Future features on re-releases on vinyl.

AlexRox

Proud Member
There need to be some unbelievable features on future re-releases on vinyl!!! There need to be 3-D vinyl covers and or lenticular ones and laser etched vinyls...perhaps holograms on them as well! Just like Jack White has done in recent years...even a recent Star Wars re-release on vinyl has had a hologram too!

The effect on this Star Wars vinyl sure is pretty. Wouldn't it be great to see something like this for MJ, perhaps of him spinning? :D

Oh! Oh! My mistake! I forgot! No one wants anything like this to happen anymore! My mistake! My mistake! I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-8B-_Jq2ro

Go to 5:40 for the hologram information. BUT as you can there is the Ultra vinyl as well. Not that tracks need to be freekin' hidden to where you have to tear up sh-it to get to it but needless to say there are some interesting things going on here...

Of course if the Estate were smart they would hook up with Jack White and Third Man Records doing this stuff. Of course neither Sony or the fans want anything like this to happen. So it will not.

Last edited:
The only album I could see a holographic vinyl working well for is Dangerous. But I figure any of them could do.

I'm a vinyl lover but I haven't picked up any Michael Jackson ones in some time. I'd definitely put some money down for this.

Oh! Oh! My mistake! I forgot! No one wants anything like this to happen anymore! My mistake! My mistake! I'm sorry.

Of course neither Sony or the fans want anything like this to happen. So it will not.

Okay, you're either trolling or you're more butt hurt than I anticipated. But either way, relax.

As long as the music is mastered properly we should be happy. HIStory and BOTDF need a new pressing with a remaster. I've heard bad things about those 2.

The original pressings of the first 4 albums are sublime, and can't see them being bettered. Invincible is also phenomenal, such an improvement on the crappy CD audio.

I personally couldn't care for any other special features on an LP myself.

As long as the music is mastered properly we should be happy. HIStory and BOTDF need a new pressing with a remaster. I've heard bad things about those 2.

The original pressings of the first 4 albums are sublime, and can't see them being bettered. Invincible is also phenomenal, such an improvement on the crappy CD audio.

I personally couldn't care for any other special features on an LP myself.

do you have the original pressing of Invincible? I've read that the MOV pressing is better.

Dangerous sounds absolutely excellent - I spin that one more than any others.

Is Invincible truly as good as people say it is? I'm interested in picking it up solely because I've heard nothing but praise for the vinyl pressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-8B-_Jq2ro

Go to 5:40 for the hologram information. BUT as you can there is the Ultra vinyl as well. Not that tracks need to be freekin' hidden to where you have to tear up sh-it to get to it but needless to say there are some interesting things going on here...

Of course if the Estate were smart they would hook up with Jack White and Third Man Records doing this stuff. Of course neither Sony or the fans want anything like this to happen. So it will not.
I watched this video and I'm sorry to say that I don't really get the point of these. To hear hidden songs? So you have to change the speed from 33 to 45 in the middle of playing the album? So you can hear a song under the label that sounds "scratchy?" This seems like a waste of time and effort.

I must be the only person alive that still wants to stack my albums up on the stereo and let them drop down themselves and play while I look at the album covers and read the liner notes and lyrics.

Well, as I was saying, if anything it is the hologram that would be awesome!

do you have the original pressing of Invincible? I've read that the MOV pressing is better.

MOV. I've read the original pressing is the EXACT same as the CD. I have a couple of Bowie MOVs arriving shortly that are supposed to sound magnificent too. Hopefully. But yes, Invincible sounds fantastic. The music sounds so organic

Music on Vinyl. They've issued a few of Michael's studio albums - OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and Invincible.

Listened to the MOV OTW again last night and it really sounds great. I may get the Bad one if it has the CD mixes, I imagine it sounds better than Bad 25

Back