George Michael

Just thougt I'd post some photos of George and Kenny....(I'm so glad he found love again !!!) :blush:

troupez2.jpg

melly1970-kennyinauto.jpg

gkveryhot.jpg

georgenkennykissin.jpg

georgedrivin.jpg

32-1.jpg

georgemichaelepa173229g4xr.jpg

:wub:

Well, what can I say....witnessed my first ever George Michael live concert last night at Wembley....what a fantastic show it was!!!! I desperately want to see it again.

Poor old George, he was suffering from a bad cold (which to be honest, I never noticed until he said it!) but his vocals were superb.

I loved the stage setting, the crowd, the backing singers.....everything! But most importantly, the voice. I have thought about this and have to say that vocally....this concert was the best I've been to, and that includes any MJ show. The entertainer in MJ doesnt allow him to perform flawless vocals , its all about the spectacle and stage show with MJ ... but Georges show was just 100% pure fun! I saw Madonna for the first time this year too, but still had a better time at GM.

He interacted with the crowd a lot and he really acknowledges the whole arena, even if you are sat right at the back he wants to see you up on your feet!

Where is Jamgirl....I think she was going last night too!

Well, what can I say....witnessed my first ever George Michael live concert last night at Wembley....what a fantastic show it was!!!! I desperately want to see it again.

Poor old George, he was suffering from a bad cold (which to be honest, I never noticed until he said it!) but his vocals were superb.

I loved the stage setting, the crowd, the backing singers.....everything! But most importantly, the voice. I have thought about this and have to say that vocally....this concert was the best I've been to, and that includes any MJ show. The entertainer in MJ doesnt allow him to perform flawless vocals , its all about the spectacle and stage show with MJ ... but Georges show was just 100% pure fun! I saw Madonna for the first time this year too, but still had a better time at GM.

He interacted with the crowd a lot and he really acknowledges the whole arena, even if you are sat right at the back he wants to see you up on your feet!

Where is Jamgirl....I think she was going last night too!
[/b]

Here I am :)

Here is my report

Me and my boyfriend, my best friend and his boyfriend arrived like two and a half hours before time ...

I think this has been the most significant event for my almost 21 years.

I had never ever ever seen him live before and it is not something I will soon forget.

When 'Waiting' began, I held on to Ahmed (my bf) for dear life....I thought I was going to pass out...the Here I am....I screamed like a little girl (my bf looked around embrassed....)

Flawless, Fast love, father figure and so on....were all just wonderful, I think tears were coming down my cheeks for the entire thing....and George is quite funny.....the I'm a man bit.....I was like a wild monkey when I shreiked.

The Shoot the Dog bit is funny, I must say, so much more lifelike. The stage is something you have to see to really appreciate. Pictures/Videos do it no justice.

Now, I must say this, I normally dont like Jesus to A Child (I find it horribly depressing) but when he dedicated it to Anselmo and all the way through the song I was blubbering Ahmed looked a bit misty as well, though he'd never admit it.

But then he got into Amazing (which he dedicated to his partner), I'm your man

Aiight thanks i always thought it was Somebody tell me. lol One more try is DA BOMB my favorite of him.
[/b]

I use to think the same thing. :lol:

One More Try is my favorite as well.

Driving charge for singer Michael

Singer George Michael has been charged by police with being unfit to drive, it has emerged.

Following an incident in his car in north London in October, the star, 43, was arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive and possessing drugs.

He was cautioned for possessing cannabis, but only charged with the driving offence just before Christmas, Metropolitan Police have confirmed.

He will appear at Brent Magistrates' Court in London on 11 January.

The singer was arrested after motorists called police to report a car causing an obstruction at traffic lights in Cricklewood.

He was later cautioned for drug possession and released on police bail pending further inquiries on his fitness to drive.

In February, Mr Michael was cautioned by police for possessing cannabis after being found in his car at Hyde Park Corner, central London.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...ent/6220609.stm

^^ George will probably have his license suspended (which is not a bad idea) and probably fined. He's gonna be aiight.

Star sings for Moscow billionaire

Singer George Michael has been paid a reported £1.5m for an hour's concert at a Russian billionaire's New Year party.

The unnamed businessman paid for Michael to entertain his 300 guests on his private estate 20 miles outside Moscow, the star's spokeswoman said.

The fee is believed to have set a record for a concert in Russia.

Michael and his entourage was flown in on a private jet and despite being reported to have had "fun" he was back in his London home by morning.

The host is believed to have turned his sports hall into a nightclub especially for the party.

Michael, 43, has just finished the British leg of his Twentyfive tour which included a free concert for nurses in London.

Other stars who have picked up big cheques include Christina Aguilera, reportedly paid £1m for performing three songs at the wedding of Russian oligarch Andrei Melnichenko in September 2005.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...ent/6227341.stm

Star sings for Moscow billionaire

Singer George Michael has been paid a reported £1.5m for an hour's concert at a Russian billionaire's New Year party.

The unnamed businessman paid for Michael to entertain his 300 guests on his private estate 20 miles outside Moscow, the star's spokeswoman said.

The fee is believed to have set a record for a concert in Russia.

Michael and his entourage was flown in on a private jet and despite being reported to have had "fun" he was back in his London home by morning.

The host is believed to have turned his sports hall into a nightclub especially for the party.

Michael, 43, has just finished the British leg of his Twentyfive tour which included a free concert for nurses in London.

Other stars who have picked up big cheques include Christina Aguilera, reportedly paid £1m for performing three songs at the wedding of Russian oligarch Andrei Melnichenko in September 2005.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...ent/6227341.stm[/b]

Go George !!! It's your birthday !!!!

More money for Mr. Goss to splurge with :D

Few of us would expect to be paid £1.78million for 75 minutes' work.

But when you're George Michael and you've given up your New Year celebrations to fly to Moscow to sing at a private party, the rewards are rich.

The sum - which works out at £23,823 a minute - is thought to be the largest a recording artist has earned for a single gig.

The singer, whose hits include Careless Whisper, I'm Your Man and Last Christmas, is said to have taken most of his payment in cash.

He was flown to Russia by multi-billionaire Vladimir Potanin to perform at a New Year party for 250 of his family, friends and business associates.

Michael's gig lasted from 3.30am to 4.45am on New Year's Day as the highlight of the event. Guests were treated to 13 of the singer's hits in rapid succession.

The singer had 25 crew members and 15 band members flown out with him from the UK to support him at vast expense.

Michael, 43, his partner Kenny Goss, the crew and band were put up in suites at two of the city's top hotels.

Before being flown out by private jet, Michael had negotiated a one-off cash payment rounded up to $3.5million - or £1,786,743.

A security source said: 'George was flown in on the 30th. He went to Red Square on the morning of the 31st. He went to the venue late and started performing at 3.30am.

'This was a private closed party only for the closest friends of Mr Potanin. There were a lot of officials and wealthy Russian individuals.

'The gig lasted an hour and he left the venue at about 6am and flew straight back to London on his own private charter jet.

'It is always more convenient to deal in cash and George seems to be happy with that arrangement.'

Mr Potanin is worth more than £4billion and is ranked by Forbes magazine as Russia's ninth-richest individual.

The company he manages, Norilsk Nickel, is the world's largest producer of palladium and platinum. Mr Potanin won control of Norilsk in the 1990s from the mine's communistera directors.

In 1996, he became the country's first deputy prime minister under Boris Yeltsin, the highest office ever held by an oligarch.

He is 45, married with three children and lives in an exclusive Moscow apartment complex with its own ski run.

He is now building his own ski resort in southern Russia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...e#StartComments

Pop singer Michael denies charge

Pop singer George Michael has pleaded not guilty to a charge of being unfit to drive.

Mr Michael's lawyer entered the plea at Brent Magistrates' Court, north-west London. The 43-year-old star did not attend the hearing.

The musician was arrested last October on suspicion of being unfit to drive and possessing drugs. He was later cautioned for possessing cannabis.

A further hearing was set for 7 March to hear legal argument.

Earlier caution

The singer was arrested after motorists called police to report a car causing an obstruction at traffic lights in Cricklewood, north London on 1 October 2006. He was taken to hospital.

Mr Michael was later cautioned for drug possession and released on police bail pending further inquiries over his fitness to drive. He was charged with the driving offence just before Christmas.

In February 2006, Mr Michael was cautioned by police for possessing cannabis after being found in his car at Hyde Park Corner, central London.

Wednesday's court date comes days after the former Wham! star was paid a reported £1.5m for a one-hour concert at a Russian billionaire's New Year party.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...ent/6247025.stm

Yes...

Faith is great too,...and Too funky....and Careless Whisper....
well,..almost every song. :D

SONY BMG AND GOSS GALLERY ANNOUNCE
STUDENT PHOTO CONTEST ENTITLED "FIRST LOVE"
Senior Competition to Begin in Dallas and Move to International Cities

Winners to Receive Sony Computer, Digital Camera and Savings Bonds DALLAS (January xx, 2007) - Kenny Goss, owner of Goss Gallery, and his partner, musician George Michael, have announced a student photo contest sponsored by Goss Gallery in Dallas and Sony BMG Music Entertainment, one of the world's leaders in music and entertainment. The theme of the competition is "First Love," centered on the romantic vision of February's Valentine's Day.

Open to seniors in public and private high schools in the Dallas, Collin and Denton counties, the competition will run from Tuesday, January 23 through Saturday, February 10. Contestants must be enrolled in 12th grade and submit either a color or black and white original, unframed digital image with a minimum size of 8"x10" and maximum size of 20"x24". Only one entry per person will be accepted and entry forms are available at Goss Gallery or on www.gossgallery.com.

The 1st place winner will receive a state-of-the-art Sony computer and digital camera as well as a $1000 United States Savings Bond. The 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive savings bonds of $500 and $250 accordingly. In addition, the winning image will become part of the George Michael-Kenny Goss art collection, displayed in Goss Gallery in Dallas and its offices in London as well as featured on the gallery's website. The Michael-Goss collection has been valued at over $100 million and is considered one of the best photography collections in the world, second only to their close friend and superstar collector Sir Elton John.

"Both George and I strongly believe in nurturing the creativity of young talent in North Texas and throughout the world," said Kenny Goss. "In collaboration with Sony BMG, we welcome the opportunity to challenge the 'eye' of senior high students and encourage them to capture their vision of 'first love.' What better time to celebrate this than during Valentine's week?"

All entries must be delivered to Goss Gallery no later than 4:00 pm on Saturday, February 10. At that time, Goss Gallery Curator and Director Filippo Tattoni-Marcozzi, a noted international art consultant, will narrow the entries to 30 finalists whose works will be displayed in the gallery beginning Tuesday, February 13 through Thursday, February 16. The three winners will be announced at the gallery on Friday, February 16 at 6:00pm.

Members of the Dallas Museum of Art will be invited to visit the gallery during those three days, between 11:00 am and 6:00 pm, and cast their vote for their favorite image. A tally of the votes will determine the winner. Individuals wishing to join the DMA and be eligible for voting should visit www.dma-art.org.

Following the competition in Dallas, plans call for similar student events in cities around the world, according to Goss.

Goss Gallery: Founded by Dallas native Kenny Goss, Goss Gallery (www.gossgallery.com) is located at 2500 Cedar Springs Road at Fairmont in Uptown Dallas. Headed by curator/director and internationally recognized art advisor Filippo Tattoni-Marcozzi, it is a contemporary art gallery featuring a rotating group of international young as well as established artists and was specifically created to reflect the feel and program of the leading galleries of London, Paris and New York, with regularly scheduled exhibitions of 20th and 21st century contemporary painting and photography

OMG!!! He's going to be playing the first concert at the new Wembley Stadium on June 9th.

(Better than Muse playing!)

some good music.. Not a huge fan or anything.. honestly Michael is the onyl person I'm a fan of.. I like other artists.. Great talent. But Mike is the onyl person I go crazy over his gifts.

He's coming to Finland for the first time in July. I'm not a fan or anything but I'm interested in going. Could be fun.

He's coming to Finland for the first time in July. I'm not a fan or anything but I'm interested in going. Could be fun.[/b]

Please go and support my Georgie. :flowers:

And you WILL be satisfied. The man gives an A +++ show.

I'm not a fan of his lifestyle, but the dude is an amazing artist. I absolutely love everything from Wham! and Faith is one of my top 10 albums of all time. The only song I really liked since Faith however is "Fastlove."

I'm not a fan of his lifestyle, but the dude is an amazing artist.[/b]
What does his lifestyle have to do with anything and why do you have to put a disclaimer about it first before you can admit that you like his music? :rolleyes:

According to Seeticket the London tickets have already sold out!!!!! :eek: He's going to have to add some more dates to satisfy demand!!

And I agree with jamgirl, he definitely puts on a fantastic show!!! I loved everything about it!

What does his lifestyle have to do with anything and why do you have to put a disclaimer about it first before you can admit that you like his music? :rolleyes:

According to Seeticket the London tickets have already sold out!!!!! :eek: He's going to have to add some more dates to satisfy demand!!

And I agree with jamgirl, he definitely puts on a fantastic show!!! I loved everything about it![/b]

He added a second Wembley date for June 10. But that's sold out too I think. Georgie :wub:

Back