"Girls of Another Love"... a "new" snippet from the Bad sessions..

lol ...you can barely hear the nature of the DRUM sound in this low compression audio artefact mess.
From what is audible it does sound authentic 80s, like from a linn drum machine, I'd say.

Compression or not, the drum sounds, or any of the other sounds dont fit in with the sounds of the other songs weve heard from that era- many of them we heard in worse quality originally. Eg. Streetwalker demo.

Regardless, doesn't change the fact that it doesn't sound like Michael Jackson to me anyways.

I really believe that this is Michael. Remember how people were saying that wasn't MJ singing on the new remix of say say say? My point is, considering that this may [potentially] be a demo, in very low quality and pitched up, I can understand that people are saying it doesn't sound like MJ. But all his signature inflections and rhythms are prevalent in that clip. and the way how he goes up with that gritty voice, in perfect pitch without it sounding nasally like every other impersonator tells me that this is MJ.

I can say this, if it turns out to be someone else singing then wow. That's the best impersonator in the world. damn I wouldn't have noticed if he sang breaking news lol.

I really believe that this is Michael. Remember how people were saying that wasn't MJ singing on the new remix of say say say? My point is, considering that this may [potentially] be a demo, in very low quality and pitched up, I can understand that people are saying it doesn't sound like MJ. But all his signature inflections and rhythms are prevalent in that clip. and the way how he goes up with that gritty voice, in perfect pitch without it sounding nasally like every other impersonator tells me that this is MJ.

I can say this, if it turns out to be someone else singing then wow. That's the best impersonator in the world. damn I wouldn't have noticed if he sang breaking news lol.

I was honestly shocked that some people said the remix of Say Say Say was not Michael

But this "demo" is just not Michael at all, it just sounds off .

Here is the same file but pitched a little bit down!
Some thing in the vocals remind me very much of Earth Song.
And if this is real the vocals are definitely from 1990 - 1999.

[FONT=source_sans_proregular]https://mega.nz/#!KNRBCSTC[/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]!Mi4aCmNmnd8eC94rsntCe2ytekFTkvzov5qNKXuBSEo[/FONT]

"Girl of Another" - Also known as "Girl of Another Love"
Written in 1998.

it sounds like Michael but (at least in the head phones I have) it sounds too muffled to make a clear judgment on the vocal.. There has been 1 or 2 sound alikes ive heard recently that IF it were this muffled cud sound pretty damn close to this

^Made it a bit less muffled. Apart from the main thing of the voice just sounding different compared to MJ's (the tonality as MJ perhaps would say), there are other things that just sound off (though explaining what you hear is always so difficult). The last word the singer pronounces for instance (is it "up"? or "on"?) in particular sounds very non-Michaelish. It's more like a 'gasping for air', strained type of shout that does not sound like Michael to me in any way.

The word that comes closest imo is the "down" (if that's the word) in "no one puts us down," but I still do not find that part very convincing either. Also remember that although most impersonators do not even try to imitate his gritty voice, some do (like Jeffrey Perez here:

Also, it is easy for something to sound gritty when the sound is clipping and the quality is this low. The very reason most impersonators only record their voices in low quality is because it masks their weaknesses.

Last edited:
SoCav that is exactly who came to mind for me... Not saying its mot Michael on this recording but it's muffled JUST enough to make it possible.. will say Jeffery Perez is pretty damn good.. primarily with the gritty sound

will say Jeffery Perez is pretty damn good.. primarily with the gritty sound
Yeah, in terms of the gritty sound I think he comes closest from the impersonators that I have heard (not to say that it is very close). Certainly closer than guys like Marcus Joseph Williams or Jean Walker. Though like the latter, he is off-key a lot.

I honestly don't even believe the original vocal recording was an attempt to sound like Michael. Everything about it sounds completely different to Michael. Besides the 'down' - THAT comes kinda close to MJ. But the rest, not even.

I honestly don't even believe the original vocal recording was an attempt to sound like Michael. Everything about it sounds completely different to Michael. Besides the 'down' - THAT comes kinda close to MJ. But the rest, not even.

I agree. it's so far from his voice

I don't know about you guys, but this is classic Michael for sure. This snippet had MJ all over it. The chords that were used are typically Michael!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

its crazy we even have these questions now... all because of the cascio tracks... Before IF we found someone that could sing half way similar to Michael we would celebrate.. Now there is always a cautionary tale behind it that we worry of what could come with future releases..

cray!

Hmmm, that very last note and vibrato sounds a little off... Great voice though.

It sounds like Michael to me...This is really incredible, so I really hope it is! :chillin:

Hopefully we will be able to hear more of it soon.

its crazy we even have these questions now... all because of the cascio tracks... Before IF we found someone that could sing half way similar to Michael we would celebrate.. Now there is always a cautionary tale behind it that we worry of what could come with future releases..

cray!

Well, YouTube is full of impersonators that fans regularly fall for so it is definitely not just because of the Cascio tracks.

Well, YouTube is full of impersonators that fans regularly fall for so it is definitely not just because of the Cascio tracks.

I disagree. This is definitely the Cassio effect. The same thing happened when I am a loser, A place with no name and say say remix were leaked/released. People doubted the authenticity of those tracks. The Cassio effect for sure

Back in 2007(?), there were songs from an album called '7even' that were labeled as Michael singing them, it had many people fooled.

I don't mean any offend anyone, but I'm surprised by those who are saying it sounds nothing like Michael...IMO it sounds WAY more like Michael than any other fake we've ever heard. Again, not trying to offend anyone's ears ;) . I think we need to hear more of the song to have a conclusive judgement.

well of course there are sound alikes that fans have fallen for over the years.. but it never got so much negative traction as it has since Cascio tracks. That is more so what I am saying.. Before it would be a post for example "MJ singing _________" than someone would respond "nope this is _____" and the convo would be about what that person does well or does not do well.. end of story, now there are more than 50 shades of gray lol

Exactly, I think what has changed due to the Cascio tracks (in addition to a major split in the fanbase and a host of other negative things that those fraudulent songs triggered) is that some people now even doubt genuine vocals that are released, like the Say Say Say remix.. bizarre. That's new. But a thread like this could have been around 10 years ago as well. So many people thought Mamacita was MJ back in the day, for instance.

Back