Get Your Weight Off Of Me - Lyrics

I absolutely agree that a group buy for a finished MJ song would bring in a fair amount of casual buyers. MJ is a holy grail in the underground trading community. On a huge leak website, the thread with the laptop leaks has well over 1,000 comments, whereas most leak threads have maybe 20-50 max.
I would be willing to help a group buy for GYWOOM. We should set it up.

I don't think this is the first time a crowdfunding was suggested to him and his response was always no, even in his auctions.

Probably, it's likely that they'll use Chicago 1945 or any other song that's been leaked as well but even then nothing has happened to the uploads and nothing has happened to the leaker as well, apart of some cease and desist order that came from Steve Porcaro. I don't think they'll use GYWOOM until the vault starts running out of vocally finished material and who knows how long that'll take lol
I could see another album like Xscape coming in the near future- GYWOOM, Chicago 1945, Dream Away, I Was The Loser, TYLA, What You Do To Me, maybe a few tracks from the canceled Dangerous special edition. There’s definitely enough unreleased material for at least one more album.

I could see another album like Xscape coming in the near future- GYWOOM, Chicago 1945, Dream Away, I Was The Loser, TYLA, What You Do To Me, maybe a few tracks from the canceled Dangerous special edition. There’s definitely enough unreleased material for at least one more album.
It surely goes a lot deeper than that, up until a few months ago no one knew that Dream Away and Who Do You Know were songs with full vocals, we've also learned plenty of new titles that no one had heard of recently. It's likely that within all the titles with no info on there are some dozens with vocals on them. No one but the Estate is going to know the answer of how many songs are on a releasable state and even then they're not gonna know it 100%.

This is not going to happen.

Sony Music's chief executive Rob Stringer stated few years ago that there are actually no plans to release any more full-fledged, posthumous albums (like, 'Michael' and 'Xscape').

The strategy is to release new, stand-alone songs on a one-off basis, because we live in a streaming and track-based world.

Also, Rob Stringer implied that Michael Jackson anniversary albums are not affected by this, and they will continue to get a release (as proved by the release of the 'Thriller 40' anniversary album).

It surely goes a lot deeper than that, up until a few months ago no one knew that Dream Away and Who Do You Know were songs with full vocals, we've also learned plenty of new titles that no one had heard of recently. It's likely that within all the titles with no info on there are some dozens with vocals on them. No one but the Estate is going to know the answer of how many songs are on a releasable state and even then they're not gonna know it 100%.
Also hoping the reason Hot Street wasn’t included on Thriller 40 is that it’s being saved for an upcoming project.

This is not going to happen.

Sony Music's chief executive Rob Stringer stated few years ago that there are actually no plans to release any more full-fledged, posthumous albums (like, 'Michael' and 'Xscape').

The strategy is to release new, stand-alone songs on a one-off basis, because we live in a streaming and track-based world.

Also, Rob Stringer implied that Michael Jackson anniversary albums are not affected by this, and they will continue to get a release (as proved by the release of the 'Thriller 40' anniversary album).
Supposedly Teddy Riley and Rodney Jerkins have been called back to work on a MJ project though, I still think there’s a good chance another album may be coming soon.

I'm fine with singles as long as the releases are consistent, keep them coming every year-year and a half. Don't make fans wait 8 years just to release 1 song lol.
Supposedly Teddy Riley and Rodney Jerkins have been called back to work on a MJ project though, I still think there’s a good chance another album may be coming soon.
Did Rodney also say he was in talks with the Estate? I thought it was just Teddy and Steve Porcaro who confirmed it so far.

I'm fine with singles as long as the releases are consistent, keep them coming every year-year and a half. Don't make fans wait 8 years just to release 1 song lol.

Did Rodney also say he was in talks with the Estate? I thought it was just Teddy and Steve Porcaro who confirmed it so far.
confirmed it where?

This is not going to happen. Sony Music's chief executive Rob Stringer stated few years ago that there are actually no plans to release any more full-fledged, posthumous albums (like, 'Michael' and 'Xscape'). The strategy is to release new, stand-alone songs on a one-off basis, because we live in a streaming and track-based world. Also, Rob Stringer implied that Michael Jackson anniversary albums are not affected by this, and they will continue to get a release (as proved by the release of the 'Thriller 40' anniversary album).

This was before Leaving Neverland, the COVID shutdown (which saw “They Don’t Care About Us” balloon in popularity), the Broadway musical, and the upcoming biopic. Strategies could very well change. I think a new album would be incredibly beneficial for MJ’s cultural status/sales.

Yeah, I don't think stuff they were planning a few years ago necessarily represents what they're looking to do now. Although I do think the singles approach makes sense still. Also Michael Prince (?) said that MJ was talking to him about releasing things in the same way before he passed.

MJ thinking ahead as usual lol.

I really do hope they release an all new MJ album this year or the next.

They could release 3-4 singles leading up to the album. 1 single every 3 months - and then the full album late summer 2024.

8-9 songs - maybe 6 all new and then new updated versions of Price of Fame, We've Had Enough (no work/update is needed) and maybe on more song they could finish. - maybe Who Do You Know.

That way we would get 6 all new songs (as in not officially released - leaked songs is fine) and 3 updated songs like they did with (I Like) The Way You Love Me on Michael. - this is a way to spred the songs out so the vault don't dry out too soon and also give attention to some hidden gems.

I really do hope they release an all new MJ album this year or the next.

They could release 3-4 singles leading up to the album. 1 single every 3 months - and then the full album late summer 2024.

8-9 songs - maybe 6 all new and then new updated versions of Price of Fame, We've Had Enough (no work/update is needed) and maybe on more song they could finish. - maybe Who Do You Know.

That way we would get 6 all new songs (as in not officially released - leaked songs is fine) and 3 updated songs like they did with (I Like) The Way You Love Me on Michael. - this is a way to spred the songs out so the vault don't dry out too soon and also give attention to some hidden gems.

It would be better to license those songs so that they can be heard. They don't need to do that double dipping posthumous stuff, not anymore then they already are. They'll save We've Had Enough for whatever Invincible rerelease ever happens. And if they really want Price of Fame to be heard, bring back the Pepsi ad.

The only reason ILTWYLM made it on the record was because it was on MJ's list of songs to finish.

[...] maybe [...] new updated versions of [...] We've Had Enough (no work/update is needed).

You have mentioned something I've been thinking about for quite a while.

It seems to me the Estate doesn't acknowledge the "The Ultimate Collection" boxset and even wants to erase its existence.
The Way You Love Me was reworked for Michael and Sunset Driver has just been included on T40. Since it was removed from streaming platforms some years ago, I reckon it was an intentional move to secure a few extra "finished" songs since the biggest part of the mainstream public doesn't even know this box exists.
Although I don't agree with the claims of it being a "limited, niche release" (it was not released in South America either, but I'm in Brazil and could get a hold of a US copy for a fair price and without having to import it), I can understand that it was not a success and the fact that it's not on streaming services basically makes it nonexistent.

With all that said, I wouldn't mind seeing the "new" material from the boxset be rearranged into an album. Some tracks there are bangers that have been left behind, like Cheater. TUC is fairly easy to find on marketplaces, but the idea would make it even easier for people to find them now, physically, and also put them out in the world through streaming.

Yeah, we can expect tracks from TUC to be used in the future in my opinion. It's already happening now so there's no reason for them to leave the other previously unreleased tracks.

@MJbr2 You're onto something there mate. Thinking about the TUC, if my memory serves me right, I don't think they included Cheater on Bad 25 either, it's like the Estate don't know it exists
You are very right, mate. Cheater is not on Bad 25, neither is We Are Here to Change the World.
At this point, they're pretending TUC doesn't exist so that they can reuse the tracks on it (like they've been doing already).

confirmed it where?
He confirmed it last year when he went to Brad Sundberg's seminar and showed Chicago 1945 and Change, he said that he was in talks with the Estate to release Chicago 1945. Everyone thought he was talking about putting C1945 on Thriller 40 but a couple of months later Teddy Riley went forward and said that he was also negotiating with the Estate for a new project so there's a chance that the song will end up on the next album.

Personally, I'd rather keep this song in the vault. Not a fan of Rodney Jerkins tracks. Only a select few are decent, and this isn't one of them. Him being brought in for the Invincible project was part of the albums problem.

He confirmed it last year when he went to Brad Sundberg's seminar and showed Chicago 1945 and Change, he said that he was in talks with the Estate to release Chicago 1945. Everyone thought he was talking about putting C1945 on Thriller 40 but a couple of months later Teddy Riley went forward and said that he was also negotiating with the Estate for a new project so there's a chance that the song will end up on the next album.
I completely forgot about this! Yeah, seems like unofficial confirmation that there’s some sort of new music project in the pipeline. Very interested to see what form it’s gonna take.

Everybody need to stop thinking about albums, both the Estate and us, fans. Since the vault is that limited and we're hungry for material after 8 years of nothing, why not an EP? 3 to 5 tracks max, nice promotion, they let us pick the tracks through a poll. Would it hurt?

Everybody need to stop thinking about albums, both the Estate and us, fans. Since the vault is that limited and we're hungry for material after 8 years of nothing, why not an EP? 3 to 5 tracks max, nice promotion, they let us pick the tracks through a poll. Would it hurt?
Not sure about the poll but otherwise, nice idea.

Why? It's the most democratic way possible.
How would we know what we’re voting for? It’s like when fans do dream mock-ups of albums and choose titles they have no info on based solely on how cool they are. A poll would only make sense if they were reissuing leaked or previously-released songs and wanted fan input on which should be chosen.

I'd rather let the Estate decide what song is best for a release, imagine voting for a song only because of the title and the song turns out to be bad.
The estate would never do it but imagine.

" *Sniffs inhaler* Aw wow? MJ track - The Verdict! I wanna hear that"

Why? It's the most democratic way possible.

Hears the track and decomposes

Not to mention. The few informed individuals here do not represent the majority of MJ fans, the one who still blame Sony and The Estate for everything wrong, and parrot 💜💜💜💜 on everything, and still think Crush Feat. Drake Bell is real. And that there's a finished version of Willing and Waiting lol. Not to mention the MJ fans who are old heads and only think of MJ "When he was black". They'd probably want Jermaine to come sing backup. Point is there's just a lot wrong with the scenario. You're inviting more controversy that way. Don't do the whole picture graph weekly song reveal crap either. Just give it to us straight and leak a CD early. Thanks.

Back