George Michael

I adore Jesus to a child. Which album is that on?
[/b]

Bit of info on that song, It was written in 1995 in rememberance of George's first love who died of Aids in 1993.

It is found originally found on the 1996 album 'Older'

Also on his greatest hits 'Ladies & Gentlemen - The Best of George Michael' and on his upcoming greatest hits '25' which be released in November :flowers:

I've only herad one song of his all the way and that was "Faith".
[/b]

so you missed a lot because he is really talented and has plenty of great songs

I love George Michael's music, he's an incredible vocalist and songwriter. I enjoy all 5 of his studio albums, but "Older" has to be my favorite, followed closely by "Patience."

He also seems like a really nice guy, even with all the negative tabloid press about him lately.

I love George Michael's music, he's an incredible vocalist and songwriter. I enjoy all 5 of his studio albums, but "Older" has to be my favorite, followed closely by "Patience."

He also seems like a really nice guy, even with all the negative tabloid press about him lately.
[/b]

Thank you for this wonderful post....he is a marvelous man....

And Older is also my favourite album followed by Patience, then Listen Without Prejudice then Faith....

so you missed a lot because he is really talented and has plenty of great songs
[/b]

So true.... :flowers:

20 October 2006
'CANNABIS KEEPS ME HAPPY AND SANE.. BUT DON'T DO IT TILL YOU'VE DONE WHAT YOU WANT TO IN LIFE'
EXCLUSIVE GEORGE ON DRUGS
By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor
GEORGE Michael has disclosed that cannabis keeps him "sane and happy" - while admitting it can be a "terrible, terrible drug".

The 43-year-old singer launched into an extraordinary defence of his habit in a frank ITV1 interview in which he openly smoked a joint before the cameras.

Inhaling deeply, he said: "This is the only drug I've ever thought worth taking but you have to wait. It never occurred to me to take even this until I was about 22 or 23.

Advertisement

"This stuff keeps me sane and happy. I could write without it...if I were sane and happy. I'd say it's a great drug - but obviously it's not very healthy. You can't afford to smoke it if you've got anything to do. Anything at all would be foolish."

George spoke candidly backstage before a concert in Madrid where the drug is legal. Denying he was out of control after twice being caught slumped at the wheel of his car, he told interviewer Melvyn Bragg: "I'm enjoying my life."

The gay star also confessed to being "sexually frustrated for years" as he struggled to pretend he was straight.

Puffing away, George said dope was "very good for creative people". But he added: "It can be a terrible, terrible drug.

"You've got to be in the right position in life to take it. You've got to have achieved most of your ambitions because it chills you out to such a degree you could lose your ambitions."

He admitted he had dabbled with other drugs - and regretted all of them except cannabis. He said: "There's not another drug in life that I'm glad I took but grass.

"I think my life might be somewhere else if I'd chosen another avenue.

"Alcohol for instance. Christ, if I drank as much as I smoked. My God, I'd be like Keith Richards."

The in-depth interview, to be screened on the South Bank Show on October 31, was filmed over the past two months as George prepared for his first world tour in 15 years.

At the start, a message on screen reads: "George Michael wishes to inform viewers he has never tested positive for drink or drugs when driving."

It refers to his arrest this month when he was cautioned for possessing cannabis after being found slumped at the wheel of his car near his North London home.

He was also cautioned in February when found asleep at the wheel near Hyde Park. Two months later, he pranged three parked cars. In July he was caught having sex on Hampstead Heath.

George, who lives with long term partner Kenny Goss, 48, said: "The public think I'm a man on the brink of a breakdown because I fell asleep in my car, I hit a parked car and because I cruise as a gay man."

But far from losing personal control, he insisted: "I feel good. I live in the house of my dreams with the man of my dreams. I'm happy with the music I'm making - and I'm still loaded.

"I'm enjoying my life. Even though there's a picture that's being painted, I'd be much more unhappy if it were true."

In the hour long-special, called George Michael - I'm Your Man, the star reveals that Led Zeppelin are his favourite rock band, because "they sound like people who know how to have sex".

George also said coming out has led to gay fans deserting him. He said: "They're only interested when you're in the closet. Once you're out, they don't give a t**s."

The film addresses political messages in some of his songs, especially one in which George portrays Tony Blair as George Bush's poodle. He said: "As the years go by, Mr Blair is making Shoot the Dog a word perfect protest song."

The interview ends with the legendary crooner wishing he was not in the news so much for the wrong reasons.

He tells Bragg: "I hope my future is very different. I hope I learn to shut my mouth.

"If I did, I would probably have all the sex I like, wherever I like. Which I do anyway, to be honest with you.

"I should learn to shut my mouth and sing. That would be clever."

South Bank Show Special, ITV1, October 31, 10pm.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=-...-name_page.html

------------

I loooove this man..... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the programme.

He does tend to put his foot in it and doesnt do himself many favours but heck, I dont give a rats ass about his personal life so why should I care!

Cant wait til 14th December!

l just got back from George Michael concert it was greeeeet. If you get to attend his concert dont hesitate. Damn th eman is hoooot. l know what you al thinking :D

Oh, please tell us more...what were the highlights and your favourite parts.

I am really looking forward to the show, I dont yet know where my seats are but I really aint that bothered to be honest, to hear his live music and know he is there will be fantastic!

he seems to be very frustrated for me.... (???)

but... I'll keep my further comments for myself...

Looking forward to seeing the programme.

He does tend to put his foot in it and doesnt do himself many favours but heck, I dont give a rats ass about his personal life so why should I care!

Cant wait til 14th December!
[/b]

WOW...thats the date I'll be going :sarmoti

l just got back from George Michael concert it was greeeeet. If you get to attend his concert dont hesitate. Damn th eman is hoooot. l know what you al thinking :D
[/b]

Thanks....he is just heveanly.... :p

[/b]

I think he may want certain things differently i.e. his mother...but he is trying to be as happy as he can with his life...

Oh, please tell us more...what were the highlights and your favourite parts.

I am really looking forward to the show, I dont yet know where my seats are but I really aint that bothered to be honest, to hear his live music and know he is there will be fantastic!
[/b]

I have never seen him live either....my seats are center left...

I love George Michael his last "innocodent" where he was supposedly found slumped was, down my street in his car (in NW London lol). And he lives not far from me, obviously - the posh area... not the ghetto harlem dirt hole that I live in.
He has an amazin voice, I love WHAM and George

Who cares, its only weed? Look at Bob Marley, a musical genius, a legend, just cause he smoked dope it doesnt mean anything
Weed is a natural herb

I love George Michael his last "innocodent" where he was supposedly found slumped was, down my street in his car (in NW London lol). And he lives not far from me, obviously - the posh area... not the ghetto harlem dirt hole that I live in.
He has an amazin voice, I love WHAM and George

Who cares, its only weed? Look at Bob Marley, a musical genius, a legend, just cause he smoked dope it doesnt mean anything
Weed is a natural herb

[/b]

I officially LOVE you !!!

[/b]

I guess none of us can relate of us can relate on how to loose a mother. L guess that where one sees his fustration. And the state of the world that is. I f you listen to his songs then you would understand.

l loved freek 04, American Angel, precious box. The final song was of cource careless whisper. And he left us wanting more. You should have heard the fans they didnt want to leave so he finally closed of with freedom. He spoke so little but you could still feel his presence and the voice men..l cant find the words :blush:

I guess none of us can relate of us can relate on how to loose a mother. L guess that where one sees his fustration. And the state of the world that is. I f you listen to his songs then you would understand.

l loved freek 04, American Angel, precious box. The final song was of cource careless whisper. And he left us wanting more. You should have heard the fans they didnt want to leave so he finally closed of with freedom. He spoke so little but you could still feel his presence and the voice men..l cant find the words :blush:
[/b]

Wow...I know, the fans say he hardly interacts with the crowd but his mere presence....

Thank You for your review. I cannot wait until its my turn.... :wild:

LONDON, Oct 31 (Reuters Life!) - Pop star George Michael will lend the piano on which John Lennon composed his famous 1971 peace anthem "Imagine" to an anti-war exhibition in the United States organized by his partner Kenny Goss.

The former Wham! frontman bought the piano, which is a simple upright model and not the white version that appeared on the original record cover, at an auction in October, 2000, for over $2 million. It has not left the UK before.

Long-term partner Kenny Goss, who opened the Goss Gallery in Dallas last year, said it was the perfect location to launch the exhibition.

"We decided to do it in Dallas, because what better place is there to reiterate how important peace is?" Goss told Reuters.

"Dallas is (President) George Bush's home. It's a great place to remind people how important it is that we find peace."

He said the exhibition, which opens at the gallery on December 5 and closes on January 13, 2007, would focus on three trouble spots -- Vietnam, Beirut and Afghanistan -- and feature the work of renowned war photographer Don McCullin.

Goss added that his interest in art only really began after he met Michael more than 10 years ago.

"I grew up in a working class family, but meeting George 11 years ago gave me the luxury of visiting the best galleries in the world," he said.

Michael has been a regular fixture in Britain's celebrity-obsessed tabloid newspapers in recent years, and Goss has been dragged into the media glare.

Michael announced he was gay in 1998 after being arrested for engaging in a "lewd act" in a public toilet in Los Angeles, and has had subsequent run-ins with the law in Britain on suspicion of possessing illegal drugs.

He has indicated his intention to legally register his relationship with Goss this year.

Michael is currently on a sellout tour, his first in 15 years, and launches his new album "Twenty-Five" on November

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....C1_%5BFeed%5D-1

UK fans, the South Bank Show special is now on with some great clips of what we have to look forward to on the tour...he;s got such a fantastic voice!

ITV1 now on

UK fans, the South Bank Show special is now on with some great clips of what we have to look forward to on the tour...he;s got such a fantastic voice!

ITV1 now on
[/b]

We are getting minute by minute reports on the GM board.

Michael plans nurses-only concert

Singer George Michael is to perform a free concert for NHS-registered nurses as part of his greatest hits tour.

The concert will take place at the Roundhouse in London on 20 December.

In a message on his website, the former Wham! star said he wanted to thank the nurses who cared for his mother when she was on her deathbed.

"The nurses that helped my family at that time were incredible people, and I realised just how undervalued these amazing people are."

Michael begins the UK leg of his Twentyfive tour on Friday at Manchester's MEN Arena.

Headlines

"Almost 10 years ago, during the last week of my mother's life, I told my friends and family that if I ever played my own concerts again, I would make sure to do a free one for NHS nurses," writes the singer.

"I can't wait. Neither can the tour crew, for entirely different reasons."

Michael made headlines last month after being filmed smoking cannabis on an ITV programme.

In October he was cautioned by police for possessing cannabis after being found in north London slumped at the wheel of his car.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...ent/6149926.stm

_42330112_georgemichael_203_ap.jpg

George Michael kicks off UK tour

George Michael has opened his first UK tour in 15 years with a concert at the MEN Arena in Manchester.

The singer, who has rarely been out of the tabloids, had said as recently as last year that his career was over.

But soon after he announced a Europe-wide greatest hits tour which began in Barcelona in September to broadly positive reviews.

The 42-year-old singer said he was enjoying touring but felt his recording career was "all finished for now".

Free concert

The ex-Wham star has been the centre of intense media scrutiny over his private life and often outspoken opinions on drug taking.

But his popularity with the public seems as strong as ever with his concerts selling out within hours.

He said of the tour: "To be perfectly honest, I've enjoyed it so much I wish I started again years ago."

Asked how long he would keep on singing, he said: "There's no restriction to how long I can do the live thing, now that I have decided I can do it.

"But in terms of releasing CDs and trying to get on the radio, I think that is all finished for now."

Michael will play two more dates in Manchester before further concerts in Glasgow, London and Birmingham.

He is also performing a free concert for nurses in London to thank them for caring for his mother.

The star is also marking his 25 years in showbusiness with an hour-long interview with BBC Radio 2, which will be broadcast on Saturday evening at 2000BST.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...ent/6161186.stm

I am sooo happy for him....

God, he seems so happy and relaxed, actually making me cry...

I'll see on Dec 14th George... :D
[/b]

Me too jamgirl, where you sitting? I havent been told yet,I only know that I will get my tickets within the next 2 weeks...I have 4 others coming with me, it will be one great night!!!!

Very Good Songwriter&Vocalist,but he just lost his drive as a Artist in the bigger picture. one of those cats that should have been more than he got out of his run. to Me he did Pop Music the right way for a minute. Justin Timberlake should take notes from GM about learning the songwriting craft&making your own way.

An hour long interview on Saturday? Oh boy, I still have the South Bank Show and Kirsty Wark interviews from a couple of weeks ago to watch from what I recorded. He sure loves to talk.

Can't wait for the concert. I'm going on 11th December.

Me too jamgirl, where you sitting? I havent been told yet,I only know that I will get my tickets within the next 2 weeks...I have 4 others coming with me, it will be one great night!!!!
[/b]

In the Green Section, my cousin will be givin me the tix when I land in London.

Very Good Songwriter&Vocalist,but he just lost his drive as a Artist in the bigger picture. one of those cats that should have been more than he got out of his run. to Me he did Pop Music the right way for a minute. Justin Timberlake should take notes from GM about learning the songwriting craft&making your own way.
[/b]

They Should. He shouldve sold more that 85 million records methinks...

BTW, he has the #1 album in Britain... :sarmoti

LOVE George Michael.
Infact, I have ALL of his albums. "Older" is a masterpiece.

I can't believe he's not doing to well in the states.. He's new Greatest hits cd has just hit number one here in the uk.

LOVE George Michael.
Infact, I have ALL of his albums. "Older" is a masterpiece.

I can't believe he's not doing to well in the states.. He's new Greatest hits cd has just hit number one here in the uk.
[/b]

Older is his best work I think, but he was going through the greiving process of losing his lover thats why I think that album is sooo brilliant.

Patience is a close second methinks.

Back