Help-How to learn smooth criminal choreography

dancemasterman

Proud Member
Okay I am one of those fans who dances like MJ. As I mentioned before untill rescently I never tried to teach myself any moves or routines. I just free styled really, really, really good. I just naturally learned it.

well I rescently taught myself with ease the routine for the 80's grammy performance of the way you make me feel as well as thriller. I was shocked with how easy I learned them.

I'm trying to learn smooth criminal, and honestly it's kind of intimidating. you kno how in the video the music stops, well right when it starts back up again. I'm having so much trouble with that part especially the part where he kicks, turns around, and then turns around again. I get so lost when he turns around.

anybody know of any helpful videos for learning the choreography to smooth criminal? the concernt or video version would work for me.

and cheers to smooth criminal after all these years it's still my favorite video and live performance of all time! :)

My two cents:

Back when i used to learn his dance moves/choregraphies, i used to watch his dancers whenever i had a hard time following him/learning from him. Somehow sometimes his dancers do not exactly execute the dance moves the way he does but it kind of made me understand the idea; then i would go back to watching him to add the final touches.

Last edited:
My two cents:

Back when i used to learn his dance moves, i used to watch his dancers whenever i had a hard time following him/learning from him. Somehow sometimes his dancers do not exactly execute the dance moves the way he does but it kind of made me understand the idea; then i would go back to watching him to add the final touches.

same here but I would watch impersonators instead of his back up dancers. sometimes watching his impersonators shows me what I'm doing wrong some how.

Definitely my fave dance routine, I would LOVE to learn this..

Smooth Criminal is my fav dance routine ever. But everyone knows that here :)

I have been trying to learn some stuff and it's pretty tricky. But it takes time and practice. It's fun as hell. :)

Back