passing in different ways, this idea can apply to all of us.

Just some ideas that I've come across thinking about what I have that I can give:

Christmas ornaments, decorations. I have so many boxed up and stored in my garage that I haven't used in years. Going to a homeless shelter so maybe they can brighten up someone's holidays staying in one.

Older or rarely used cooking utentsils/dishes but still in good condition that I never use,donate to a women's shelter for when someone needs them to start up on their own.

Clothes that no longer fit, shoes that never were comfortable, socks that you never wear, winter coats that hang there year after year and you never wear. There are people that would appreciate anything when they have nothing.

Food drives around the holidays for canned goods, packaged unopened food items like mac/cheese, rice-a-roni, etc.,

Children's toys and clothes in clean and usable condition that have been outgrown or no longer "played with".

Used but clean towels, blankets, rugs. Pet shelters beg for things like this.

Time, volunteer whatever you can to helping out in so many charitable causes, make phone calls during charity drives, deliver leaflets, help stamp and mail out brochures. Volunteer at your local hospital delivering flowers/mail to the patients.

Cook a meal for a neighbor that's ill or just had a baby. Offer to cut a lawn or trim bushes for someone that is under the weather, in the hospital, or is no longer able to do these things Offer to take unwanted things to Goodwill for someone unable to drive. Offer to drive someone to the store/drugstore/library rather than them taking the bus or having to walk when it is difficult for them.

I could just go on and on with ideas, anything and everything, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant to us, could mean the world to someone in need.

This is one thread I really wish could motivate people, and in so doing would mean so much to Michael.

Michael has inspired me. He's healed me. He's opened my eyes to the beauty of the world and humanity. The beauty in every single person. Michael always looked at the heart, and never judged because of what someone looked like. He is the definition of caring, selfless and love. Everyday I try my best to live like he did. With love in his heart. Doing something good for the world can really help when you're feeling down. There is no greater feeling than giving or helping out fellow human beings. Regardless of who they are, what colour their skin is or where they stand in society. Heal the world, make it a better place. For you and for me and the entire human race. Michael healed me. He healed my racism when I was in my darkest hour, my deepest despair. Michael was my someone in the dark. Thank you so much Michael. I can never thank you enough. Getting all teary now :(

God bless.

aw wow guys. This is really bringing tears to my eyes. I know it sounds all corny but online, sometimes you just have to say it since you can't show.

Thank you everyone who reads this, participates, and shares in here.

I want to share my experiences lately since posting this. The night I posted this I had a friend of mine phone me at 4 am in the middle of a deep sleep. At first I didn't quite recognize who it was when he asked if he could come crash on my couch and thought it was another man who has a girlfriend and a bit of a crush on me, I thought it best to say no, it's not a good idea and wouldn't be appropriate. Then when I hung up it started to bother me. I thought about what I said in this thread and figured I'd better call him back and let him know I have an extra bed he can sleep in. Turns out it was a different friend of mine who was from out of town and had been in town drinking at a bar till 4 am. Not exactly ideal for coming to my home to sleep, but he's a friend and I know I'd be alright. Anyways, he showed up and was like a little kid at his first sleep over making it impossible to sleep by talking. Eventually I got some sleep and though it would have been easier to have said no, he might not be with us today as he was drunk, and possibly would have tried driving back home, or somewhere else.

Another time I was out doing errands with my daughter in the truck and we were almost totally out of gas so we stopped at a station. The second I pulled up someone came up and asked "excuse me miss, but can you help me out..." and I was so worried I didn't have enough money for gas, and was feeling really strapped financially that I just looked up kind of helplessly and said "No, I can't. I'm a single mom of four kids without a job right now." I didn't even let him finish. I have to say, I failed that time. .. or maybe it was alright and I can't look at it as failure because I was putting my children first at that time when I felt strapped. They should come first and there are always other ways that I can help. Maybe I didn't deal with it perfectly, but I'm sharing it to show my full experience lately. At least the ones that made a big impact on me.

This last one that stood out to me was when I decided to put my trailer up for rent instead of for sale. I could have rented it out for between $800-$900, or up to $1200 if I rented it by the room to college students. Instead I decided that if I am at least bringing in enough to take care of the place and pay lot rent, then I'll be doing alright and I should ask for $700/month rent and choose carefully from who I get. I wanted someone who was in need of an inexpensive place, but could pay what I am asking so that I am not put in a bad financial position. I got a call from a homeless man yesterday who made me nervous actually. Not because he is homeless at all, but just a bad feeling I got when talking with him. He wanted me to pick him up and bring him to the trailer to stay that night. I said no. He got upset and told me he wants to have a shower and sleep and he just got into town. It just didn't feel right to be honest and there are shelters people can go to here, plus it's nice out and he'd be fine. The next day a lady called for her elderly father who is moving in from Trinidad. He's handicapped and married to a younger lady and has young children. They have nothing but their clothes and will be here on Friday. Right now they are living in a shack basically. They want to raise their children in Canada. The daughter assured me that they will be able to pay the rent but are desperate as there is nothing out here for rent right now that is affordable. I asked if they'll need furniture and she said yes, so I am going to set it all up for them with what I have and what I'm able. I put together a care package for them of extra food I had. They will get to move in early (without paying for the extra days) and I'm helping them however I am able right now. The second I got home, the homeless man called me to see if I could pick him up and when I told him it was rented out, he cursed me out and hung up on me (I do want to do something to help out homeless people, but this isn't how I am able to right now, and it did more good to help out four instead of one). So.. the moral is...you may not be able to help out everyone, but help where it feels right. Plus for myself, I do have to make sure that my children are taken care of first and foremost as they are my responsibility, but then we can help out others together. There was another man who called to look at it but he sounded like he was doing alright so I felt best about picking who I did as I thought it would do the most good.

It's interesting. I always thought I was a good person and helped out everyone, but since being more aware of it all after posting this thread, I have noticed that it sometimes is a struggle. But it's alright. We do what we are able, and we learn along the way. I hope my experience is a help as well.

:better:

aw wow guys. This is really bringing tears to my eyes. I know it sounds all corny but online, sometimes you just have to say it since you can't show.

Thank you everyone who reads this, participates, and shares in here.

I want to share my experiences lately since posting this. The night I posted this I had a friend of mine phone me at 4 am in the middle of a deep sleep. At first I didn't quite recognize who it was when he asked if he could come crash on my couch and thought it was another man who has a girlfriend and a bit of a crush on me, I thought it best to say no, it's not a good idea and wouldn't be appropriate. Then when I hung up it started to bother me. I thought about what I said in this thread and figured I'd better call him back and let him know I have an extra bed he can sleep in. Turns out it was a different friend of mine who was from out of town and had been in town drinking at a bar till 4 am. Not exactly ideal for coming to my home to sleep, but he's a friend and I know I'd be alright. Anyways, he showed up and was like a little kid at his first sleep over making it impossible to sleep by talking. Eventually I got some sleep and though it would have been easier to have said no, he might not be with us today as he was drunk, and possibly would have tried driving back home, or somewhere else.

Another time I was out doing errands with my daughter in the truck and we were almost totally out of gas so we stopped at a station. The second I pulled up someone came up and asked "excuse me miss, but can you help me out..." and I was so worried I didn't have enough money for gas, and was feeling really strapped financially that I just looked up kind of helplessly and said "No, I can't. I'm a single mom of four kids without a job right now." I didn't even let him finish. I have to say, I failed that time. .. or maybe it was alright and I can't look at it as failure because I was putting my children first at that time when I felt strapped. They should come first and there are always other ways that I can help. Maybe I didn't deal with it perfectly, but I'm sharing it to show my full experience lately. At least the ones that made a big impact on me.

This last one that stood out to me was when I decided to put my trailer up for rent instead of for sale. I could have rented it out for between $800-$900, or up to $1200 if I rented it by the room to college students. Instead I decided that if I am at least bringing in enough to take care of the place and pay lot rent, then I'll be doing alright and I should ask for $700/month rent and choose carefully from who I get. I wanted someone who was in need of an inexpensive place, but could pay what I am asking so that I am not put in a bad financial position. I got a call from a homeless man yesterday who made me nervous actually. Not because he is homeless at all, but just a bad feeling I got when talking with him. He wanted me to pick him up and bring him to the trailer to stay that night. I said no. He got upset and told me he wants to have a shower and sleep and he just got into town. It just didn't feel right to be honest and there are shelters people can go to here, plus it's nice out and he'd be fine. The next day a lady called for her elderly father who is moving in from Trinidad. He's handicapped and married to a younger lady and has young children. They have nothing but their clothes and will be here on Friday. Right now they are living in a shack basically. They want to raise their children in Canada. The daughter assured me that they will be able to pay the rent but are desperate as there is nothing out here for rent right now that is affordable. I asked if they'll need furniture and she said yes, so I am going to set it all up for them with what I have and what I'm able. I put together a care package for them of extra food I had. They will get to move in early (without paying for the extra days) and I'm helping them however I am able right now. The second I got home, the homeless man called me to see if I could pick him up and when I told him it was rented out, he cursed me out and hung up on me (I do want to do something to help out homeless people, but this isn't how I am able to right now, and it did more good to help out four instead of one). So.. the moral is...you may not be able to help out everyone, but help where it feels right. Plus for myself, I do have to make sure that my children are taken care of first and foremost as they are my responsibility, but then we can help out others together. There was another man who called to look at it but he sounded like he was doing alright so I felt best about picking who I did as I thought it would do the most good.

It's interesting. I always thought I was a good person and helped out everyone, but since being more aware of it all after posting this thread, I have noticed that it sometimes is a struggle. But it's alright. We do what we are able, and we learn along the way. I hope my experience is a help as well.

:better:

Just reading this post I can see you're a very compassionate person! How sweet and caring of you to help out that family. Small actions can go a long way. This is a big action. Think how far this will go! You've changed their lives for the better :) You are a great example to all of us. Thank you for posting

:)

:) thank you. I just wanted to show that it can be something little like giving a friend a place to sleep, to something that seems a little bigger. But there will be times when you feel you didn't do enough, or maybe should have helped, but didn't.. it's like anything worthwhile; you don't give up. You make it a part of life, even if sometimes you have to say no. The thing is, when you are able to, and it feels right (be a joyful giver) then you say yes :)

:) thank you. I just wanted to show that it can be something little like giving a friend a place to sleep, to something that seems a little bigger. But there will be times when you feel you didn't do enough, or maybe should have helped, but didn't.. it's like anything worthwhile; you don't give up. You make it a part of life, even if sometimes you have to say no. The thing is, when you are able to, and it feels right (be a joyful giver) then you say yes :)

Inspiring words for all of us :)

At the end of the day there will always be something bigger we can do to heal the world. What's important is that we continue to make a difference, however small and change the world one piece at a time. We musn't feel guilty or ashamed for not being able to help EVERYONE.

ape ty for sharing your personal experiences and showing how blessing people blesses us back in return. it is infinitely better than tearing one another down. you're bringing the legacy to life through your action and your challenge and call to action for the rest of us to find ways in our lives to keep Michael alive by following his example of caring for one another and giving where and how we can. this made my heart smile. :flowers:

Thanks everyone for your experiences. I had a really vivid dream about Michael last night, and the message I woke up with was "just show someone you love them. A stranger in the street, someone you don't normally get along with, someone you need to forgive....just show love." :wub:

Michael has inspired me. He's healed me. He's opened my eyes to the beauty of the world and humanity. The beauty in every single person. Michael always looked at the heart, and never judged because of what someone looked like. He is the definition of caring, selfless and love. Everyday I try my best to live like he did. With love in his heart. Doing something good for the world can really help when you're feeling down. There is no greater feeling than giving or helping out fellow human beings. Regardless of who they are, what colour their skin is or where they stand in society. Heal the world, make it a better place. For you and for me and the entire human race. Michael healed me. He healed my racism when I was in my darkest hour, my deepest despair. Michael was my someone in the dark. Thank you so much Michael. I can never thank you enough. Getting all teary now :(

God bless.

This is a beautiful post; I agree with every word.

I agree, that was a beautiful post. There are so many in this thread that once I thought of pointing out one then there was another and another..lol :) I really am so glad people are taking part and sharing and commenting. We really can make a difference! If we take this far, and tell others about it too, we could start quite a movement I think. It's possible.

Neeve, I love your dream! It fits perfectly. I had one too and posted it in a dream thread but I'll share a bit of it here too.
I was out shopping in a busy store and turned a corner and there was a sweet little baby boy looking up at me with his big brown eyes. I almost stepped on him so it shocked me. I looked around and no one was watching him so I picked him up thinking I couldn't just leave him there. I worried for a bit how it might look like I'm stealing him so I went to the ladies close by and asked if he was their's and they said no, so I wanted them to know that I wasn't taking him, but just caring for him till I could find his parents. Anyways, I never did find his parents so I decided I would bring him into our family. I actually thought, what's one more baby. (I have four children).

Now that I look at it, I think it might mean that even though we do have our own families and people we care for, there is always room for more. Always room for caring about more than those we already do. Also maybe God presents those opportunities for us to help others, and we accept them or not. Sort of like "If you choose to accept this mission..." lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that. I think it joins in nicely with Neeve's dream as well.

I agree, that was a beautiful post. There are so many in this thread that once I thought of pointing out one then there was another and another..lol :) I really am so glad people are taking part and sharing and commenting. We really can make a difference! If we take this far, and tell others about it too, we could start quite a movement I think. It's possible.

Neeve, I love your dream! It fits perfectly. I had one too and posted it in a dream thread but I'll share a bit of it here too.
I was out shopping in a busy store and turned a corner and there was a sweet little baby boy looking up at me with his big brown eyes. I almost stepped on him so it shocked me. I looked around and no one was watching him so I picked him up thinking I couldn't just leave him there. I worried for a bit how it might look like I'm stealing him so I went to the ladies close by and asked if he was their's and they said no, so I wanted them to know that I wasn't taking him, but just caring for him till I could find his parents. Anyways, I never did find his parents so I decided I would bring him into our family. I actually thought, what's one more baby. (I have four children).

Now that I look at it, I think it might mean that even though we do have our own families and people we care for, there is always room for more. Always room for caring about more than those we already do. Also maybe God presents those opportunities for us to help others, and we accept them or not. Sort of like "If you choose to accept this mission..." lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that. I think it joins in nicely with Neeve's dream as well.

You're right; when you tune into something and go looking for it, you really do find it everywhere.

That's a lovely dream; making a home for someone, or just showing them that they're not alone. You're definitely right, it can change the world. Just one action can influence other people to do the same. This is what Mike was working for.... :)

This is how my dream went:
it was during the trial time, but Michael looked exactly like he did at the TII announcement. The main theme of the dream was showing love. In the dream, Michael didn't have that many people around him, so I and 2 or 3 others kept visiting him and hugging him. It was different because we weren't doing it because we wanted recognition, we just knew that he needed to feel the love of the people he touched. It was like every time we hugged him and told him we loved him, that it would heal him a little bit.
I woke up feeling closer to him again and with the message of how important it is to show love to those around us, even if it's someone we don't know but who needs a helping hand.

I've just moved to a new city (and country!) so I'm looking up volunteer groups that I can join...

Awww that is so beautiful. I am definitley gonna make Michael proud and I'm gonna keep him and his spirit alive.

I know it's not may make a huge amount of difference on the world..

But I'm doing the 40 Hour Famine at the moment for the first time in my life. For those of you who don't know - the 40 Hour Famine involves not eating for 40 hours to raise awareness and money about the issues of poverty and in particular malnourishment in countries less fortunate than ours. I'm currently 9 hours in and I'm starting to get quite hungry - but with each donation I collect and with every hour that goes by I feel I am making the world a better place. It feels so wonderful raising money in this manner. If I raise $480 I can help feed SIXTY children for over a month! It's a huge goal of mine to reach this target. I feel I can make that change. Since Michael has finally healed me I've really felt motivated to do whatever I can. I feel like I'm saving lives, bringing happiness to others who are less privileged. Thank you again Michael, my angel. I want to continue his legacy for as long as I live. That's a promise. It feels so satisfying and I want to do similar things like this to make the world a better place.

Heal the world
xx

That is great! ..and it does more than that, it gives those who take part an idea of how difficult it must be to go without food. It's not a small thing. Please don't belittle it. That's wonderful. Plus by doing this, you are making us aware of it too. I had no idea $480 would feed 60 children for a month. Wow.. I know they do that 40 hour famine here. I'm going to have to find out when. My donation will be with you in mind :)

I forgot to mention to Neeve. Thank you for sharing that dream. It's special. I read somewhere on this board that there was a study done on prayer for things that had happened in the past. I don't think we can ever fully understand it, but people were able to help others from the past with their prayer now. To me, dreams like that are like a prayer. It's wishing well for others. So maybe you really were able to help him as well somehow with that dream. I know it's pretty wild thinking but I know we haven't figured everything out in life yet. Far from it. So I'm open to it being possible. On top of that though, it gave you a special meaning that you got from it and can now implement that into your life.
I think no act is too small. Also no act too large to strive for. Each moment can be an opportunity to help :)

Last edited:
I know it's not may make a huge amount of difference on the world..

But I'm doing the 40 Hour Famine at the moment for the first time in my life. For those of you who don't know - the 40 Hour Famine involves not eating for 40 hours to raise awareness and money about the issues of poverty and in particular malnourishment in countries less fortunate than ours. I'm currently 9 hours in and I'm starting to get quite hungry - but with each donation I collect and with every hour that goes by I feel I am making the world a better place. It feels so wonderful raising money in this manner. If I raise $480 I can help feed SIXTY children for over a month! It's a huge goal of mine to reach this target. I feel I can make that change. Since Michael has finally healed me I've really felt motivated to do whatever I can. I feel like I'm saving lives, bringing happiness to others who are less privileged. Thank you again Michael, my angel. I want to continue his legacy for as long as I live. That's a promise. It feels so satisfying and I want to do similar things like this to make the world a better place.

Heal the world
xx

That's excellent!! You're truly helping people with that.
Best of luck!

That is great! ..and it does more than that, it gives those who take part an idea of how difficult it must be to go without food. It's not a small thing. Please don't belittle it. That's wonderful. Plus by doing this, you are making us aware of it too. I had no idea $480 would feed 60 children for a month. Wow.. I know they do that 40 hour famine here. I'm going to have to find out when. My donation will be with you in mind :)

I forgot to mention to Neeve. Thank you for sharing that dream. It's special. I read somewhere on this board that there was a study done on prayer for things that had happened in the past. I don't think we can ever fully understand it, but people were able to help others from the past with their prayer now. To me, dreams like that are like a prayer. It's wishing well for others. So maybe you really were able to help him as well somehow with that dream. I know it's pretty wild thinking but I know we haven't figured everything out in life yet. Far from it. So I'm open to it being possible. On top of that though, it gave you a special meaning that you got from it and can now implement that into your life.
I think no act is too small. Also no act too large to strive for. Each moment can be an opportunity to help :)

:yes:
That's really interesting!
Yeah, I think dreams, thoughts, prayers can be similar and can definitely affect people.
You're right, I'm sure there's a lot more going on that we aren't even aware of.

Today I tried to make the world a better place.

At my university today in one of my lectures - there was an announcement. There were several students within our large cohort with disabilities that means they cannot attend their lectures.. The announcement was asking if someone would be able to duplicate their notes every week and distribute them to the disabled students each week, depending on whether the same subjects are done. Immediately when I heard this I shot up my hand offering my help. I hardly thought about it for a second. I thought to myself.. what would Michael do? I was the only one in the whole lecture (of about 300 people) who put up their hand. I didn't realise at the time but there was a payment per hour for each lectures notes I helped with. It's good pay too! However, I've denied payment and I'm doing this free of charge. I feel that it's completely unfair to expect people with their conditions to pay or for the university to pay for this kind of service. I want to do this with no other motivation but to help those who need help.

I feel that small things like this can make that change..

Thank you again Michael.

God bless.

Wow you are doing amazing :D I'm so proud of you ..lol like your my kid or something hey? haha but actually cause you're a fellow MJ fan (and poster in this thread !! woohoo!!) and are doing such good. It's wonderful.

I hope what I'm going to say doesn't take away at all from what you've done, cause I really don't want to do that...and you know what you should do for yourself, plus that was such a nice thing you've done. That's exactly what being a joyful giver is :) and it's so nice to see. ..I just wanted to let you know that sometimes universities will pay for those things so you might want to check. If it's the students themselves then that's great that you've denied payment, but if it is the university, you might want to accept the payment, even if you chose to donate it elsewhere, or as a student (if you are like I was) you are probably short of funds and might need it yourself and you don't have to feel any less good about doing what you are doing. Consider it a perk to doing what was on your heart to do. (or don't listen to me and keep on how you are cause it is a really thoughtful, giving selfless act). I just wanted to mention that possibility. I used to tutor at college and the college paid for it. (ohhhhh I forgot to put that on my resume)

Would it be possible to organize something through the mjjc. Where we could all give to Michael's organization not that it should be the only way any of us do something, we would have greater impact if we could do both.
Sorry, I didn't want to ignore this. I think that's a really nice idea. You should probably talk to one of the staff and see about setting something like this up. Or even just do a bit of research on your own about one or all of the organizations that he has supported in the past and then make a thread about it? Yes I think it's a really good idea :) !

Wow you are doing amazing :D I'm so proud of you ..lol like your my kid or something hey? haha but actually cause you're a fellow MJ fan (and poster in this thread !! woohoo!!) and are doing such good. It's wonderful.

I hope what I'm going to say doesn't take away at all from what you've done, cause I really don't want to do that...and you know what you should do for yourself, plus that was such a nice thing you've done. That's exactly what being a joyful giver is :) and it's so nice to see. ..I just wanted to let you know that sometimes universities will pay for those things so you might want to check. If it's the students themselves then that's great that you've denied payment, but if it is the university, you might want to accept the payment, even if you chose to donate it elsewhere, or as a student (if you are like I was) you are probably short of funds and might need it yourself and you don't have to feel any less good about doing what you are doing. Consider it a perk to doing what was on your heart to do. (or don't listen to me and keep on how you are cause it is a really thoughtful, giving selfless act). I just wanted to mention that possibility. I used to tutor at college and the college paid for it. (ohhhhh I forgot to put that on my resume)

Thanks for the lovely post once again! I'm loving being part of this thread! Come on guys get posting too!

What you've said hasn't taken away from anything at all! :) Luckily for me I'm fine money wise. My Dad has covered my tuition costs for tertiary education, and my parents have been putting money in my saving account since I was born. I can always make more money once I get out into the real business world - whatever you want to call it. If anything the university will be able to use that money (even though its very small in comparison to their budget!) for maybe a greater use toward something else. I'll consider it though, but for the moment I'd love to do this for free.

That's awesome!! You've thought it all through then.

Okay, I'm off to get myself a job. Wish me luck!

Back