GYWOOM reactions

I have watched a lot of reaction videos, I’ve never came across a negative one, nobody has he guts to be negative.

It's almost like people like Michael Jackson's music or somethin

Not here of course, we think it's all dog 💩.
The youtubers clearly don’t know the narrative, it is one of Michael’s most disliked songs. They’re effectively polishing up a turd but I’ll tell you what, it still smells.

Nah the song is ok ish, I’m just overreacting. It is better than billie jean

re-release Invincible as a special edition and release GYWOOM as single with studio footage (use that for a music video).

RIP Thriller sales.

Having listened to the song again, I still enjoy it but the actual song, lyrics etc are pretty average.

It's the vocals that really shine, I love certain moments in the song and what MJ does with his voice.

Shock horror , the young fans enjoy the more modern sounding songs from MJ
Well, yeah, except Thriller literally already sounded modern over 40 years ago. Invincible has the digital sound and the hip hop sensibilities.

Having listened to the song again, I still enjoy it but the actual song, lyrics etc are pretty average.
Isn't the ongoing trend that most of MJs songs post Quincy, starting with Bad, that most his music was average? That elitism just gets tiring after a while.

Well, yeah, except Thriller literally already sounded modern over 40 years ago. Invincible has the digital sound and the hip hop sensibilities.

Isn't the ongoing trend that most of MJs songs post Quincy, starting with Bad, that most his music was average? That elitism just gets tiring after a while.
Out of all his albums , I'd say BAD has aged the most. It's due to all the synths that has that typical 80's sound being used.

Not sure if there's an ongoing trend but I'd say his 80's work is superior to everything else he released.

It was Michael's own fault for being ridiculously talented where he was finding it difficult to top his previous work.

There are still a lot of MJ classics in the 90's though.

If MJ had started in the 90's he would still have a mega career.

Out of all his albums , I'd say BAD has aged the most. It's due to all the synths that has that typical 80's sound being used.

Not sure if there's an ongoing trend but I'd say his 80's work is superior to everything else he released.

It was Michael's own fault for being ridiculously talented where he was finding it difficult to top his previous work.

There are still a lot of MJ classics in the 90's though.

If MJ had started in the 90's he would still have a mega career.
Well, you really just go song by song, in every album you pick at least one. My faves from Invincible get way more play than my least faves from the 80s.

Get the off the wall and thriller session musicians (those that are still among us anyway) and let them play real instruments to the Bad and dangerous tracks. That is something I would buy. I think it was Louis Johnson who said that recording on the later albums wasn’t as fun due to synthesizers etc

Get the off the wall and thriller session musicians (those that are still among us anyway) and let them play real instruments to the Bad and dangerous tracks. That is something I would buy. I think it was Louis Johnson who said that recording on the later albums wasn’t as fun due to synthesizers etc
I've never wanted this. It's like the special editions of Star wars. Just unnecessary to me. I'm not crapping on the idea cuz I'd still listen to it. I just like it how it is.

Besides, there are plenty of “real musicians” on Bad. I don’t like this narrative about it all being synthetic at all.
Even if it is all synthetic, that's still "real". Electrophones are a category of instruments.

Nah it is much better imo to hear real string arrangements and real drumming. It breaths timeless life into the songs, there is a reason many people call these albums dated. I don't think anyone can deny it would sound a ton better than another programmed remix of the songs.
It is all a matter of taste though, I understand.

Nah it is much better imo to hear real string arrangements and real drumming. It breaths timeless life into the songs, there is a reason many people call these albums dated. I don't think anyone can deny it would sound a ton better than another programmed remix of the songs.
It is all a matter of taste though, I understand.
At this point in time you (or at least I with my tastes) can barely tell the difference, maybe the more rudimentary stuff has that

At this point in time you (or at least I with my tastes) can barely tell the difference, maybe the more rudimentary stuff has that
I'm just assuming everything is done with synthesizers these days lol , especially so in pop music. Rock music is different, but rock music is dead so it doesn't matter

[...] Rock music is different, but rock music is dead so it doesn't matter
🤔 I hadn't noticed!

Haim, Fontaines DC, Royal Blood, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice, Inhaler, Dorothy ...

I mean, I'm not even trying here. Are we talking U2 / Coldplay / Metallica level bands or just rock bands generally? Guitar bands don't dominate the charts the way they did from the 60's - 90's but that has been the case for a long time. Not dominating the pop charts doesn't = dead, imo. It's just a shift.

Rock music is doing just fine, imo.

Derail from GYWOOM but I blame f&m. :ROFLMAO:

Back