Formule 1

^^^lol yeah It's more like a Kimi and a Ferrari app thread... :blush: I gave this title on purpose, that I would like to talk about F1 in general I just don't hide the fact that my fav is Kimi. We had this thread before and then we talked a lot about other pilots and F1 in general, we have to build it again... We/I would like to share the thoughts with other F1 fans.

Everyone who comes here just happend to like Kimi more :D

We need people who likes other drivers so we can have more conversation about them too

You are right.

Btw, it was the European Grand Prix in Nürburgring I believe, not the Hungarian. He won it back in 2005.

Oh yes, that was it. Thanks for correcting me ;)

I think I might rename this thread to the Kimi appreciation thread, comon guys what about the other drivers lol

*giggle* don't be shy... bring one in and you'll get our opinion for sure lol.
Let's see... with that flag in your avatar... and considering your probable age... hmmm maybe DC but you have enough in the offer also Button, Hamilton whoelse? *giggle*

Actually I like Kimi... he's just such a cool driver... never really showing a weakness even under pressure... I like that and hmmmmmmmmmmm how much I love the car he's driving.
I just can't help it I'm a ferrari fan... Michael Schumacher made me I admit and then I went to Maranello with a friend lol oh and don't think I wasn't at Mercedes also... I was. It's just not the same.
Really if someone can't relate to my love to Ferrari... go to Maranello... sweet little town in the middle of Italy... breath in the spirit there and you'll be infected! lol
:wub:

Great!!! Kimi has won the Malaysian Grand Prix!!!!! :wild:

- happy for Kubica for having the first podium in his F1 career
it's his second podium in history, the first one was the third place in Italy (Monza) in 2006 when Michael Schumacher won:D

it's his second podium in history, the first one was the third place in Italy (Monza) in 2006 when Michael Schumacher won:D

Thanks for correcting me! :blush: I believe we have another F1 expert here.
And was that Schumacher's last victory? Where he announced his retirement? That was so emotional, he touched Kimi's shoulder in the podium and during the interview... that was the moment I knew for sure that he's going to the Ferrari team!

Last edited:
Thanks for correcting me! :blush: I believe we have another F1 expert here.
And was that Schumacher's last victory? Where he announced his retirement? That was so emotional, he touched Kimi's shoulder in the podium and during the interview... that was the moment I knew for sure that he's going to the Ferrari team!

Ooh how sweet ^_^
I don't remember that so I think I didn't see the whole race!:eek:

^^^
2006 Monza Victory ceremony (watch at 0:57! it's like Schumacher whispers to Kimi: I hope you'll experience this magic soon, too...)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/michael-schumacher-podium-monza-2006/2235362817?icid=acvsv4

Here are some pics from that race:

one sexy Kimi pic :wub:
63763.jpg

one where you can see Schumi touching Kimi
monza-2006ferrari.jpg

one funny thought... I doubt that :lol:
63736.jpg

F1 2006 Monza Victory ceremony (amateur - a must see!!!)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/f1-2006-monza-michael-victory-podium/1016359436

29, October, 2006:
Speaking in Monza Todt said: "Michael was involved in the decision process of making Kimi a Ferrari driver. We kept Michael informed every day about the meetings we had. He knew everything that was going on and the decision we wanted to make. So it wasn't a sudden decision for him when we finally signed up Raikkonen."

Mechi: A great M. Schumacher tribute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aFlAmGLmM

^^^
2006 Monza Victory ceremony (watch at 0:57! it's like Schumacher whispers to Kimi: I hope you'll experience this magic soon, too...)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/michael-schumacher-podium-monza-2006/2235362817?icid=acvsv4

Here are some pics from that race:

one sexy Kimi pic :wub:
63763.jpg

one where you can see Schumi touching Kimi
monza-2006ferrari.jpg

one funny thought... I doubt that :lol:
63736.jpg

F1 2006 Monza Victory ceremony (amateur - a must see!!!)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/f1-2006-monza-michael-victory-podium/1016359436

29, October, 2006:
Speaking in Monza Todt said: "Michael was involved in the decision process of making Kimi a Ferrari driver. We kept Michael informed every day about the meetings we had. He knew everything that was going on and the decision we wanted to make. So it wasn't a sudden decision for him when we finally signed up Raikkonen."

Mechi: A great M. Schumacher tribute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aFlAmGLmM

wow thanks for the tribute, loved it!
Sheeeesh I'd never forget that Silverstone accident!
I'm thankful Schumacher wrote such a nice part of f1 history. He brought lots of fun and joy into my stupid life! lol
Then again I also love those ferrari guys in the box cheering for him!
I so so so love the spirit of Ferrari!!!!!!

oh and btw that pic of Kimi is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally also nice! lol can't remember I saw that before!

wow thanks for the tribute, loved it!
Sheeeesh I'd never forget that Silverstone accident!
I'm thankful Schumacher wrote such a nice part of f1 history. He brought lots of fun and joy into my stupid life! lol
Then again I also love those ferrari guys in the box cheering for him!
I so so so love the spirit of Ferrari!!!!!!

oh and btw that pic of Kimi is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally also nice! lol can't remember I saw that before!

I can understand you!!! I feel the same towards Michael Jackson!

Wow german media are reporting that Alonso himself is spreading rumors he wants Massas cockpit in the second ferrari!!!! Did anyone else here hear something like that???

For those of you who might able to understand german:
http://sport.t-online.de/c/14/60/31/84/14603184.html

I understand German, I've read it... wow it sounds funny but real... My thoughts were/are that he'll go to Ferrari next year!!! Maybe it's a bit early to speculate but you never know :wink: I don't know if I wanted to experience a Kimi-Fernando couple in Ferrari... It got me thinking about the good old days with Prost and Senna... OMG!

Thanks Kinga for the videos! They were great :)

I don't really want Kimi and Fernando to same team..
I just don't like Alonso or his attitude to some things.. I don't think he's really Ferrari -type..

I don't think he's really Ferrari -type..

It's only a feeling with me but I do agree... somehow it feels from what is known about Alonso he'll not fit in the Ferrari team... then again when Schumacher that time came from Benetton-Renault at least Italian media thought the same I think.

Thanks Kinga for the videos! They were great :)

I don't really want Kimi and Fernando to same team..
I just don't like Alonso or his attitude to some things.. I don't think he's really Ferrari -type..

you're welcome, I thought you would like them!

I don't like Alonso also, he's to aggressive and selfish... Sorry, it's just my opinion.

It's only a feeling with me but I do agree... somehow it feels from what is known about Alonso he'll not fit in the Ferrari team... then again when Schumacher that time came from Benetton-Renault at least Italian media thought the same I think.

I think they had the same feelings towards Kimi. Still I don't know what Italians think about him. Ice and fire... don't know how they match together :smile: I hope that with winning the championship in his first year at the team Ferrari helped to love him more there. Italian people are so emotional and so passionate and they adore Ferrari. I think they loved Schumi (or they still do love him) like he was God or so. I just feel that Kimi is more balanced and happier since he's been in Ferrari team. I haven't seen him smile that much in his whole career. There was a nice quote from a team member who said the following: "...maybe he doesn't like to talk that much, doesn't like to touch or hug passionately but when he stepped to the podium in Brasil, and we saw his face's expressions, we knew that he's one of us..."

I think they had the same feelings towards Kimi. Still I don't know what Italians think about him. Ice and fire... don't know how they match together :smile: I hope that with winning the championship in his first year at the team Ferrari helped to love him more there. Italian people are so emotional and so passionate and they adore Ferrari. I think they loved Schumi (or they still do love him) like he was God or so. I just feel that Kimi is more balanced and happier since he's been in Ferrari team. I haven't seen him smile that much in his whole career. There was a nice quote from a team member who said the following: "...maybe he doesn't like to talk that much, doesn't like to touch or hug passionately but when he stepped to the podium in Brasil, and we saw his face's expressions, we knew that he's one of us..."

Yep, and Kimi has maybe even become more talkative on Ferrari :D
And he really seems to be more happier now, I think Italians are getting to know him better also.
And what I've heard he is very appreciated there.

Well Schumacher brought Ferrari the championship back... they were a few years without a true chance before him.

To follow someone like him (even if he didn't win the last championship) must have been even harder for Kimi... well harder to win the hearts of Ferraristi but as he brought them the championship although it looked almost hopeless I think Ferraristi started to love him as cool as he is... and his coolness is not about ice to me lol it's more like a burning fire the determination and concentration to win, the ability to completely focus himself.
Hamilton was missing exactly that (see the last two races of last season) that's why he lost the championship although everybody thought he couldn't really lose it anymore.

Yep, and Kimi has maybe even become more talkative on Ferrari :D
And he really seems to be more happier now, I think Italians are getting to know him better also.
And what I've heard he is very appreciated there.

:yes: :yes:

Well Schumacher brought Ferrari the championship back... they were a few years without a true chance before him.

To follow someone like him (even if he didn't win the last championship) must have been even harder for Kimi... well harder to win the hearts of Ferraristi but as he brought them the championship although it looked almost hopeless I think Ferraristi started to love him as cool as he is... and his coolness is not about ice to me lol it's more like a burning fire the determination and concentration to win, the ability to completely focus himself.
Hamilton was missing exactly that (see the last two races of last season) that's why he lost the championship although everybody thought he couldn't really lose it anymore.

Great words!!! :yes:

I think this was true for him in his early years, now it's more like an image. He's not that cold anymore. (it seems that he likes this name and image otherwise he wouldn't have gotten that tattoo on his arm :lol:) Ok, he's cold in the races but that is one of his best qualities as a driver. You shouldn't loose the concentration if you are a F1 driver.

And I like that he's not that celebrity-type pilot. He just does his job, drives as fast as he can.

And I like that he's not that celebrity-type pilot. He just does his job, drives as fast as he can.

Yeah, I love that too! And the fact that he doesn't care what media says about him.
Here in Finland there is always huge discussion on magazines if Kimi has been seen drunk somewhere which is IMO very stupid because Kimi is, after all, just a human as we're all.
But I love that he doesn't let those papers ruin his concentration on races and he just lives his life as he wants to.
That's the way all should do.

Yeah, I love that too! And the fact that he doesn't care what media says about him.
Here in Finland there is always huge discussion on magazines if Kimi has been seen drunk somewhere which is IMO very stupid because Kimi is, after all, just a human as we're all.
But I love that he doesn't let those papers ruin his concentration on races and he just lives his life as he wants to.
That's the way all should do.

yeah, he doesn't care what they say about him at all. There were some rumours that Bernie Ecclestone didn't want Kimi to be a world champion because he doesn't like to give interviews, he doesn't like to smile on the covers of magazines, etc. But all the thousands of fans who support him during the races do think the opposite... :lol: For us those qualities of his are appealing.

I think that Kimi was maybe drunk sometimes, but they just keep telling these about him. They even make jokes about this... it's disgusting. That's his life, if he likes to drink, then why can't he just live his life like he wants to live it. As long as it doesn't make any bad effects on his driving or concentration... we can't blame him or his team/boss can't blame him.

Btw, what do you think about his wife? I think they are a lovely couple though Jenni is a bit taller :p

Btw, what do you think about his wife? I think they are a lovely couple though Jenni is a bit taller :p

I like Jenni very much! They are one of my all time favourite couples :D
There has been several interviews about Jenni in Finland and I just love the way she speaks about their marriage and they seem very happy together.
I'm also very happy that they both want children someday, I can't wait lol! :lol:

I just read one magazine with headline: Iceman, come back!
British media is getting worried since this “new “ Kimi is “relaxed, funny and smiling” all the time.
They miss the “old” Kimi who raced with motor boat dressed as gorilla and with pseudonym ”James Hunt”.
Kevin Eason from The Times says: “Nowadays he [Kimi] drives and behaves like a conscientious professional. That’s not funny at all”.

Source: Ilta-Sanomat

:rolleyes: Well, that's media.

Last edited:
I like Jenni very much! They are one of my all time favourite couples :D
There has been several interviews about Jenni in Finland and I just love the way she speaks about their marriage and they seem very happy together.
I'm also very happy that they both want children someday, I can't wait lol! :lol:

Yes, that is my opinion as well. I like how Kimi thinks about having children in the family. He said they sure want children, but as long as he drives in F1 not, because he travels a lot and doesn't have time for the family. He wants to be a full time father and husband.

I just read one magazine with headline: Iceman, come back!
British media is getting worried since this “new “ Kimi is “relaxed, funny and smiling” all the time.
They miss the “old” Kimi who raced with motor boat dressed as gorilla and with pseudonym ”James Hunt”.
Kevin Eason from The Times says: “Nowadays he [Kimi] drives and behaves like a conscientious professional. That’s not funny at all”.

Source: Ilta-Sanomat

:rolleyes: Well, that's media.

haha, that's cool. I think he has become older and that's why he looks and behaves more relaxed.

Last edited:
Hahah, they are hilarious :lol::lol: Thanks for posting
Schumacher is so funny :D
And I guess those face expressions on Montoya's face tell us why he left Formula 1... :D

Hahah, they are hilarious :lol::lol: Thanks for posting
Schumacher is so funny :D
And I guess those face expressions on Montoya's face tell us why he left Formula 1... :D

:D :D hahaha I'm glad you like these... They made my day yesterday, I had so much fun while watching...

I'v read somewhere that Hamilton has to fight with too Finnish drivers this year. I guess they are right. I'm happy that Kovalainen is so good in McLaren (though in the end of last year he was better than the good old Fisichella).

^ Yeah, I’ve heard that too. Hamilton has to work very hard this year cause now he has two Finnish rocks between him and his dream of becoming world champion :D
I'm happy for Kovalainen too. Here in Finland we are waiting patiently for the first double win for Finland ^_^ Hopefully it will come soon..

^ Yeah, I’ve heard that too. Hamilton has to work very hard this year cause now he has two Finnish rocks between him and his dream of becoming world champion :D
I'm happy for Kovalainen too. Here in Finland we are waiting patiently for the first double win for Finland ^_^ Hopefully it will come soon..

yeah, that would be cool!!! I can't wait it either.

:eek: I've just heard that Alonso will change Massa at Ferrari. The next Grand Prix in Bahrain will be the first battle between the 2 world champion in the same car...

Last edited:
:eek: I've just heard that Alonso will change Massa at Ferrari. The next Grand Prix in Bahrain will be the first battle between the 2 world champion in the same car...
not in germany yet... it was just on the news that he'll maybe change for the next season... nothing about imediately changing over here yet.
Although I personally think it's more likely already this season and then it's of cuz as early as possible the most sensefull.

not in germany yet... it was just on the news that he'll maybe change for the next season... nothing about imediately changing over here yet.
Although I personally think it's more likely already this season and then it's of cuz as early as possible the most sensefull.

:lol: :lol: :D yesterday - April's Fools day ... :lol: this was my little prank... sorry :smile:

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :D yesterday - April's Fools day ... :lol: this was my little prank... sorry :smile:
lol you're welcome. hmmmmm if Massa would have liked it??? *giggle*

Back