Free Antivirus programs?

I installed it and it looks good. :)

Thanks. Do you people think that 1 antivirus program is enough? Should i download more of them?

AVG is definitely good, it's the only one I'm using and I've got zero problems so I don't think anymore would do much better, couldn't do any worse though.

basically if youre computer is slow, it could be a number of things

1) viruses.
2) spyware and adware
3) the computer has a number of programs running in the background

okay, with that out of the way, i recommend avg anti virus like others have suggested. installed the program and scan your entire computer. also check daily to see if there are no updates to download and install.

even with programs like avg anti virus it doesnt pick up every virus, adware and spyware so installed something like ad-aware or spybot search and destroy. both are free. once you have installed, download the latest updates and scan entire computer.

lastly to see what programs might be running silently in the background go into your start menu on your computer, click on run and type msconfig and go into startup and declick most of the boxes of other programs you dont need to be running while using your computer and then click restart.

Back