Get Your Weight Off Of Me - Lyrics

I can't see any MJ song ever getting to #1 nowadays because it would need real effort to get it there and noone in the business would do this because it simply doesn't make equal money in return.
It's very possible. It just takes real creativity and passion.

I wonder if there's any probability of Monster ever leaking. MJ has made hundreds of songs in all of his years but this one in particular is a song of which people describe as being one of his best, most complex song and all of that with the song barely having vocals. That's an outtake from Invincible that people should've been focusing on.

I think GYWOOM is probably a decent track, it sounds funky going on the snippets.

I wouldn't say it sounds as strong as APWNN or Xscape from Invincible sessions, but I'm sure it'll be a good one

The vocal delivery on Weight is clear as day, there's no mumbling anywhere. There's also no resemblance to the song "Invincible". - Weight is a slow and heavy bouncing track, "Invincible" is an up-tempo track.

IMHO "Invincible" is probably his weakest track with Jerkins, Weight is quite the opposite.
The reason why it wasn't released has nothing to do with its quality, that's utter nonsense. This song is on par with "Unbreakable", "Threatened", "You Rock My World", "Xscape" and "We've Had Enough".
The verse melody in Invincible and Weight are nearly identical.

^ This posthumous "clip collection" and a horrible hologram performance are not comparable to when MJ was alive and kicking...
The song "Xscape" was also totally wasted by the Estate, such a shame. I can't see any MJ song ever getting to #1 nowadays because it would need real effort to get it there and noone in the business would do this because it simply doesn't make equal money in return.

Damien Shields / TheMJCast were quite dishonest about their story with the song. They claimed stuff that isn't true. That's all I will say in this regard.
People have heard it in seminar and say it’s not good, which confirms the stories from both the MJCast and Damien. Joe Vogel also has stated that it is not a stand-out outtake. Rather, just another example of the sound MJ and Jerkins were developing for Invincible.

I wonder if there's any probability of Monster ever leaking. MJ has made hundreds of songs in all of his years but this one in particular is a song of which people describe as being one of his best, most complex song and all of that with the song barely having vocals. That's an outtake from Invincible that people should've been focusing on.
Has not been played at a seminar yet. My guess is odds of it leaking are pretty low. I’ve heard it’s a phenomenal and very emotional track.

People have heard it in seminar and say it’s not good, which confirms the stories from both the MJCast and Damien. Joe Vogel also has stated that it is not a stand-out outtake. Rather, just another example of the sound MJ and Jerkins were developing for Invincible.
One fan even described Get Your Weight Off of Me as “MJ’s worst finished song.” That should tell you everything you need to know. Remember that the Cascio tracks were chosen over Weight for the Michael album.

I think you forgot about "Butterflies", that one has to be the most atrocious of them all lool
Butterflies, solely as a song (forget the poorly mixed drum machine and auto tuned vocals), is better than anything on Invincible. Also, it’s not a Rodney Jerkins track.

One fan even described Get Your Weight Off of Me as “MJ’s worst finished song.” That should tell you everything you need to know. Remember that the Cascio tracks were chosen over Weight for the Michael album.
Who cares what other fans say? I’m not going to base my opinion on what others have said.

Has not been played at a seminar yet. My guess is odds of it leaking are pretty low. I’ve heard it’s a phenomenal and very emotional track.
Yeah, just thinking about a slight chance of the song being auctioned before. It's said to be a song with a dark, heavy beat, with orchestral production and for that to be considered one of the best and complex MJ tracks even though it barely has vocals on it means the song had plenty of potential. That along with Adore You are the instrumentals I'm dying to hear.

I heard the song a couple of times. A few impressions:
-the music is less clunky than the other "mechanical" songs on Invincible. The instrumental is more sparse, and each element has more room to breathe than on tracks like Heartbreaker or Invincible. I personally enjoyed that aspect of it very much.
-This is pure speculation, but to me, it sounds like this song was recorded early in the Jerkins sessions because it contains ideas that other songs, like Invincible and Privacy, were based on. I generally find the Jerkins sessions uninspired... so if my theory is true and this is one of the early ones, I feel like they realized they created a couple of good hooks here and decided it's too many to waste on one song, and so redeveloped them into separate tracks and shelved this one.
-the vocal is EXTREMELY polished. I completely disagree with whoever said it's mumbled or incomplete. Michael clearly spent hours and hours working on every line and there are countless very precise and deliberate ad-libs. To me, again this is pure speculation on my part... but if this is an early Jerkins song it sounds like Michael wanted to impress Rodney and spent more time on this vocal than probably anything that ended up on the album.
-lyrics are a bit corny and it contrasts with the super-polished vocal
-the final hook in the song, which parts of have leaked, is very catchy and I'm surprised that it's one of the few elements that haven't been repurposed in other songs. I would say it's one of the catchiest melodies Michael recorded for Invincible. It just works so well!

All that said, the song is not particularly unique, and I would rate it about the same as something like Serious Effect. But it's a cool example of what Michael was trying to do, and I think it works better than Invincible or Privacy, and is certainly more enjoyable than the songs on Invincible MJ just phoned in (i.e. where he didn't even sing the background vocals).

Ultimately Get Your Weight Off Of Me is a bit of a creative dead end, but Michael clearly put A LOT of effort into, and that counts for something! I hope we all get to enjoy it soon.

He has put more work than anyone else when it comes to analyzing MJ’s unreleased work. He’s also heard the most of it out of anyone, so he certainly has credibility.
Ok but what does that have to do with personal taste? If it was up to MJ fans they'd cut up like 40% of his catalogue, the 40% I like a lot

He has put more work than anyone else when it comes to analyzing MJ’s unreleased work. He’s also heard the most of it out of anyone, so he certainly has credibility.
And Joe Vogul has done the most in my view, even if it's not always accurate. @AlwaysThere is right here as a living breathing MJ thesaurus. And I've been annotating this stuff since 2009, even if I'm not privy to hearing it all.

You took my heart in your hand
I'll plead and run like a man?

Joe Vogel has not heard it. This is evident by the completely wrong description he gave in his book.

@Alec: The song wasn't done in the early sessions. It came later.

Last edited:
On the one side we have people who shared their honest opinion about the song and on the other side we have the guy who tried to sell the song for 100.000$ trying to convince us that "Yall wrong, MY product is good, all the others are wrong and clueless, please buy it before they release it".
In the end to form an opinion you just need to listen to the track by yourself.

^ I have read three honest opinions here: one by Alec, another one by AdeZ, plus my own opinion. None of these opinions regarding the song were negative.

It is also a fact that I have NEVER promoted the sale of this song on this or any other forum. People have known about my auctions and me being a collector for ages. Sony and The Estate know this, too, and contrary to what some might not understand, it is all within the law.

If I were desperate to sell the song, I would have done so already. It's just part of my hobby to gain the attention of other people in the industry or other collectors and that's the simple reason why I am doing auctions while putting high placeholders on them etc. I am not targeting fans on a forum but they can simply see it, too.

I usually avoid answering questions about my collection. The person who hacked into my account - "Lord Jackson" - had the nerve to rob Brad Sundberg and has turned into a criminal just because he is obsessed with Michael Jackson and is now targeting me for the same reason. Instead of respecting other human beings and their real lives, it's only this song and Michael Jackson material he can think about. This thread would not exist if a fan of Michael Jackson would actually understand what the artist's social messages are about.

Last edited:
Joe Vogel has not heard it. This is evident by the completely wrong description he gave in his book.

@Alec: The song wasn't done in the early sessions. It came later.

And you could compare with other unreleased Jerkins songs?
Were you able to listen to unreleased tracks from the early sessions?

On the one side we have people who shared their honest opinion about the song and on the other side we have the guy who tried to sell the song for 100.000$ trying to convince us that "Yall wrong, MY product is good, all the others are wrong and clueless, please buy it before they release it".
In the end to form an opinion you just need to listen to the track by yourself.
And I agree with the guy who is trying to sell the song. Within reason.

^ I have read three honest opinions here: one by Alec, another one by AdeZ, plus my own opinion. None of these opinions regarding the song were negative.

It is also a fact that I have NEVER promoted the sale of this song on this or any other forum. People have known about my auctions and me being a collector for ages. Sony and The Estate know this, too, and contrary to what some might not understand, it is all within the law.

If I were desperate to sell the song, I would have done so already. It's just part of my hobby to gain the attention of other people in the industry or other collectors and that's the simple reason why I am doing auctions while putting high placeholders on them etc. I am not targeting fans on a forum but they can simply see it, too.

I usually avoid answering questions about my collection. The person who hacked into my account - "Lord Jackson" - had the nerve to rob Brad Sundberg and has turned into a criminal just because he is obsessed with Michael Jackson and is now targeting me for the same reason. Instead of respecting other human beings and their real lives, it's only this song and Michael Jackson material he can think about. This thread would not exist if a fan of Michael Jackson would actually understand what the artist's social messages are about.
Well you kinda own stolen material as well. I don't think Michael's social messages support auctions and inner circle trading as well. I respect the honesty about your hobby, I really do, but we both know that both your and Lord Jackson's doings are against Michael's ideals.
But leaving those things aside, just wanna ask for real, after all those years with the song being really close to be leaked in LQ , do you believe or want to get anything out of it? Why don't you make a crowdfunding or something to get done with it before its initial release?

^ You are mistaken by believing the items I own were stolen. You can obtain items legally, it is possible and I have done so.

I heard the song a couple of times. A few impressions:
-the music is less clunky than the other "mechanical" songs on Invincible. The instrumental is more sparse, and each element has more room to breathe than on tracks like Heartbreaker or Invincible. I personally enjoyed that aspect of it very much.
-This is pure speculation, but to me, it sounds like this song was recorded early in the Jerkins sessions because it contains ideas that other songs, like Invincible and Privacy, were based on. I generally find the Jerkins sessions uninspired... so if my theory is true and this is one of the early ones, I feel like they realized they created a couple of good hooks here and decided it's too many to waste on one song, and so redeveloped them into separate tracks and shelved this one.
-the vocal is EXTREMELY polished. I completely disagree with whoever said it's mumbled or incomplete. Michael clearly spent hours and hours working on every line and there are countless very precise and deliberate ad-libs. To me, again this is pure speculation on my part... but if this is an early Jerkins song it sounds like Michael wanted to impress Rodney and spent more time on this vocal than probably anything that ended up on the album.
-lyrics are a bit corny and it contrasts with the super-polished vocal
-the final hook in the song, which parts of have leaked, is very catchy and I'm surprised that it's one of the few elements that haven't been repurposed in other songs. I would say it's one of the catchiest melodies Michael recorded for Invincible. It just works so well!

All that said, the song is not particularly unique, and I would rate it about the same as something like Serious Effect. But it's a cool example of what Michael was trying to do, and I think it works better than Invincible or Privacy, and is certainly more enjoyable than the songs on Invincible MJ just phoned in (i.e. where he didn't even sing the background vocals).

Ultimately Get Your Weight Off Of Me is a bit of a creative dead end, but Michael clearly put A LOT of effort into, and that counts for something! I hope we all get to enjoy it soon.
THIS!!! I'm glad to finally see a detailed review on the song that's not just the same thing everybody repeats for years. It actually gives more insight on the song's structure and how it sounds. Also gives a better idea on what to expect before we finally hear it.

Lord Jackson hacked your account? Incredible, it will never stop.
It's a pity that you can't tell us more about your collection. This would shed some light on unreleased songs.
Can you tell us a bit about the unreleased content of Jerkins please? 🙂

The original snippet of GYWOOM reminds me of the first line of Invincible. It could be the quality of the snippet admittedly, but even lyrically its like it almost fits.

Like you could sing, "You took my heart in your hand, that keep you and I apart"

Even though it makes no sense, the tempo is close, the melody is similar and the phrasing is almost identical

Back