Formule 1

I have to say even though I don't like the result of this race (I feel horrible for Vettel! He would've deserved the win :() this race wasn't one bit as boring as Bahrain's gp was! So many great overtakes and very interesting race overall! :) That's what f1 is about.

I have to say even though I don't like the result of this race (I feel horrible for Vettel! He would've deserved the win :()

He inherited his friend's bad luck in F1. :(

The rumours will keep going... I don't mind it. For once Kimi is on the good side of the rumours. :D

Raikkonen to part Vettel at Red Bull in 2011

Kimi Raikkonen is set to replace Red Bull's Mark Webber ahead of the 2011 season.

A report in Germany's Bild am Sonntag said the return of the Finn to Formula One, to become his friend Sebastian Vettel's teammate, is already being arranged.

Raikkonen, 30, is already under contract to the energy drinks company, having switched from Ferrari to world rallying for 2010 with the Red Bull-funded Citroen Junior Team.

RBR team boss Christian Horner recently admitted that hiring Raikkonen for 2011 is an "interesting idea", and speculation about Webber's expiring contract was re-fired this weekend when Lewis Hamilton tipped the Australian to retire.

Horner said on Saturday: "We are very happy with our drivers. Mark is driving very well, and he is not old, as Michael has demonstrated.

"The average age (of F1 drivers) has dropped, but as long as Mark is motivated, competitive and quick, I don't think that he has any thoughts of stopping just yet."

Vettel told Bild am Sonntag: "Kimi and I are good friends, but in the end I don't care who sits in the other car because I still have to beat him."

He would not confirm that the Raikkonen deal is close to being finalised.

"I don't know what the team is planning. And in the end, it is of course Kimi's decision. He needs to see how he feels."

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=361902&FS=F1

^ I don't mind the rumours either :p Will be very interesting to see what happens in the end.

And btw I thought it was very amaterusih from McLaren to cheer when Vettel crashed.. it was totally unnecessary but they got what they deserved when Hamilton lost few places afterwards.

And btw I thought it was very amaterusih from McLaren to cheer when Vettel crashed.. it was totally unnecessary but they got what they deserved when Hamilton lost few places afterwards.

Really? Did they do that? Oh, God... :doh: I didn't know it since I haven't seen the race. :cheeky:

I have to say even though I don't like the result of this race (I feel horrible for Vettel! He would've deserved the win :() this race wasn't one bit as boring as Bahrain's gp was! So many great overtakes and very interesting race overall! :) That's what f1 is about.

Here, here - i actually only managed to see the first half an hour of the race cause i had to go, but what i did see i liked, even though Schumi got it really bad. He ended up 10th, right? Hopefully he'll have better luck in the next races.

^ I don't mind the rumours either :p Will be very interesting to see what happens in the end.

I saw that and didn't like it one bit either; you just don't do dat - rejoice when somebody is down, in sport and in life in general, terrible attitude if u ask me.

Ooh tomorrow's gonna be an interesting race! Can't wait!

So glad Rosberg did well and Heikki managed to get 15th :D

Hi guys, greetings from Monaco! It was soo cool to walk down the streets that the cars drive.. can't wait until May and watch the race from tv! There were tons of Ferrari shops there and they still had pics of Kimi on the windows :) It was very cool to visit that place.

I just saw pics of what happened to Buemi in practise session, that looked scary..

My dad showed me videoclip where that incident happened to Buemi. It looked very bad. But it seems like he is OK, that's all that matters.

Pfff, I love rainy races because they're always more exciting! Very glad for Nico again for managing to be 3rd.

I can't believe though that Hamilton didn't get a penalty when he and Vettel went to pit stop at the same time. Vettel was clearly driving on the line and he just came in front of him out of nowhere! :angry:

RIP our lovely F1 thread :( :angel: :p

It's so quiet here!

I know it's gotten verrry quiet in here, but the thread ain't dead, no wayyy. I know i missed some stuff, but i saw the race yesterday and loved it, especially since Schumi finished 4th - quite an honorable position nowadays - and managed to keep James Button behind.

That crash in the last lap was really scary - thank goodness for them safety tires, or else i'd hate to think what would've hapenned to Lewis Hamilton.

I loved some of the angles from which the cameras were shooting. During some of the first 10/15 laps there was this really weird and wonderful shot giving you a picture of the track from somewhere on the side of a car and at some other point there was a shot from up on top of Schumi's car - it was as though you right there with him in the car driving, loved it :D

My other Michael (Schumacher) is slowly getting back on form, so I liked this race. But I felt sorry for Vettel - he should be leading this WDC by far now, but he is always hit by some mechanical problem. :( Felt sorry for Lewis too. But I was happy for Michael! :D

I was soooo nervous for Vettel because of the brakes in the end! I feared he would crash or something. Thanks God he made it safely to the finish and even 3rd.

Haha it was cool to watch the qualification from Monaco, I saw all the places where we walked there.. :D

Hopefully Vettel will have a good start tomorrow and Red Bull will drive to another great race :hat_wave: :)

OMG i almost could not find this thread...lol

well just wanted to write that yesterday with some fans we gave Lewis H. a Thriller 25th Special editon CD with a Michael pin as a gift and included a short message. He was very happy for it..since he is also a big fan of Michael :) (this was in Budapest)

Last edited:
OMG i almost could not find this thread...lol

well just wanted to write that yesterday with some fans we gave Lewis H. a Thriller 25th Special editon CD with a Michael pin as a gift and included a short message. He was very happy for it..since he is also a big fan of Michael :) (this was in Budapest)
Yeah, the thread has been dead basically since Kinga left, she was the heart of this thread :) I don't feel like posting stuff only for myself anymore, haha.

Hamilton is an MJ fan?? Hmm.. well I guess he couldn't be completely bad person, lol :D Thanks for telling!

Yeah, the thread has been dead basically since Kinga left, she was the heart of this thread :) I don't feel like posting stuff only for myself anymore, haha.

Hamilton is an MJ fan?? Hmm.. well I guess he couldn't be completely bad person, lol :D Thanks for telling!

ah i see, pity:(

yeah big fan of Michael, first we just showed him the CD and i stood there in Michael shirt (which i am not sure he noticed) and he winked and gave his thumb (for the Thriller CD), then when he came out from the hotel we gave it to him as a gift with a short note "Because we know you love our Angel.." :angel::cheeky: he said: "oh wow, thank you" and then he was signing several autographs for others, but he kept holding the CD and did not give to security. then when he got into the car we showed the peace sign, and he smiled.
The day before he and the others visited our Parliament. There were not many ppl i think 10. When the arrived/left they got out of the cars and only him, Button and Senna came to the barrier where we stood even though we asked all of them.
i took this pic there, it was his idea to sign this little boy`s t-shirt :)
DSC01643.jpg

btw i am not fan of him etc, just went there with a friend for fun who likes him, but here he gave really positive impression and he was very very nice with the ppl. Then i googled him and Michael and found several articles of him talking about Michael even before last year...so i thought why not taking my sealed Thriller CD which ended up as a gift from the Hungarian Michael fans :D

Cool! Thanks for sharing your experience :) I'm definitely not his fan either lol :lol: Especially when he's driving. But I guess I don't dislike him so strongly now..

I know :no: I wonder how she's doin' these days. Hope all is well with her.

ah i see, pity:(

yeah big fan of Michael, first we just showed him the CD and i stood there in Michael shirt (which i am not sure he noticed) and he winked and gave his thumb (for the Thriller CD), then when he came out from the hotel we gave it to him as a gift with a short note "Because we know you love our Angel.." :angel::cheeky: he said: "oh wow, thank you" and then he was signing several autographs for others, but he kept holding the CD and did not give to security. then when he got into the car we showed the peace sign, and he smiled.
The day before he and the others visited our Parliament. There were not many ppl i think 10. When the arrived/left they got out of the cars and only him, Button and Senna came to the barrier where we stood even though we asked all of them.
i took this pic there, it was his idea to sign this little boy`s t-shirt :)
DSC01643.jpg

btw i am not fan of him etc, just went there with a friend for fun who likes him, but here he gave really positive impression and he was very very nice with the ppl. Then i googled him and Michael and found several articles of him talking about Michael even before last year...so i thought why not taking my sealed Thriller CD which ended up as a gift from the Hungarian Michael fans :D

Yes, i remember those articles about Lewis being a fan of Michael's.

Lovely, lovely gesture on you and your friend's part to give him the CD and the pin :clapping: I'm not surprised to hear he is a very nice person. I remember seeing him on Top Gear and thinking how kind and funny he was.

You guys were so lucky to have the race today. Budapest and F1 - two of my favorite things in the world. I sooo wish i could have been there.

Sad to see they punished Schumi for the next race at Spa in Belgium. Can't wait for this year to be over, so he can properly compete for the title in the next one. I sure hope things will change then.

I've always meant to post this Robbie vid in this thread right here. Quite appropriate don't y'all think?

Very funny vid 4 an awesomely so right song. Robbie and that British sense of humor or his, what else can i say? LOL

I know :no: I wonder how she's doin' these days. Hope all is well with her.
Don't worry she is fine :yes: Following Kimi now at rally with the enthusiasm she used to have for F1.

Lovely, lovely gesture on you and your friend's part to give him the CD and the pin :clapping: I'm not surprised to hear he is a very nice person. I remember seeing him on Top Gear and thinking how kind and funny he was.

You guys were so lucky to have the race today. Budapest and F1 - two of my favorite things in the world. I sooo wish i could have been there.

Sad to see they punished Schumi for the next race at Spa in Belgium. Can't wait for this year to be over, so he can properly compete for the title in the next one. I sure hope things will change then.

Nooo I've actually enjoyed this season very much! Because there is so many guys fighting for the title! (Even though it seems Red Bulls are always on the top) And today was an exciting race, especially on the pit lane :bugeyed

Go Vettel! :hat_wave::wub: :cheeky:

Go Vettel indeed!

Yesterday I watched the race first time from first lap to last lap this season. I'd say it was kinda interesting race. Kobayashi had great race. And Petrov. But I wonder the punishment Vettel got. I think there was no reason for punishment but there's nothing you can do about it anymore. Oh man Vettel didn't look very happy while driving to 3rd place... :(

But for the rest of the season, GO VETTEL!

I was at the Hungarian race last weekend. It was super cool, even though my favourite driver, Michael Schumacher didn't do too well. But he's such a cool guy anyway. And still the most popular driver out there judging by the reaction of the crowds. The atmosphere was great.

Ah BTW, Schumacher is also a fan of MJ. ;)

I didn't think him almost killing Rubens on the wall was a good move.

My personal opinion is he has had his time, yes its undisputed that he is one of the best drivers ever if not the best, but to mare that with coming back not doing well and almost killing someone is not exactly the best PR for him.

He didn't kill anybody. IMO the row over that move is blown waaaaay out of proportion. I have seen moves like this a lot of times and nobody said a thing. Just watch this with Webber doing exactly the same to Massa in 2008:

Or Senna did it to Prost too - not only "almost" but he did push him to the wall!

On of the reasons I like MS is that the media does the same with him as what they did with MJ - they hate him and the criticize him for everything that they leave totally uncriticized if others do it. Double standards.

As for not doing well: He has done it ALL, he can afford to come back for the fun of it! And that's exactly why he came back, not for PR. He couldn't care less about PR.

Last edited:
OT but it's incredible how much faster Massa's car was compared to Webber's in the beginning of that video :bugeyed

Maybe it was order from the team. :D Not...

I was talking with my father during that race about Schumacher and his return. We thought that Schumacher's car was originally made for Jenson Button who went to McLaren. And these two drivers have so different driving styles. If Schumacher continues next season (I believe he does), I'd say he'll get better results.

About that wall incident. I think it was pretty basic overtake, nothing new in that.

And of course Michael Schumacher is fan of MJ! Who isn't? :D Lewis is also.

Cool! Thanks for sharing your experience :) I'm definitely not his fan either lol :lol: Especially when he's driving. But I guess I don't dislike him so strongly now..

yeah neither I, he was really nice!:)

Thank you:)
Wow you like Budapest? That is cool! Maybe you can come next year?

I have more nice stories about Lewis, since we met him again on Sunday twice.
I walked to his hotel with my friend in the evening, and he came out like 15 min later because he was leaving somewhere. I asked him if he liked the Thriller CD and my friend told him we gave it to him, and he went so excited, he said "I can`t believe it guys you gave me one, that is my favourite!!! i listened to it that night" He was so nice, really happy for the CD:) Then we told this story to a friend who was there when we gave the CD and he took a Moonwalker DVD so like 2 hours later when we met Lewis again he gave it to him. He was again really happy, he said again that he listened to the CD that night. Then we walked with him a bit on the street and he said that he was so sad last year when he heard the news..and that Michael is great etc. He liked my friend`s Michael t-shirt, and asked us if we can dance like him? And he said that he can kick Christ Tucker style with the left leg and even showed it to us. He was really cool! He also told us "see you next year" ;)
:wild::(

yeah neither I, he was really nice!:)

Thank you:)
Wow you like Budapest? That is cool! Maybe you can come next year?

I have more nice stories about Lewis, since we met him again on Sunday twice.
I walked to his hotel with my friend in the evening, and he came out like 15 min later because he was leaving somewhere. I asked him if he liked the Thriller CD and my friend told him we gave it to him, and he went so excited, he said "I can`t believe it guys you gave me one, that is my favourite!!! i listened to it that night" He was so nice, really happy for the CD:) Then we told this story to a friend who was there when we gave the CD and he took a Moonwalker DVD so like 2 hours later when we met Lewis again he gave it to him. He was again really happy, he said again that he listened to the CD that night. Then we walked with him a bit on the street and he said that he was so sad last year when he heard the news..and that Michael is great etc. He liked my friend`s Michael t-shirt, and asked us if we can dance like him? And he said that he can kick Christ Tucker style with the left leg and even showed it to us. He was really cool! He also told us "see you next year" ;)
:wild::(
Haha that's cool, thanks for sharing again Ágnes :) (why the sad smiley?) This is not good for the image I had of Hamilton in my head though, it was so easy to dislike him before but now I just can't.. lol.

Back