Get Your Weight Off Of Me - Lyrics

Scared of the Moon

Proud Member
Here are (most) the lyrics of GYWOOM. I combined these from multiple sources. I used censored lyrics (that come from korgnex) as a base and filled them in with a transcription that comes from AdeZ. And also with the lyrics from the leaked snippets. There are still parts missing, but I'm sure people here can help me to complete them.

Get Your Weight Off Of Me

(verse 1)
You took my heart in your hand
****** ** ****** *** like a man
I'll never see you again (******!) (Dah!) (Ah!)

I was the fool you could take
Another heart you *** break
So let me go *** ** ***, ****

(chorus prelude)
**** *** a message to you
You know I'll never stop trying, baby
**** **** *** **, **** (***?) (Dah!)

You got a lesson to learn
You only got what you earn (No, no, no)
I got this game (No, no, no, no)
And I have to go my way alone, baby (**** ** *****) (*** *** *** ** **, ****?) (Ah!)

(chorus)
Just get your weight off of me
Why don't you just let me be (Hee-hee)
You keep on hating on me (Dah!) (mercy) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (**** ***** *** **)
So let me go *** *** **** (**** *** **** *** **)
No more of ** **** ** ***** (Ah!) (******!) (Ah!)

(verse 2)
I'm like your dog on a chain
My thoughts of you still remain
You signed the house in your name (******!) (Dah!)

I *** the pill you should take
** *** disease I can shake
Your every doctor's mistake, **** (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

(chorus prelude)
**** **** *** **, **** (**** *** ** **, ****) (***) (Dah!)

You got a lesson to learn
You only got what you earn
I got this game (Oh, oh, oh)
And I have to go my way alone, baby (Hoooh) (Ah!)

(chorus)
Just get your weight off of me (Hee-hee)
Why don't you just let me be (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
You keep on hating on me (*** *** ** ******* *** **, ****) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
So let me go *** *** **** (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (*** ***** ***?) (*** ***, *** **** *** **) (Ah!)

**** (****)
Just get your weight off of me (**** ** **, ****)
Why don't you just let me be (*** ***** **, ****?) (C'mon!)
You keep on hating on me (*** *** ********** ***) (*** ***** **, ****?) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (**, **, ****)
So let me go *** *** **** (Hoo-hoo-hoo) (** **)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
(Hoo-hoo) (Aouw!)

(Break)

(chorus prelude)
**** **** *** **, **** (Hoaah!) (***?) (Yeah) (Dah!)

You got a lesson to learn (Hoaah)
You only got what you earn (Hoaah)
I got this game (Oh, oh, oh)
And I have to go my way alone, baby (Hoooh-hooh) (Ah!)

(chorus)
Just get your weight off of me (Yeaaah)
Why don't you just let me be (Yeaaah)
You keep on hating on me (Hee) (*** ****** **** **** **** *******, ****) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (Hee-hee)
So let me go *** *** **** (**** ***** **, ****?)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (*** ****, *** **** *** **) (Ah!)

Just get your weight off of me (***** ** **, ****)
Why don't you just let me be (*** ***** **, ****?)
You keep on hating on me (****** **, ****) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (** ****, ***?)
So let me go *** *** **** (** ***?) (**)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (*****)
(Hoo-hoo)

(Ah!) You Ain't gonna ever get out (Just get your weight off of me)
*** **** ***** ***** **** *** *** (Hoo-hoo)
*** **** ***** ***** **** *** *** (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
*** **** ***** ***** **** *** *** (** **!) (Uuh!)

(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) (** **, ****!)
(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) [Beatbox] (** **!)
(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) [Beatbox] (* **** ** ****) (** **!)
(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) [Beatbox]

This are the lyrics that AdeZ interpreted (They aren't 100% accurate. Some of the lyrics don't match with korgnex's censored lyrics):

something
I'll be your something like a man
I'll never see you again adlib

I was the fool you could take
Another heart you could break
So let me go something

I gave a message to you, you know I never stop trying baby, something
You got a lesson to learn, you only get what you earned
I've got to keep,
and I have to go my way alone, baby (i lifted this line off you, thanks haha)

Just get your weight off of me,
why don't you just let me be,
you keep on hating on me, mercy!
You just don't have what it takes so let me go something
No more of being the prey

I'm like your dog on a chain,
my thoughts of you still remain,
you signed the house in your name, adlib

I have the pill you should take,
All that disease I can shake,
Your every doctor's mistake, adlib

And these are the censored lyrics(I got them a few weeks a go and thought they were fake, but AdeZ confirmed that they are real):

And all of this is sung in a mumbling way, with a melody similar to Invincible, correct? Sounds uninspiring if you ask me lol. I still wouldn't say no to listening to it though.

And all of this is sung in a mumbling way, with a melody similar to Invincible, correct? Sounds uninspiring if you ask me lol. I still wouldn't say no to listening to it though.

I think i'll probably like it but I expect it to be kinda mediocre

The vocal delivery on Weight is clear as day, there's no mumbling anywhere. There's also no resemblance to the song "Invincible". - Weight is a slow and heavy bouncing track, "Invincible" is an up-tempo track.

IMHO "Invincible" is probably his weakest track with Jerkins, Weight is quite the opposite.
The reason why it wasn't released has nothing to do with its quality, that's utter nonsense. This song is on par with "Unbreakable", "Threatened", "You Rock My World", "Xscape" and "We've Had Enough".

wouldn't say mumbling, melody is similar to privacy (on some parts) if anything, non-sensical lyrics though

IMHO "Invincible" is probably his weakest track with Jerkins, Weight is quite the opposite.
The reason why it wasn't released has nothing to do with its quality, that's utter nonsense.
I've seen a post of yours on another forum saying that the reason it wasn't released is exactly because of that, because the song would never work with the mainstream.
wouldn't say mumbling, melody is similar to privacy (on some parts) if anything, non-sensical lyrics though
I don't mean mumbling literally, but singing in a way that sounds like mumble rap. The melody sounds similar to Invincible on the first verse at least so it's a mix of both?

I don't mean mumbling literally, but singing in a way that sounds like mumble rap. The melody sounds similar to Invincible on the first verse at least so it's a mix of both?
Mumble rap?? LOL, nah, only the first line or two sounds like that, the rest is much clearer

if anything, non-sensical lyrics though
I retract this statement.

I don't really care how the song sounds. I do just wanna hear it. But I really don't know why people assume the vocals are bad when it's probably the instrumentation that isn't fresh anymore.

Invincible has lots of popularity and musically did a lot of contemporary things so it's really quite a bit more important than you all think.

It’s weird how many people have written it off as “bad” or “underwhelming” when most of us have only heard 4-5 second snippets. I’m sure a lot of songs would sound kinda uninteresting if you only heard the first two lines.

I’m one of the few who loves the MJ/Darkchild collabs, so this is high on my list.

It’s weird how many people have written it off as “bad” or “underwhelming” when most of us have only heard 4-5 second snippets. I’m sure a lot of songs would sound kinda uninteresting if you only heard the first two lines.
I'm not going only by snippets, when plenty of people who heard it entirely say it's a mediocre, repetitive and uninspiring song it pretty much kills your expectations for it.

And also we have approximately 1 minute of the song, that's enough to at least get a first impression of it.

I'm not going only by snippets, when plenty of people who heard it entirely say it's a mediocre, repetitive and uninspiring song it pretty much kills your expectations for it.

And also we have approximately 1 minute of the song, that's enough to at least get a first impression of it.
Yeah but y'all the same people who say Girlfriend is a weak song so obviously you're violently wrong. End of discussion.

I don't need anyone's approval to have my own opinion.
State your opinion. But prepare for war. And I am personally offended that you used the word 'atrocious'. Just because that's a lot of syllables and they're weird ones.

I’m one of the few who loves the MJ/Darkchild collabs, so this is high on my list.
Sometimes the snippets are better. More exciting in some ways to be sure.

I'll postulate an example. On my TikTok rn, I'm posting the single cover art. I collect all of the art by album and post them together. The liked aren't incredible, but it's decent.

OTW is currently at 110, has been for a while. It was 3rd for a while.

Thriller obviously went high, 172 rn I think.

Bad is in the lead. At 239, about to be 240.

Dangerous did the lowest numbers for a studio album. Not even 60.

HIStory, in the other hand, is about to surpass OTW. 103 likes.

BOTDF hasn't even cracked 50. Not totally surprising tbh.

Anyways, Invincible is 3rd place now. 160 likes in like a day. About to surpass Thriller at this rate. Just off recognition and the song choice (HCW).

I shudder to think what Xscape will do. Point is, the modern stuff gets a lot more love.

when plenty of people who heard it entirely say it's a mediocre, repetitive and uninspiring song

Tbh, so far I have only heard this from people who CLAIM to have heard it. On this very forum there were such postings by people who I know were making things up.

I am yet to read this from someone who actually heard it from that Sundberg* seminar. *edit: apparently Brad Buxer/Michael Prince seminar

On the one hand I wouldn't call any of the Jerkins tracks a masterpiece. On the other hand most of an artist's signature songs have a story around it that makes them popular and gets them their status as a "masterpiece". Think about "Billie Jean" if it never had a music video, never had a stage performance, never had a single release, never had any buzz around it. Even one of his best songs would just simply be a track on some album.
And good songs usually do tend to feature repetitive elements / song structures. Many of MJ's songs have such a structure, too. "Uninspiring" is not an attribute I would associate this song with. Infact it rather quite stands out from the rest of the Jerkins material.

Last edited:
Tbh, so far I have only heard this from people who CLAIM to have heard it. On this very forum there were such postings by people who I know were making things up.
Damien Shields also said that it was a song that didn't appeal to him.
I am yet to read this from someone who actually heard it from that Sundberg seminar.
I've never heard of an Invincible era song being played at Brad Sundberg's seminars, do you mean that seminar with Brad Buxer and Michael Prince instead?
On the one hand I wouldn't call any of the Jerkins tracks a masterpiece. On the other hand most of an artist's signature songs have a story around it that makes them popular and gets them their status as a "masterpiece". Think about "Billie Jean" if it never had a music video, never had a stage performance, never had a single release, never had any buzz around it. Even one of his best songs would just simply be a track on some album.
And good songs usually do tend to feature repetitive elements / song structures. Many of MJ's songs have such a structure, too.
It's not always guaranteed. A Place With No Name got a single and a music video, Slave To The Rhythm had a "performance" and both songs still fell from the mainstream view.
Infact it rather quite stands out from the rest of the Jerkins material.
Better than Invincible and Privacy? I can believe it. Better than Heartbreaker, We've Had Enough, Unbreakable, Threatened and You Rock My World? The only song on Invincible to reach the public view? I doubt it.

I'm not saying it's a bad song btw, just that it's overhyped and I'm sure that there are other unreleased songs that deserve the spotlight more. Like Monster, Make Or Break, Buffalo Bill and whatever.

^ This posthumous "clip collection" and a horrible hologram performance are not comparable to when MJ was alive and kicking...
The song "Xscape" was also totally wasted by the Estate, such a shame. I can't see any MJ song ever getting to #1 nowadays because it would need real effort to get it there and noone in the business would do this because it simply doesn't make equal money in return.

Damien Shields / TheMJCast were quite dishonest about their story with the song. They claimed stuff that isn't true. That's all I will say in this regard.

^ This posthumous "clip collection" and a horrible hologram performance are not comparable to when MJ was alive and kicking...
Surely, but if GYWOOM or any other song comes out it's the most we can get.
I can't see any MJ song ever getting to #1 nowadays because it would need real effort to get it there and noone in the business would do this because it simply doesn't make equal money in return.
It's definitely doable, Hold My Hand and LNFSG managed to hit top charts and have huge stream numbers (even Chicago became one of the most streamed tracks recently lol). Maybe the Estate can repeat the success of those songs if they go back to the plan they had in 2018 of focusing only on singles.

Back