Get Your Weight Off Of Me - Lyrics

GYWOOM was finished and is also a collaborative track made by Rodney Jerkins so that contradicts that entire claim. The most likely reason that the song was never released is because it isn't good enough.
I mean that GYWOOM is Michael's song because of its meaning. Song, that somehow takes part in MJ history, is not colloborative. (even if it was made with other musician) Colloborative tracks are usually universal) They dont have MIchael's secret implication) For example on Invincible there are only 4 Michael's tracks) 2 of them was made with colloborator but they are Michael's) i hope you get what I'm trying to tell ya 😅

In my opinion, this recreation both increases and decreases my excitement. Let me explain: Having heard this recreation just makes me wish the true song was out there for various reasons, but notably because of Jike's voice... now, no disrespect towards him in any way, in fact I commend him for doing this kind of stuff for the community, but to me it just feels like an approximation of Michael's performance which I know it's the point, but you can't just compare those two factores in a fair light; it feels... off, not because it's bad per se but because it simply is not the same, which kind of ruins the whole thing to me (in fact I didn't finish listening both because of that and because I don't want to hear the full ending to the song yet), Michael's voice specially on Weight is very specific and all approximations I've heard of it simply don't compare, so I just end up feeling like I'm missing out on something that I could get with MJ's takes and because of that I feel like I'm just listening to a worse version of the actual song without really hearing that one in full. I like it, I like the instrumental most of all, I appreciate the effort that went into it and it does make me excited to hear the real one because of how good it is, but I can't shake the feeling that it doesn't really compare in the vocal aspect. Because of that and a few discrepancies here and there it ends up making me think "I wish...".

Again, no bad faith towards JM, the guy did what he could and if it's not for me but others like it then that's fine, even with what I've said I don't intend to be mean towards him anyhow. I just wish the song leaked/released so that all of this teasing can stop, as accurate as it is.

And on that note, what do the other people who have heard the song (like AdeZ or Korgnex) think of this recreation? It would be interesting to hear what they think too.

Get Your Weight Off Of Me sounds weak if that version is close to accurate. Feels very 1999/2000.

Honestly MJ has passed on stronger demo's and has many incomplete demo's that interest me more if I'm honest.
MJ liked the angular hard rhythms of the Superthug type of sound. Rodney actually wanted him to have lusher, more organic sounding stuff like You Rock My World and You Don't Love Me.

Last edited:
First you hate on concerts, now this?
Who hurt you, my guy?
RIGHT?
If I were president of the world, this guy would be locked in a room playing Bad Tour shows 24/7 for the rest of his life.
THIS IS TARGETED HARASSMENT.

But for real, I like TYLA but have grown somewhat sour on it overall. It’s good but I don’t consider it like a required listen. SYPHD on the other hand just isn’t my cup of tea imo. SYPHO is outstanding and one of MJ’s finest ballads, but the demo just doesn’t do it for me. GYWOOM is at least something different. I guess in fairness I wouldn’t say it’s better than TYLA, but it’s a more interesting listen, if that makes sense.

But for real, I like TYLA but have grown somewhat sour on it overall. It’s good but I don’t consider it like a required listen. SYPHD on the other hand just isn’t my cup of tea imo. SYPHO is outstanding and one of MJ’s finest ballads, but the demo just doesn’t do it for me. GYWOOM is at least something different. I guess in fairness I wouldn’t say it’s better than TYLA, but it’s a more interesting listen, if that makes sense.
TYLA sounds to me like one of the strongest (if not the strongest) tracks in the vault.

GYWOOM is really generic and underwhelming to me from all the snippets.

MJ liked the angular hard rhythms of the Superthug type of wound. Rodney actually wanted him to have lusher, more organic sounding stuff like You Rock My World and You Don't Love Me.
That's a good point my friend, I love Mike but I'm with Rodney on this. At that point in his career Michael should have been the leader of the revolution and got artists back to real productions, talented musicians using real instruments again.

Sadly he didn't, and Invincible suffered for it, in my opinion. Probably why The Neptunes and Timberlake sounded so fresh and rode that wave in 2002

Last edited:
That's a good point my friend, I love Mike but I'm with Rodney on this. At that point in his career Michael should have been the leader of the revolution and got artists back to real productions, talented musicians using real instruments again.

Sadly he didn't, and Invincible suffered in my opinion for it. Probably why The Neptunes and Timberlake sounded so fresh and rode thar wave in 2002
I'm of two minds about it. I'm not liable to agree though, synthetic music is fine, and actually great. The set from Darkchild simply sounded rudimentary.

If there was any era style MJ could have done a lot with, it's more Bad stuff. That stuff scales great. Dangerous is 90s, and OTW is the 70s. Both are in trend but both are overplayed. His 80s melodies were so underrated.

The main proplem of Inivincible album is.... it's coloborators. There had to be more Michael's stuff! But lots of really good MICHAEL'S tracks went off the album. As I see it, Sony tried to make Invincible more overall. So they could get Money not just from Michael, but also from other participants. Hollywood Tonight, TWYLM, Blue Gangsta, Beautiful Girl, Xscape, She Was Loving Me and GYWOOM - these track could make Invincible album greater. Because they have classic Michael's tone! Just imagine If Hollywood Tonight would be the lead single (instead of boring YRMW) with videoclip and so on! It would be awesome!

Happy it has never been released. And curious how many % of the community would really enjoy a release

Going back to the quality of the song itself: I specially love the slow heavy jam feeling it has with that beat and the melody that fits perfectly with it in both verses and choruses which has stuck very nicely into my head, it works great as something akin to 2000 Watts (which I also love). I'm honestly very glad Michael ended up finishing it among all the other tracks he was working on. To me it stands very uniquely among his catalogue and encapsulates the work he ended up doing (along with his collabs) during the Invincible sessions. The whole full thing (in HQ most preferably) is going to stick with me along with other tracks of that era and an staple of it in general like with the other tracks he made (though with how people here tend to feel about this song whenever it is brought up I doubt a lot will agree).

Damn. I've just read so many stupid comments.... First of all, GYWOOM - is literally one of the BEST Michael's songs from Invincible era! It has the coolest sample and sounds just perfect. It's much better than many tracks from Invincible album! And secondly, in my honest opininon, MJ didnt let that track to be in Invincible album. because he was forced by Sony to finish colloborative tracks, like heaven can wait 2000 watts and so on! Thats why most of MICHAEL'S track were off the Invincible album! He surely loved GYWOOM, but didnt have time to finish it properly because of Sony...
Ummm this is not true. Sony did pressure MJ to release the album as quickly as possible, but the tracklist and which songs were recorded was ultimately decided by MJ. The only intervention Sony had in this was in 1999 when MJ presented an early version of the album to Sony, and they told him “it wasn’t good enough.” This has been confirmed by multiple people on the project. Also Weight is definitely one of the weaker tracks from the era Imo.

MJ liked the angular hard rhythms of the Superthug type of wound. Rodney actually wanted him to have lusher, more organic sounding stuff like You Rock My World and You Don't Love Me.
I wish MJ recorded You Don’t Love Me. Would’ve been interesting to hear him do more lush/ organic sounding stuff like what Brandy did on the Never Say Never album.

After listening to only the instrumental I can say that it's better, I don't know what was it with Jike's vocals but it sounded out of place to me. Anyway. It's a cool tune but it definitely isn't anywhere near the level of Rodney's best tracks like Threatened and Heartbreaker. The track is on level for re-issue albums imo and if the Estate ever decides to make an anniversary edition of Invincible that's where the track should be released.
I agree. I like it better than Privacy and Invincible but Xscape, We’ve Had Enough, Rock My World, Threatened are so much better.

This captures the song structure pretty much 1:1, including the small instrumental breakdown 2/3 in. It seems to me the people who made this heard the full song.

So if anyone is curious about what the actual song sounds like, this is a good way to find out.
Who's singing this? This is indeed very interesting. It's not MJ, right?

Back