9. "Got to Be There"
  10. "Sugar Daddy"
  11. "I Wanna Be Where You Are"
  12. "I'll Be There"
  13. Medley:"I Want You Back"/"ABC"/"The Love You Save"
  14. "Find Me A Girl"
  15. "Dancing Machine"
  16. "Enjoy Yourself"
So I got this from wikipedia, I have no idea how accurate it is or if the setlist was fixed or had more variety. I wanted to tell you this is such an exciting setlist. Look at it we have 1978 Michael in his prime voice only a couple of months away from breakthrough successes like shake your body down to the ground or don’t stop till you get enough.
I am stoked to see and hear these concerts. I really wonder how he sang tracks like got to be there and never can say goodbye in his adult voice we are all so familiar with!

some peculiar notes:
-He already did the same damn motown medley back in 78, this would be for sure the only skippable moment. I love the tracks but perform them in full or don’t perform at all!
-Just one track of the album you are promoting? This is almost surely not right so I assume on other dates the setlist was changed a bit
-Just 4 dates?! 3 of them at the same venue in the space of 3 days not even in the USA But in Trinidad of all places. Can’t be the full truth…
Would love to see more setlists around 1976-1979

Last edited:
Yeah I totally forgot Michael’s career only started in 1979 with off the wall, my bad!

I’m being sarcastic btw

Yeah I totally forgot Michael’s career only started in 1979 with off the wall, my bad!
That is the case for most people currently on this site. 😁 There is an entire section for J5/Jacksons music (2300 Jackson Street) and it tends to be inactive. Many of the people who were interested in the music of the group haven't posted here in years. There were a couple of folks who actually knew some of the Jackson family who would post in 2300. That section used to be busy, well the entire site used to be more active. There used to be a lot of people who would discuss other non-Jackson family music. The music for other music artists used to have it's own section, now it's just with general discussion topics.

I don't know about their performances in other countries, but in the USA during the 1970s the brothers were often on package tours with other acts. Package tours were common in the 1970s and the decades before. In some cases, the concerts would have different acts in different cities, it might not be the same acts for the entire tour. There's still package tours today, but they generally feature oldies/old school singers and/or groups. Usually featuring a specific genre. Some are on cruise ships.

@DuranDuran

Package tours never heard of that before. Is that why their shows were only an hour long? How did ticketing work when there is one crowd for 2 bands? What bands were packaged with the Jacksons?

Wait, I thought Michael's career started when his mom told his dad he could sing... Or maybe in 1968 with the Big Boy single. ;-)

I was also excited the first time I could hear things like Never Can Say Goodbye* and I Wanna Be Where You Are with adult voice.
Also World Of Sunshine sung by Michael in the Jacksons TV show was quite good (edit: I remember now also "I Can't Quit Your Love" from the shows).
He also did Music And Me and Happy around 1975~1977 (according to YouTube), but sadly I do not consider "Happy" as good performances.

* I often foret about it but Never Can Say Goodbye was performed at Motown 25.

Last edited:
@Maxym Yes NCSG at Motown 25 was great but only a segment of it unfortunately.
I love the full show live in Mexico that is on youtube, especially the performance of "one day in your life"!

Just one track of the album you are promoting? This is almost surely not right so I assume on other dates the setlist was changed a bit
Still better than the Victory Tour that had zero songs from that album performed.

Wait, I thought Michael's career started when his mom told his dad he could sing... Or maybe in 1968 with the Big Boy single. ;-)

I was also excited the first time I could hear things like Never Can Say Goodbye* and I Wanna Be Where You Are with adult voice.
Also World Of Sunshine sung by Michael in the Jacksons TV show was quite good (edit: I remember now also "I Can't Quit Your Love" from the shows).
He also did Music And Me and Happy around 1975~1977 (according to YouTube), but sadly I do not consider "Happy" as good performances.

* I often foret about it but Never Can Say Goodbye was performed at Motown 25.
I watched the broadcast version of Motown 25 that's on Youtube the other day, and I couldnt believe that NCSG was not broadcast.

@analogue
Everybody knows it wasn't really victory that they were promoting :-D It was literally Michael's first solo tour all but in name.

@DuranDuran

Package tours never heard of that before. Is that why their shows were only an hour long? How did ticketing work when there is one crowd for 2 bands? What bands were packaged with the Jacksons?
6e9f18505d4faf6ede4e935130a029edb27b272e.jpg
ee238d79c00340596fb1415930bc456c6ab83be8.jpg

bb4bb3374b1b959284f1f1419a88a76eec397004.jpg

Back