Has Moonwalker been released uncut on blu-ray?

ScreenOrigami;4292140 said:
You know what, 2 more hours and we’ll have found the Unified Theory that Stephen Hawking had been looking for. :D

Known as the Moonwalker Conjecture. :D

They’ll be happy to hear from us. Thanks for the HIStory 25 merch, guys, but now let’s have a conversation about Moonwalker. :woohoo:

It's worth it if we get Prince T-shirts as a result (signed by Bubbles). And of course some Mantovani CDs. :D

It’s an experimental anthology musical film. :clap:

An eamf. :D

While we're at Moonwalker trivia...

Did you know that the two 'heavy' motorbike guys from Speed Demon are based on real life motorcycle-riding/wrestling twins who performed stunt shows and held the world record for fattest twins in the 1970's?

The McGuire Twins :D

UN7qmeoev-L7-XFudd-Qur-Nllairqr9-Z7-Yezdrxqysgg-Cg.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_McGuire_Twins

Did you know that the two 'heavy' motorbike guys from Speed Demon are based on real life motorcycle-riding/wrestling twins who performed stunt shows and held the world record for fattest twins in the 1970's?

I had no idea! These are the facts we need in our lives! :D

UN7qmeoev-L7-XFudd-Qur-Nllairqr9-Z7-Yezdrxqysgg-Cg.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_McGuire_Twins

I was JUST wondering about this! Thank you! Although the names written on their hats in the film differ, don't they?

See when Michael exits "MJJ Studios" under an archway on the motorcycle...does this have a real world location?

I was JUST wondering about this! Thank you! Although the names written on their hats in the film differ, don't they?

Hah, never noticed that (probably because I never watched it in BluRay quality).
Seems to read Tyrone and Bif?

I guess they were meant to be just losely based on the McGuire twins. I don't think there was another fat pair of motorbike riding twins.

Or, since in Moonwalker they appear as autograph chasers, they had those hats autographed by other hollywood stars before running into Michael? :D

moonwalker-movie-52.png

But seems those writings were changed at some point (during the original production):
Michael-Jackson-Speed-Demon-Official-Video-You-Tube-2020-06-02.jpg

They also appeared in the Simpsons and Family Guy.

mcguiretwins02.jpg

A bit mroe about their story here. They famously once made a trip on those little bikes from NY to LA, which explains why pop culture still remembers them that way.
http://goodsparkgarage.com/the-motorcycling-mccrary-twins/

I wonder who the director at the Western film set is based on that Michael runs into.
"...I asked for a BAD guy, and they give me MICHAEL JACKSON" :D

Last edited:
Electro;4292214 said:
Hah, never noticed that (probably because I never watched it in BluRay quality).
Seems to read Tyrone and Bif ~ Bill?

The one on the right is Biff.

hRJLZAA.png

Electro;4292214 said:
I wonder who the director at the Western film set is based on that Michael runs into.
"...I wanted a BAD guy, and they send me MICHAEL JACKSON" :D

That’s most likely Steven Spielberg. :)
This is Spielberg in 1986:

7583224.jpg

1Jge0Ov.png

ScreenOrigami;4292219 said:
That’s most likely Steven Spielberg. :)

1Jge0Ov.png

Most probably. I always thought he mostly looks like a combination of Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola though. :D

Most probably. I always thought he mostly looks like a combination of Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola though. :D

Good point! That might very well be the case. Maybe this is even an inside joke referring to something on the set of Captain EO. :)

I think I automatically went with Spielberg because he appeared in Liberian Girl shortly after.

UjcthsF.png

rrYUcq3.png

Without the glasses, he looks even more like the claymation director in Moonwalker. :)

1a234e2db2e1c9255a08b9cf199edb8a.jpg

:)

Spielberg was the most famous (the most appealing to the widest audience) in the 80's, and there's clearly a similarity, so it's a good guess by all means. I just love the idea that the character is based on several typical directors, with whom MJ had the chance to work to some extent.

ozemouze;4292228 said:
1a234e2db2e1c9255a08b9cf199edb8a.jpg

Spielberg was the most famous (the most appealing to the widest audience) in the 80's, and there's clearly a similarity, so it's a good guess by all means. I just love the idea that the character is based on several typical directors, with whom MJ had the chance to work to some extent.

Yeah, I like that theory. :)
It’s part of the beauty of Moonwalker that there are so many hidden references to showbiz at the time. It’s a lot like with the Simpsons (back when they were good). The more you watch it, the more you discover.

Last edited:
But seems those writings were changed at some point (during the original production):
Michael-Jackson-Speed-Demon-Official-Video-You-Tube-2020-06-02.jpg

Squash & Patch? :laughing:

I thought the one on the right read Butch, but when the left one is Squash, Patch makes more sense.

How and why did they go from that to Tyrone & Biff?

To me the voice of the director sounds like Spielberg too...I mean, he wouldn't have voiced it would he?

To me the voice of the director sounds like Spielberg too...I mean, he wouldn't have voiced it would he?

I think he sounds like Martin Scorsese :rofl:, just to add to the confusion. :D

That should actually be easy to find out by taking a look at the end credits where the voice actors are usually listed. :)

I’ll have a look later, if nobody has done it by the time I get around to doing it.

ScreenOrigami;4292384 said:
That should actually be easy to find out by taking a look at the end credits where the voice actors are usually listed. :)

I’ll have a look later, if nobody has done it by the time I get around to doing it.

But then he could easily have gone uncredited for whatever reason.

So, I just checked and the voice actors aren’t listed. We need to take this to that forensic voice analyst who exposed the fake songs. :laughing:

ScreenOrigami;4292423 said:
So, I just checked and the voice actors aren’t listed. We need to take this to that forensic voice analyst who exposed the fake songs. :laughing:

They will conclude the voice belongs to Elvis...

Nice find, thanks. :)

ChrisC, could you maybe consider to change the title of your thread to “Moonwalker Trivia” or something along these lines? We’re 8 pages deep now and have diverted from the original topic.

peewee.jpg

btw... this guy is "Pee Wee Herman" aka Paul Reubens.

a9d32fb6b27473b7814056ad9aaa1409.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pee-wee_Herman

Also confirmed here: https://peewee.fandom.com/wiki/Pee-wee_Herman

This Polish wikipedia even lists him as speaker in the Moonwalker scene. https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonwalker

Sounds like him too. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTzTKHEjW4Y

hahahahahaha I knew that one. this whole movie speak 80's all in it. i'm not sure if Michael was a fan of Pee-Wee Herman. if so, he probably never really spoke up about it. :)

Back